1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets swap head

cwandwidwo_zps8830a027.jpg

Lets swap head

cwandwidwo_zps8830a027.jpg

Looking at this pic... Its clear to me that the main stellar of the figure is the accuracy with which the costume has come out. Even the black widow sculpt looks so good on that figure. AH sculpt on the other body looks way mediocre. Basically the BW sculpt can go with both bodies and still pull it off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Got mine today (finally, after three months of waiting and over a year after pre-order) and AM. I. HAPPY.

Easily my favorite HT so far (I don't have much, but she trumped Mk VII's place for me) if it weren't for the nearly none existent shoulder articulation and over 10 minutes of trying to fit the goggles on properly... which seemed much more sturdy than I had been expecting with all the issues of it being fragile and breaking so easily. Of course, it's worth mentioning that after trying both slipping the goggles into the head from the crown and unstrapping and strapping it back on from behind as the manual suggested, it was the unstrapping/strapping that worked for me. 10 minutes of trying to fit it through the crown and messing up the hair big time versus a minute of unstrapping, fixing the hair, and strapping. :D

I agree though that she's hard to photograph. I've been into photo photography for 2 or 3 years now but I simply give up on this one. She's... difficult. :( So I resorted to these mediocre pics from my phone just to show you guys how I have her posed. Forgive that the case is on the floor, I haven't gotten around buying a stand for it yet.

Oh, and last note... I just feel the need to say that despite her being one of the better figures for me, she's definitely an accessory for the Batpod, not the other way around.

p7f.JPG

af8n.jpg

oto4.JPG

Got mine today (finally, after three months of waiting and over a year after pre-order) and AM. I. HAPPY.

Easily my favorite HT so far (I don't have much, but she trumped Mk VII's place for me) if it weren't for the nearly none existent shoulder articulation and over 10 minutes of trying to fit the goggles on properly... which seemed much more sturdy than I had been expecting with all the issues of it being fragile and breaking so easily. Of course, it's worth mentioning that after trying both slipping the goggles into the head from the crown and unstrapping and strapping it back on from behind as the manual suggested, it was the unstrapping/strapping that worked for me. 10 minutes of trying to fit it through the crown and messing up the hair big time versus a minute of unstrapping, fixing the hair, and strapping. :D

I agree though that she's hard to photograph. I've been into photo photography for 2 or 3 years now but I simply give up on this one. She's... difficult. :( So I resorted to these mediocre pics from my phone just to show you guys how I have her posed. Forgive that the case is on the floor, I haven't gotten around buying a stand for it yet.

Oh, and last note... I just feel the need to say that despite her being one of the better figures for me, she's definitely an accessory for the Batpod, not the other way around.

p7f.JPG

af8n.jpg

oto4.JPG

Those photos are by no way mediocre at all.
Nice Photos and unique way of posing her with the Bat-Pod like that.
Nice work!!
Cheers and you should see my photos if you are saying mediocre hahaha.

I also agree you did take some cool photos of her and yes, she is somewhat difficult to pose. My issue were her boots and her outfit restricting her articulation. I reposted by CW gallery to show you what I did with her....

Her hair seems weird... did you strap it underneath?

Speaking of hair, the rooted hair is amazing! It's like a third the thickness of real hair!

And yeah, the suit is pretty restricting on the shoulders and the hips. The chest articulation under the breasts might as well not be there as it almost doesn't move at all other than swiveling and rotating left and right. But above all that, crunching her suit at certain spots make the articulation better at those points.

Can't express how in love I am with the figure! It sucks that I didn't have time to play around with it before setting and posing it permanently. I tend to be too an@l to pull it out of the display once it's been set. :monkey1

Her hair seems weird... did you strap it underneath?

Speaking of hair, the rooted hair is amazing! It's like a third the thickness of real hair!

And yeah, the suit is pretty restricting on the shoulders and the hips. The chest articulation under the breasts might as well not be there as it almost doesn't move at all other than swiveling and rotating left and right. But above all that, crunching her suit at certain spots make the articulation better at those points.

Can't express how in love I am with the figure! It sucks that I didn't have time to play around with it before setting and posing it permanently. I tend to be too an@l to pull it out of the display once it's been set. :monkey1

I tried not to tinker with her too much. Was too darn afraid of breaking something. :(

resealed04, did you make that glass (or is it acrylic?) box for her, or did you custom order it?

I need one exactly like that, but I just can't decided where to get it from.

Every quote I got for acrylic was over $200. :(

I got mine today

in pics:

no hathaway
cold faced
spaghetti bodied
dolly
low quality
no texture on face
needing repaint

on hand:

perfect
hathaway mousey
sad faced (incredible)
high quality the materials are awesome.
skin texture on face
great hair
goggles easy to turn.

simply perfect

resealed04, did you make that glass (or is it acrylic?) box for her, or did you custom order it?

I need one exactly like that, but I just can't decided where to get it from.

Every quote I got for acrylic was over $200. :(

Had it made from the steel shop. It's glass with locks at each corner so that the box doesn't slip from the base. Got it at a little over $40. Might be switching to polycarbonate soon though, for safety purposes.

Finally got this thanks to Marko77, and am so glad I did. I also was not impressed with the initial pics (this thread alone convinced me I was wrong for passing on this), so thanks everyone here for posting all the great pics and of course thanks to Marko77 for giving me a deal I couldn't pass up! :wave

I got mine today

in pics:

no hathaway
cold faced
spaghetti bodied
dolly
low quality
no texture on face
needing repaint

on hand:

perfect
hathaway mousey
sad faced (incredible)
high quality the materials are awesome.
skin texture on face
great hair
goggles easy to turn.

simply perfect

:exactly:

Congrats and welcome to the club.:clap

Oh, and another thing worth noting... her suit is amazingly durable. I took her out of the box and off the Batpod this morning, to my demise, the points on the suit where it touches a corner on the Batpod had dents on them. I left it aside for less than a minute, and when I picked it up, viola, the dent was gone and no marks whatsoever were left on the texture of the suit. It went back to its original shape in less than a minute after sitting on the Batpod for almost two days now.

Of course, I'm not willing to test how much longer it can withstand being in contact with the Batpod... so I came up with a makeshift solution which I suggest others do. These foam pieces were from my Iron Man MkVII's back flaps. :D

ph6z.jpg

0kds.jpg

vx99.jpg

Her boobs look bigger- underlighting doing it?:rotfl

Great figure- the suit is one of the best things about her.....

Saying it from day 1, if not for the suit. Someone actually put the bw head on this body. Guess waht looks awesome, the ah head on the bw body not so good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back