1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you do your mods guyver?

You like it

It wasn't easy. Since I didn't have a Amber body to work with I had to improvise.

1. I first looked at the pics of the Amber body and realized the same body was used for the IM2 BW, just that the BW had a bigger butt. So I decided to try it out.

Not as easy as I thought. the BW's butt was way too huge and distorted so it looked strange on CW. So I took it apart, (didn't like the IM2 body anyway).

What I discovered is that the problem wasn't that the plastic under the rubber body around the butt was distorted, it was the actual rubber body that was weird, so I took advantage of the spare Avenger's Widow bodies I had.

1. First I took the upper rubber part of the torso from the IM2 widow, slides off easily when you detach the arms. and then I decided to use the lower rubber body of one of the my spare Avenger Widow bodies since it is identical to the CW rubber body, just the widow had those awful long foot pegs so I swapped out the legs on my spare CW, easy fix.

2. The problem is that the CW's butt is still to flat against the suit for some odd reason. So what I noticed is that the plastic mode used on the IM2 widow was slightly thicker, so I took a risk and unscrewed it from the IM body and attached it to the CW torso it fit over the CW's rubber lower body like a glove and beefed up the rear in the process.

3. Thought all I have to do now is put the upper rubber part of the IM widow over the CW body and I'm done because it has the bigger chest with nipples. Nope.

4. I wanted to make it easier by just using the upper plastic part with the rubber part of IM widow, Nope. Another issue.

The arms or shoulder joints of the CW don't fit the arm socket holes of the IM widow body, the holes are way too large, the arms either are too loose or they wouldn't stay on right.

I was about to give up when I decided to just go with the plastic upper torso of the Avenger's widow to fit the arms, to my surprise the IM widow rubber chest part fit over it with no problems, only problem is the neck is still too short. I unscrewed the upper body and took out the shorter neck post and replaced it with the longer IM widow neck post. Problem solved.

5. Finally, I hated how the IM upper chest part still didn't fit quite right against the Avenger's upper plastic chest area :thud: I had to shave off the protrusions on the IM chest part. Now it fits perfectly.

The head

I used the stock HS, but I detached the hair and used a custom hair from a custom Hathaway HS I had. The face on that custom was horrible :slap But the hair was perfect color and style to the film IMO.

So I cut it and restyled because it was a mess on the HT HS.

I know this sounds like a lot of work but here is the proof

My normal CW with the custom hair

My modded version with custom hair and enhancements

The mod still works with the mask on as well

I'm hoping when I get my custom repainted sculpt back, it will send this mod over the top. I can't wait.

Geez, you weren't kidding when you said it wasn't easy. So basically, regarding the body, you replaced the rubber "skin" on the Avengers BW body with the "skin" from the IM2 BW body? I'm having trouble understanding what you mean in step 2 with her butt. What "slightly thicker" "plastic mode" are you referring to on the IM2 BW body that you unscrewed? Anyways it looks like all that work paid off, she turned out great!

Geez, you weren't kidding when you said it wasn't easy. So basically, regarding the body, you replaced the rubber "skin" on the Avengers BW body with the "skin" from the IM2 BW body? I'm having trouble understanding what you mean in step 2 with her butt. What "slightly thicker" "plastic mode" are you referring to on the IM2 BW body that you unscrewed? Anyways it looks like all that work paid off, she turned out great!

:LOL it was a mouth full wasn't it.

What I meant was, underneath the IM2 widow's rubber lower region including the butt is greatly enhanced in the wrong way, it is way out of proportion even for Scar's body.:slap

Anyway what I discovered is the actual plastic part of the butt region is molded a little wider than the Avenger widow and CW's perhaps to compensate using the distorted rubber region. However the plastic butt piece is more proportionate to the body than the rubber piece.

What worked out by using that piece and swapping them out was it had a good molding on the sides which flared the hips out more just enough to become more shapely IMO. Made the butt more curvier as well.

Again, this figure looks fantastic with her hair down like that! Excellent work Guyver1! :hi5:

The style and color make a 100% difference my friend no matter how much I tried I couldn't get this look with the factory HT's hair no matter how much I tried..thank god for that ugly *** custom I had, simple ungluing and presto I got the hair I wanted. :yess:

Now I'm just waiting for my repaint sculpt to make it back into my hands. I'm itching to try it with this hair.:impatient:

Finally, I got her..

fquh.jpg

hgbk.jpg

The wait for this fig has been ridiculous. Now I have been told mid October by OSB. I am not blaming the UK supplier, well I am kind of.
Seriously considering buying figs direct from China/Hong Kong from now on. :mad:

The wait for this fig has been ridiculous. Now I have been told mid October by OSB. I am not blaming the UK supplier, well I am kind of.
Seriously considering buying figs direct from China/Hong Kong from now on. :mad:

Yeah that's what I do now. I order from either HK or Sideshow now. I only have one figure on pre order with a UK supplier and that's a second HT 1/4 Bats (the first is coming with SSC.)

Back