1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Zod as my first HT Superman figure a couple months ago, and then got BvS Supes earlier this week... They pair SO well together. I think I'm going to get Jor-El to complete the ensemble. Batman won't be out for a while, so Supes needs family.

Zod is definitely one of their better sculpts. I'm glad they gave him a menacing face, it really stands out among the dead eye sculpts. The likeness is spot on, it's a shame his armor wasn't meant to be removed.

Zod chest emblems available for you final fight custom. Pm me if ypu want one :)
image.jpg

I'm very late to this party, but this turns out to be more of a 'toy hospital' question:

I saw a General Zod going for an absolute bargain at an Australian retailer and snapped it up. Great looking figure! I had just taken it out of the box, was putting it in its first pose, and I heard the dreaded 'snap'. A piece in the leg around the ball joint for the foot had broken free. Super glue isn't really going to cut it for a socket that has to have a ball joint forcefully push back in there, is it? And I can't really buy a new body and replace it: the figure is covered in pieces of armour and a rubber suit. I'm never getting all that off without ruining it. Sure, the fig was on special, but it's not the retailer's fault. I heard the snap myself! Zods were (and still are) cheap there because no-one was buying them, and not because they were in any way faulty or used. Right now poor ol' Zod has his foot hanging on by blu tack while in a flying pose. I'd hate to think that his 'standing on the ground' days are over before they even began. What would you guys do in the case of a break like this?

I was being really careful with the armour because that looked like the delicate part! But nope. Push one foot back for standing, and not very hard, and ... The foot bends in the middle, too, and I could have got the pose I wanted that way ...

I guess if his neck had snapped that would have been funnier ...

I'm very late to this party, but this turns out to be more of a 'toy hospital' question:

I saw a General Zod going for an absolute bargain at an Australian retailer and snapped it up. Great looking figure! I had just taken it out of the box, was putting it in its first pose, and I heard the dreaded 'snap'. A piece in the leg around the ball joint for the foot had broken free. Super glue isn't really going to cut it for a socket that has to have a ball joint forcefully push back in there, is it? And I can't really buy a new body and replace it: the figure is covered in pieces of armour and a rubber suit. I'm never getting all that off without ruining it. Sure, the fig was on special, but it's not the retailer's fault. I heard the snap myself! Zods were (and still are) cheap there because no-one was buying them, and not because they were in any way faulty or used. Right now poor ol' Zod has his foot hanging on by blu tack while in a flying pose. I'd hate to think that his 'standing on the ground' days are over before they even began. What would you guys do in the case of a break like this?

I was being really careful with the armour because that looked like the delicate part! But nope. Push one foot back for standing, and not very hard, and ... The foot bends in the middle, too, and I could have got the pose I wanted that way ...

Show us a pic of the part that snapped and we will tell you what you can do.

Its a regular problem on Zods body.
Mine broke too, and i bought one that was fixed.
The feet pegs are either slightly too big or the ankles are too brittle.
Username Will probably come with a better solution but What i did was glue back the broken part, it was doable on mine, then some electrical black tape around the ankle to keep everything tight.
If yu cant glue the broken part back, i would use epoxy around the ankle.
Put the feet peg in the ankle so the epoxy Will take the form of the ball joint do it can still move.
Then just put the suit over it all.

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the advice! Here is a pic of what broke. It sounds as if it broke here for a few people. Excuse the Zod-butt and the blu-tack (which has been good for holding the foot on in a flying pose, so far).

I have to say, I'd let this slip by, and obviously this is fairly redundant commentary on something that has been out for years, but this is a king of a figure. The articulated armour layered over the detailed suit, the likeness, the stand, the witch's cape. I am really, really impressed. Pics did not do it justice, and I was not expecting so much attention to detail. The articulated armour in particular really sells it.

Heck, why not add some pics to the pile?

I ended up using a piece of dark grey foam cut to fit in his neck to fill the gap. Really dig this figure.

general_zod02.jpg

general_zod.jpg

Great figure indeed. The Shannon sculpt though is really good, so the helmeted sculpt doesn't really do the figure justice for me.

Nabbed this figure for $160 on eBay used but basically like new. The guy I got it from had this figure in mint condition as well as the box. Very happy.

You can order him from Popcultcha.com in Australia for $117.77 USD at the moment, $30.50 shipping to the United states, so about $150 USD all up. Jor-El's going for 104 USD too.

Great figure indeed. The Shannon sculpt though is really good, so the helmeted sculpt doesn't really do the figure justice for me.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Nabbed this figure for $160 on eBay used but basically like new. The guy I got it from had this figure in mint condition as well as the box. Very happy.

Congrats!! :rock It's an awesome figure! :)

You can order him from Popcultcha.com in Australia for $117.77 USD at the moment, $30.50 shipping to the United states, so about $150 USD all up. Jor-El's going for 104 USD too.
Sorry for posting here, but I'm hoping for a quick answer. I just took advantage of this deal and it's my first time ordering from this company. After checkout, I got an email stating the total including shipping was $147.31, which seemed right. But in the same email, below the total, it said "Grand Total To Be Charged: $194.54. It also says that on the online invoice for my order at Popcultcha.com.

Am I going to be charged $194.54 for this figure?

The 194 is Australian currency. It converts to 147 USD.
Thanks. Boy, it would be so much clearer if the company would take the small step of noting that the "Grand Total to be Charged" is in Australian Dollars! I wrote them that suggestion and I'm hoping they take it to heart. It would seem an easy fix to something that has confused me but others, too.

Thanks. Boy, it would be so much clearer if the company would take the small step of noting that the "Grand Total to be Charged" is in Australian Dollars! I wrote them that suggestion and I'm hoping they take it to heart. It would seem an easy fix to something that has confused me but others, too.

Perhaps if you had thought ahead and realised that australia has dollars also, it wouldn't have been an issue, lol.

Why does an Australian based site need to specifically state that the currency they go by is Australian dollars? :dunno

Perhaps if you had thought ahead and realised that australia has dollars also, it wouldn't have been an issue, lol.

It IS an Australian site lol.

Why does an Australian based site need to specifically state that the currency they go by is Australian dollars? :dunno

LOL American narcissism.

Wow. Such reactionary and unnecessarily snide responses to what I felt was a very common-sense improvement step that the company could make. This has nothing to do with narcissism. Yes, it is an Australian company, but they sell internationally and their invoice/receipt makes it very unclear how much I will be charged. Whether it is an Australian company or a company from anywhere else, I found it confusing that they had two separate "total" lines with two significantly different amounts of money I was going to be charged, with no obvious distinction between the two.

Yes, it's an Australian company, but if they are going to sell internationally, then it makes perfect sense to be more clear in describing the type of currency to be charged. They already take the step of allowing each visitor to select their country's currency on the homepage. As it stands, their invoice was the equivalent of me being in-country, at the register, and having the cashier say something like "OK, your total purchase is $100, and we will charge you $150." Does that make much sense to you?

Back