1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to start rushing Sideshow (or whomever) with emails. This info needs to get back to Hot Toys, this many people in one thread indicates a sub-standard part. Like I mentioned, Hot Toys doesn't offer an after-sales warranty, but this is kind of ridiculous.

I posted that immediately upon getting mine last week and everyone jumped on me that it was my fault and that I have heavy hands.

As I stated then, it is a design flaw, flexible rubber mask with brittle plastic strips coming off and hard plastic goggles attached by two plastic pins the size of needle heads.

I emailed Sideshow immediately (I got it direct from them) but still no response, the automated return said it could take up to 7 days for a response... it has been about 6 so far...

The styling of this figure fascinates me like Black Widow but this one has more class. The suit texture is like a form of kevlar patterns. The leather detail is exquisite. The fact it's so minimal it brings so much style to it's minimalistic look. That and the fact all the different black details. The light catches everything so well on it as well as the silver heels. It's such a lovely contrasting figure with so much elegance.

I couldn't quite take to this character until the figure was in viewing distance. Though I'm glad I did order it. There's so much elegance about this figure.

I had no problems what so ever putting her mask on, my only issue was that it came missing a peice. the little round thing on the front side of her mask came missing. it does not really affect her apperance since the goggles are pulled back, but still.....i paid $200 for this and it came broke.....wtf lol. not a big deal though. i called CS and the man said he was gonna send me a replacement mask.

I posted that immediately upon getting mine last week and everyone jumped on me that it was my fault and that I have heavy hands.

As I stated then, it is a design flaw, flexible rubber mask with brittle plastic strips coming off and hard plastic goggles attached by two plastic pins the size of needle heads.

I emailed Sideshow immediately (I got it direct from them) but still no response, the automated return said it could take up to 7 days for a response... it has been about 6 so far...

You should call them for a faster response...

Sent from the Daily Planet using Tapatalk

The styling of this figure fascinates me like Black Widow but this one has more class. The suit texture is like a form of kevlar patterns. The leather detail is exquisite. The fact it's so minimal it brings so much style to it's minimalistic look. That and the fact all the different black details. The light catches everything so well on it as well as the silver heels. It's such a lovely contrasting figure with so much elegance.

I couldn't quite take to this character until the figure was in viewing distance. Though I'm glad I did order it. There's so much elegance about this figure.

Ditto :exactly::goodpost:

You should call them for a faster response...

Sent from the Daily Planet using Tapatalk

I just did, it went to an automated message box even though it is business hours... hopefully they get back to me soon.

I know it will end up with similar weakness problems with a replacement pair but I would feel better having a complete set of mask/goggles and never touching them then the broken ones I have now.

Wow, the breakage stories are taking the wind out of my sails. I was pumped to open this today and now I'm scared ****less

My advice is to not open the clasp on the back of the mask. As soon as you do it doesn't hold as well as it used to. Instead, wet a comb, comb her hair back and slide the mask over.

What happen to me was the clasp unfastened as I slide the mask over because it was so loose and it broke the thin plastic goggle arms from the goggle... hard to explain.

Just got the kitty. Damn those googles sure are fragile. Put them on by sliding it over her head and then realized I didn't flip the visor properly first. Had to take them off and flip the visor (which is the most fragile part of the entire figure!) to the correct position and do it all over again. This time it looks great.

I think the likeness is very good to Anne. I see her through and through. I know this is not the majority, but I can't see how people don't see AH in the sculpt :huh:

The thing that bothers me is the gloves. They are very loose and twist easily when posing. The wrist joints also are very fragile and loose.

Overall though, she is beautiful and a great addition. Glad to have her finally.

Just got the kitty. Damn those googles sure are fragile. Put them on by sliding it over her head and then realized I didn't flip the visor properly first. Had to take them off and flip the visor (which is the most fragile part of the entire figure!) to the correct position and do it all over again. This time it looks great.

I think the likeness is very good to Anne. I see her through and through. I know this is not the majority, but I can't see how people don't see AH in the sculpt :huh:

The thing that bothers me is the gloves. They are very loose and twist easily when posing. The wrist joints also are very fragile and loose.

Overall though, she is beautiful and a great addition. Glad to have her finally.
Cat's left boot is really loose and comes off easily. I read somewhere earlier that nail polish applied on the pegs helps to add friction so that its not so loose.

:clap Yay! I didn't break the goggles.

9451975951_8b27825a33_h.jpg

9451973199_63a61ec0a5_h.jpg

9451976249_d3f276a298_h.jpg

9451971411_4189199bd3_h.jpg

Back