1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks! :gah:

But I can always try to lower the dress and use the BabyDoll's black fishnets on the CW ht body.

It's what I did with my Widow interrogation custom if I have too. :lecture

Hey ttp , is this set worth the money staining aside?

Well the staining has kinda ruined the fun for now as my phicen body was mint with zero stains before the stockings...:gah:
Honestly I think the set is tad too high for what it is, but if you are into Selina Kyle and like doing custom figures, the set is worth having.

Man that sucks... Before I opened mine last Thursday, I went online to just read about it. I'm glad I read someone's experience about breaking the mask/goggles on theirs so I was extra extra careful with every inch of her body.

I've taken her apart several times now but I'm glad nothing catastrophic has happened - (no.. I'm not gonna append the word "yet" here...)

Seeing how delicate this is, any possibility HT will make this one part available?
Also where are you guys finding replacement on Ebay... did a search and the only thing that turns up are some custom masks (no goggles).

Last edited:
But see, water will help with that too. It will give it added weight, allowing you to futz it and her. Once everything is in place, put the finishing touches on the hair position, then let it dry in place.

That's what I plan to do anyway.

Pardon my ignorance, which is a better way of applying / spraying water to the hair, with the head attached to the body or detached?

Thanks.

Well the staining has kinda ruined the fun for now as my phicen body was mint with zero stains before the stockings...:gah:
Honestly I think the set is tad too high for what it is, but if you are into Selina Kyle and like doing custom figures, the set is worth having.

Well I'm not into maids or the whole prison jump suit motif, but I like that black dress with stockings look because I can do a custom BW interrogation idea with it so I guess I should get it.

Man that sucks... Before I opened mine last Thursday, I went online to just read about it. I'm glad I read someone's experience about breaking the mask/goggles on theirs so I was extra extra careful with every inch of her body.

I've taken her apart several times now but I'm glad nothing catastrophic has happened - (no.. I'm not gonna append the word "yet" here...)

Seeing how delicate this is, any possibility HT will make this one part available?
Also where are you guys finding replacement on Ebay... did a search and the only thing that turns up are some custom masks (no goggles).

I only saw one... which I bought. I'm sure more will turn up.

FYI, most auctions selling the masks on ebay are only for the masks, no goggles included so if people want to get a new mask because the goggles broke, you might be screwed, because all I've seen are masks without the goggles being for sale. :slap

Yeah, that seems to be the best method. No way to get it to clasp while trying to keep the hair down.

If the hair is pretty wet you can tighten it to the back of her head and out of the way of the clasp, at least that's what's worked for me. Dragging the mask overthe face is pretty risky IMO.

Just broke my mask. :slap :lol
Noooooooooo!

FYI, most auctions selling the masks on ebay are only for the masks, no goggles included so if people want to get a new mask because the goggles broke, you might be screwed, because all I've seen are masks without the goggles being for sale. :slap

I was afraid of that... I'd imagine if and when the genuine article goes up, it will sell for mad crazy expensive. Damn, I don't know what I got myself into. Now I gotta figure out ways to protect my figure - from earthquakes to little kids. And I thought resin figures were bad -lol. Man, if I had known about this earlier I would have bought TWO Selina Kyles. Hmm.. any chance we may see a re-release or perhaps an improved DX version? I mean considering the Dark Knight movies are now over...

9448629878_2e8bc920de_b.jpg

UHMAZING. :O

Still no news on mine. All this waiting plus all the wonderful pics from everyone are killing me! :gah: If she doesn't arrive by the end of the week, I'm bursting into my middleman's shop and... I don't know... cry. xD

Last edited:
It's really too bad that Hot Toys doesn't offer any kind of warranty on their products. Makes it kind of important to buy from a reputable dealer for cases of shipping or directly-out of box damage. Not sure if even Sideshow will do anything about broken mask however.

Ugh. Broke my mask as well. Thought I was being insanely gentle but one of the pins that attaches the goggles just popped. It didn't seem like it was put together well to begin with. I found one on eBay but it was gone quickly. It was like $65 too. :slap

Two things:

1: There is gonna be a massive ebay rush for these.
2: I'm never ****ing taking my one off again.

Same here. It looks good the way it is and I'm not moving it at all anytime soon.

:exactly:

set it and forget it :lecture

Mine arrives today! :blissy

Ugh. Broke my mask as well. Thought I was being insanely gentle but one of the pins that attaches the goggles just popped. It didn't seem like it was put together well to begin with. I found one on eBay but it was gone quickly. It was like $65 too. :slap

I'm going to do my damnedest not to end up in the broken goggles club if I can help it.

Seriously nervous about it more than ever now.

:(:horror:panic:

Back