1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no problem with the goggles. People need to be more careful.

I take it you have not read any of the these threads in depth...

It is NOT about carelessness, ham-fistedness, or any other such nonsense. Check out the thread about them popping without being touched.

It is a serious design flaw. I had the mask slid down over her head. I rotated the goggles up out of the way and noticed the mask was not quite level on her eyes. I gently nudged the mask in the front down on one side and "pop" followed half a second later by the other "pop" and the goggles fell off onto the table.

The brittle side bars and the tiny rotation pins are under constant stress unless the goggles are down over her eyes (well, maybe even then). They are of rigid, brittle plastic while the rest of the mask is of soft pliable rubber to fit around her head... basic physics mixed with the materials used means constant stress, ie the popping of the joints even without being "man-handled".

Since I got mine direct from SSC, they are sending me a replacement which I will then have to destroy my already "destroyed" goggles with a hammer and send them pics. Great that I will have a replacement but since they are the same goggles with same design flaw, I will be afraid to do anything with them.

Anyone whose goggles break should demand a replacement from HT. Email them, its our responsibility to inform them when they screwed up. This is an obvious design flaw. Stand and be counted.:lecture

This is an example of Functionality VS Scale accuracy. I appreciate that HT always try to make things as legit and as genuine as possible. The way it behaves on screen, they're gonna try and get as close to that as they physically can. But you can't have something of such minute size, with moving parts and still maintain structural integrity. They should have given us swap out goggles, one up, one down. They did this perfectly with Mark 7 which has swap out parts including the entire arm.

Well if mine break on their own, I'm just gonna glue them. No point in wasting even more cash on another faulty pair on ebay. I'm never posing her goggles off or goggles down, cat ears all the way, so permanent fix for me.

:exactly: Same here.

I never planned on posing her with goggles down, so I see no reason to not do the very same thing if I find myself in a similar situation.

The only problem is if I ever wanted to sell her on, but I love the figure enough that I doubt I ever would.

:exactly: Same here.

I never planned on posing her with goggles down, so I see no reason to not do the very same thing if I find myself in a similar situation.

The only problem is if I ever wanted to sell her on, but I love the figure enough that I doubt I ever would.

If I can repair my original pair well enough for display, the replacement pair will be left in the box for just such an occasion.

Thank you for all the input on my very first attempt on eye repaint. Especially thanks for those who pointed out the difference between Iris and Pupil. :) Now I will never made that mistake again.

Anyhow, repainted it. Hope this time is better -

1097087_406687696118847_17811411_o.jpg

Thank you for all the input on my very first attempt on eye repaint. Especially thanks for those who pointed out the difference between Iris and Pupil. :) Now I will never made that mistake again.

Anyhow, repainted it. Hope this time is better -

1097087_406687696118847_17811411_o.jpg

Much better, but might still be a little too much iris.

you can risk it but it may not convert.....these kind of decisions are difficult...:slap

As long as you have Pile of Loot enabled, you can canx a fulfilled preorder up to 15 days after the item is received and held for you. If your Sideshow waitlist doesn't convert by the end of that window, keep the BBTS order or canx the BBTS order and get a full refund.

No need to decide now.

@Madnug

Man. Kindve ball-zy to do paint job yourself without ever having done it before and to do this on the original figure and not a spare or even those custom clones that are selling on eBay. Maybe even try photoshop preview first.

From a far it looks ok but it looks like damage is already done. Abduction alien eyes there...

Put the goggles on just fine, just slid them on over the head while they were attached. Not sure how so many people are breaking theirs? Perhaps try not being the hulk?

I just got her today!!!! woohoo!!! she's awesome!!!:)

the mask was tricky. I found it best to keep the mask buckled and slowly nudge it over her face, hair and head with the head popped off. Unbuckling the mask and trying to snap it back on over her head is like impossible :lol.

she doesnt come with much, but honestly, she doesn't need much. just the gun and the mask and she looks fantastic with everything!!!

Love the base. glad with the TDKR series of figures they made a different base for every figure thats unique to each character.

Great little details with her outfit, boots, mask and all.

Love it!!:)

I just got her today!!!! woohoo!!! she's awesome!!!:)

the mask was tricky. I found it best to keep the mask buckled and slowly nudge it over her face, hair and head with the head popped off. Unbuckling the mask and trying to snap it back on over her head is like impossible :lol.

she doesnt come with much, but honestly, she doesn't need much. just the gun and the mask and she looks fantastic with everything!!!

Love the base. glad with the TDKR series of figures they made a different base for every figure thats unique to each character.

Great little details with her outfit, boots, mask and all.

Love it!!:)

Grats man!
Indeed, with Hot toys being Hit or miss on a lot of figures lately, this was certainly a breath of relief when this came out much better than expected.
Such a cool looking figure.

I got mine in -- pretty happy with it. The goggles/mask wasn't a problem for me -- attempting to do it as the instructions tells you to doesn't seem possible though. I had to put the goggles over her face, then keep slightly nudging the strap over her head/hair until it was where I wanted it. The most frustrating part was holding the hair while I was nudging the strap down so that the strap would overlap them in a way that the hair would stay BEHIND the ears.

My main complaint is that the left leg had a wobbly joint... gently tried to move her ankle and... snap! Uggh, tried getting the broken piece out of the inside of the foot but I don't think its possible without damaging the boots/heels. Off ebay hunting I go.

Has anyone else had a lot of difficulty getting her on that damn Batpod correctly? I'm not sure if it's me or the Batpod. Cannot get her knees down towards the knee rest (instead of levitating far above it) with her feet on the pedals & her hands on the handlebars. Trying to fix one area screws another one up. I'm really hating the way the handle bars attach to the Batpod with those flimy *** rods that can only be inserted at a specific angle.

Back