1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is the purpose of the white leotard / undergarment ? It seems like she looks better without it so why was it added in the first place?

Thanks to guyver1 and his tips on taking the character apart, I was able to take mine off. I tried it couple of different ways - on and off, half way rolled down to the wasteline. I'm not sure exactly why its there but I did notice without it, there tends to be some air gap pockets between the figure and the tight suit, especially around the hip. I can only speculate that its there for cushioning also there's less friction when moving the body around (the tight suit is kind've rubbery so it sort've "grips" onto the base figure).

2jeprma.jpg

The only other reason I can think of is out of censorship as a premeasure for general masses in case someone complains that it's too naughty when unzipping her top.

Right now I have mine off, but I may go back to putting it on. Guyver1 had said it improves flexibility with it off, but I haven't really notice that much in any changes in flexibility with it off. For me, the outer suit is still the limiting factor in terms of motion range.

Also another thing I noticed, since the suit is sooo tight, it shows all the details the indented circular marks like on her thighs which I presume are screw caps/covers. It's that tight. Having it half way doesn't help either because you end up bunching the clothing at the wasteline and it shows. Tucking it in the socket (as oppose to how I have it shown in the photo above) doesn't really help either. I'll have to do some more comparison tests, but I haven't noticed having it either on or off if it improves to have a more "rounded bottom" or not.

I guess you can cut it to shape it but I don't want to do that. If I dont see any real problems with it, I may just put it back on to lessen the friction and simply so I don't lose it.

So had some time after work last night and took some additional photos before I was too tired went to bed... anyways for now, here they are:

jkimx0.jpg

Again, no need to debate the point here but she looks like Anne Hathawy and then sometimes she doesn't.

1110zf5.jpg

She looks like a "barbie doll" another words like a doll/toy (well definitely underneath the clothing anyways - lol) and then from another angle, she doesn't. It all depends on the pose, lighting and angle you view it from. In all practical sense, like any of these HT figures, that's what she is in reality, a doll.

2gxjiis.jpg

But to make a doll look this good, that's what sets this apart...

3485yle.jpg

I've tried many ways to emulate the pre-production promotional photos and I just can't get the face to look 100% accurate. I don't know the whole history on what went down at HT from conception to final product, but based on the difference, they made some modifications on the head (probably to support the removable mask). In some ways, I kind've felt "cheated" but then again, if the mask wasn't removable I probably would felt or wished it would have.

20uxwkz.jpg

25740bc.jpg

I'm happy with the figure overall and can't complain, this being my first HT figure. I collect other figures but most of those have a fix pose so you're kind've limited with what you can do in terms of photography.

5n9c12.jpg

11rdqqb.jpg

2zhio3d.jpg

vn0302.jpg

(continue..)

Thanks to guyver1 and his tips on taking the character apart, I was able to take mine off. I tried it couple of different ways - on and off, half way rolled down to the wasteline. I'm not sure exactly why its there but I did notice without it, there tends to be some air gap pockets between the figure and the tight suit, especially around the hip. I can only speculate that its there for cushioning also there's less friction when moving the body around (the tight suit is kind've rubbery so it sort've "grips" onto the base figure).

2jeprma.jpg

The only other reason I can think of is out of censorship as a premeasure for general masses in case someone complains that it's too naughty when unzipping her top.

Right now I have mine off, but I may go back to putting it on. Guyver1 had said it improves flexibility with it off, but I haven't really notice that much in any changes in flexibility with it off. For me, the outer suit is still the limiting factor in terms of motion range.

Also another thing I noticed, since the suit is sooo tight, it shows all the details the indented circular marks like on her thighs which I presume are screw caps/covers. It's that tight. Having it half way doesn't help either because you end up bunching the clothing at the wasteline and it shows. Tucking it in the socket (as oppose to how I have it shown in the photo above) doesn't really help either. I'll have to do some more comparison tests, but I haven't noticed having it either on or off if it improves to have a more "rounded bottom" or not.

I guess you can cut it to shape it but I don't want to do that. If I dont see any real problems with it, I may just put it back on to lessen the friction and simply so I don't lose it.

Interesting Skytoast, that you've haven't noticed the difference maybe I might put mine back on with some adjustments. :lol

As for the doing it half way although that was a good idea, I could've told you that never works for the tight leather suit for the reasons you've stated.

What did you do your legs? I know you can detach those that way, but that is one way I try to avoid, because you can break something that way.

It's kind've fresh and liberating to be able to pose your figure and still look good - which goes to say how great HT makes their figures without looking too much like a toy.

15oi4no.jpg

nlefj6.jpg

30jntbc.jpg

iy0xus.jpg

Also in case any of you guys missed my previous photo posts

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5945627&postcount=7643

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5945977&postcount=7655

Definitely not a simple barbie doll in my book....

Great shots. Man, I need some good backdrops like that and better lighting! :gah:

Sexy poses too! :clap

Well I just removed the legs that way as well as it's easier for me to disassemble her and put her together that way and insert the legs later. Don't worry I've been pretty gentle with her but I know your concern since the peg/ball joints on her body can break if you're not careful.

