1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6110.jpg

Geez. I wanted this figure too! But after reading everything about the mask, I'm deciding on passing now. I think such a fragile piece would really frustrate me! The figure looks great but I'll save myself some money and needless stress! :gah:

for such a dinky little mask it sure does need a lot of force to rotate the goggles

Last edited:
I have been lurking this topic for about a year, and finally received my Hot Toys Selina today.

Although it has been touched upon a number of occasions in this topic, I cannot STRESS how fragile the mask/goggles combo is! I literally took it out of the packaging, slicked Selina's hair, attempted to fasten the back of the goggles around her head, which I realized was basically impossible. Instead I slid the fastened goggles over her head... all was good. However, I decided to take them off and slick her hair down again. When I went to put them back on the back fasten kept popping open. Third attempt to put the mask on, they broke. I can't stress how gingerly I was attempting to put on the mask; I literally had just read how fragile it is prior to the delivery coming...

Ugh. Annoyed. First Hot Toys figure... broke it in like... 5 minutes flat.

I have been lurking this topic for about a year, and finally received my Hot Toys Selina today.

Although it has been touched upon a number of occasions in this topic, I cannot STRESS how fragile the mask/goggles combo is! I literally took it out of the packaging, slicked Selina's hair, attempted to fasten the back of the goggles around her head, which I realized was basically impossible. Instead I slid the fastened goggles over her head... all was good. However, I decided to take them off and slick her hair down again. When I went to put them back on the back fasten kept popping open. Third attempt to put the mask on, they broke. I can't stress how gingerly I was attempting to put on the mask; I literally had just read how fragile it is prior to the delivery coming...

Ugh. Annoyed. First Hot Toys figure... broke it in like... 5 minutes flat.

Sorry to hear that man. Especially since it was your first Hot Toy. They're not all like this though. There are some good figures with little to no QC issues.

Does anyone know if there's a way to contact Hot Toys about this? Or if the retailers will offer a replacement?

Does anyone know if there's a way to contact Hot Toys about this? Or if the retailers will offer a replacement?

It would be amazing if they would offer replacements. But I would want them to try to fix the incredibly flimsy connection used to connect the mask's arms to the goggles.

With all the stories about the goggles I'm glad I still don't have this figure , it's on pre-order but by the time I get it maybe all the kinks about this figure have been found and I won't make a mistake posing her or messing with the goggles, sorry for the guys that broke the mask or goggles, it really sucks, I hope Hot Toys do something about it :pray:

With all the stories about the goggles I'm glad I still don't have this figure , it's on pre-order but by the time I get it maybe all the kinks about this figure have been found and I won't make a mistake posing her or messing with the goggles, sorry for the guys that broke the mask or goggles, it really sucks, I hope Hot Toys do something about it :pray:

I just emailed them about it. We'll see if they respond.

I've written to Hot Toys twice in the past and have never receive any kind of reply. The policy outlined on their web site is that you should follow up with the store where you've purchased the product. They don't offer warranty on these things and any damage found when the box is first opened should also be reported to the store to be dealt with.

Given all the materials experience that other toy (and other) companies have accrued over the past 50 year, let alone how well documented material interactions are today, some of the poor choices HT makes are inexcusable and really shows their inexperience. I love their products as a whole, but they're very weak in production and quality control and it's why I have no doubts they will be surpassed in quality sooner rather than later by others in the industry. They've already been surpassed in terms of value for dollar by Sideshow among others.

I just emailed them about it. We'll see if they respond.

I think they should do it, it happens to car manufacturers, clothing, car seats, toys, food, etc. that's the right way of doing business, keeping the customer satisfied, and in this case sending a new and improved set of mask and goggles should be the answer, its doesn't make sense to just send you another mask that's going to break, they are obviously defective or the design is flawed.

Back