I guess the big problem for me is trying to get that suit to adhere to her hip area. How did you manage to get her in the pose kneeling down like in the promo photos? I was able to do this but not very well. I have to sort've pull up on the suit at the thighs so that she could flex (and stay in that position) otherwise I can't get her legs/thighs bent all the way.

Well I just removed the legs that way as well as it's easier for me to disassemble her and put her together that way and insert the legs later. Don't worry I've been pretty gentle with her but I know your concern since the peg/ball joints on her body can break if you're not careful.

I guess the big problem for me is trying to get that suit to adhere to her hip area. How did you manage to get her in the pose kneeling down like in the promo photos? I was able to do this but not very well. I have to sort've pull up on the suit at the thighs so that she could flex (and stay in that position) otherwise I can't get her legs/thighs bent all the way.

Are you referring to this shot

@guyver1 - yes I was referring to that shot.

Oh by the way, I'm not using some kind of backdrop - lol. It's my simple hobby desk/bench against my wall which I took these shots on using a 7 year old DSLR, a Canon XTi/400d. I used only the cheap kit lens and cheap F1.8 50mm lens (really want a expensive macro someday). The rest is just adjusting proper white balance, lighting (just some desk lamps), proper depth of focus all that fiddling you do with photography...

@Privyet - I thought about that but I think it'll make it worse. Cutting it would leave a loose end and it would probably show through.

what if you cut off a piece of the white suit from her neck to under her boobs and left the girdle on

Could work, but maybe it's just my leotard or undergarment, but it just kept getting in the way of the leg articulation, so that's why I ditched it :dunno

@guyver1 - yes I was referring to that shot.

Oh by the way, I'm not using some kind of backdrop - lol. It's my simple hobby desk/bench against my wall which I took these shots on using a 7 year old DSLR, a Canon XTi/400d. I used only the cheap kit lens and cheap F1.8 50mm lens (really want a expensive macro someday). The rest is just adjusting proper white balance, lighting (just some desk lamps), proper depth of focus all that fiddling you do with photography...

@Privyet - I thought about that but I think it'll make it worse. Cutting it would leave a loose end and it would probably show through.

Ahh I see, Yeah that's the problem I don't have a DLSR camera, just a point and shoot. :slap

Well that pose was achieved after I took the white suit off. IMO It was easier for me to raise the knee much higher to that position.. Maybe I might put it back on, let me ask you something, when you put it back on did you have the issue of the panties or butt creases, because I've noticed I don't see it too much anymore with mine having removed the white suit.

@guyver1

I need to do more comparison tests as I mentioned. I'm not quite sure. Everyone's seems to want the perfect "rounded bottom" like in the movies, especially when posing her on the bike. But the real problem seems to be a limitation at the joints for the hip socket and the thighs because the thighs actually have a portion of her butt on them. So it's not really possible to have a perfect round bottom.

I guess if you really wanted to (for sake of photography at least) you could slip something in there so it doesn't appear like there's a separation. But for general purposes, that wouldn't be practical.

@deathbyexile lol

3485yle.jpg

Here her you almost get the proto, I think we have been tricked by photoshop since the fist time the proto appeared, in your picture the figure is the same but in those prot pics there is ( I think ) photoshop to take shadows from around the eyes away, is like setting an ophtalmologist lamp on the eyes so they are lit, continue taking pictures youll be able to demonstrate the final product is the same as the proto.:exactly:

WATCH IT BEFORE COPYRIGHT TAKES IT DOWN Idk why it keeps the black widow pic on there

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lar2E0mInK4[/ame]

@alekthor

I'll keep trying. There are some subtle differences though I noticed. Like portions around her lips which seem to have more fleshy details in the promotional pics. And then there's the shape of her head but I noticed a lot of it on the final product depends on very subtle changes you do to the hair (if its pulled back, rounded, hanging out, or kinded brushed to sides, squared off, "cap-head", etc) along with how you place that face mask on her. I noticed with the face mask, you can achieve slightly different looks by adjusting its angle. On the promotional pics, I noticed her eyes/mask have this very cat-like V-shape to them.

I'm guessing they could've use Photoshop or they could've had better paint/makeup on the prototype. In anycase, I still love the figure. And the eyes, I am loving the eyes on these HT toys. The small details, like the pink area and nerves on the eyeball/pupil area and that glassy reflection from any angle is mesmerizing. I can only imagine how much better DX models are with adjustable eyes.

It's kind've fresh and liberating to be able to pose your figure and still look good - which goes to say how great HT makes their figures without looking too much like a toy.

15oi4no.jpg

nlefj6.jpg

30jntbc.jpg

iy0xus.jpg

Also in case any of you guys missed my previous photo posts

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5945627&postcount=7643

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5945977&postcount=7655

Definitely not a simple barbie doll in my book....

Hey did you do these pics with or without the white undergarment on

Back