1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

And here you state the the face HAS BEEN recast, which indicates fact.

I've edited the original reply to make the sentence clearer just in case someone else reads it the same way later - I kept the original in there as well and provided some quotes from previous messages.

It's why I suggested the compound might have been problematic. The "but that" links the two parts of the sentence and it's what keeps it from being two completely unique sentences expressing two distinctly different things. We're SPECULATING it HAS BEEN (recast). Mainly because the similarities are insanely striking and far too accurate to simply be inspired by (looking at HT sculpt or photos of it), let alone purely coincidental. There's simply no way that two independent sculptors look at photos of Anne Hathaway and come out with two sculpts that have precisely those details in common.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

**** this isn't English class! haha.
Hot Toys has never released removable scalps(unless its for pers). Only the knock offs do that and sometimes they don't fit right.
But it could be new with the Selina head. HT is a quiet little ho so we never know whats going on with them.

It would definitely be nice to have PERS (done well) on this figure because of its ability to be placed on the Batpod, but I can't see that being in the cards as a last-minute decision, especially since the feature seems to be reserved for DX releases only.

We may never know the origins of that sculpt. Here's another possibility based on the recent enlightening comments from guyver1:

The photos could be of a cut-up/hacked up stolen/leaked real Hot Toys sculpt that is being used as the source for a custom product, with or without some additional customization and/or custom elements. It may be distinctly different than the finished product that any buyers will receive after purchase. In other words, not a recast in the photos and the shipped product may not be a recast either, but may also not look anything like what you're looking at now.

Last edited:

394035_366739773410175_1717581810_n.jpg

Kumik has this one of Hathaway also, they are totally different sculpts

**** this isn't English class! haha.
Hot Toys has never released removable scalps(unless its for pers). Only the knock offs do that and sometimes they don't fit right.
But it could be new with the Selina head. HT is a quiet little ho so we never know whats going on with them.

Who said it will be removable on HT? But all implanted hair sculpts are removable, but glued.

I just do not see why it can not be a recast, time will reveal the truth, anyway.

I think you're skipping over some messages which is leading to confusion. From their replies, I believe privyet agrees with you in thinking this eBay head is a knock-off.

However, what's seen in the pictures may not even be a recast yet. It could very well be a real Hot Toys head taken apart prior to recasting. This is based on guyver1's comments that heads in hand from that seller are often not the same as what's shown in their photos.

Whatever the case, that definitely looks suspiciously like Hot Toys' original work that's being shown.

hell yeah that's a knock off
it might be the same mold but its not HT quality

IMO, that looks bloody great! It's off topic, but what adjustments did you make to the sculpt?

Well it looks identical to mine except he painted the lips pink. Added a bit of lippy! Looks good though Guyver.

The headplay sculpt is very good recast of the HT head, nothing more. But it is very good quality.

I think you're skipping over some messages which is leading to confusion. From their replies, I believe privyet agrees with you in thinking this eBay head is a knock-off.

However, what's seen in the pictures may not even be a recast yet. It could very well be a real Hot Toys head taken apart prior to recasting. This is based on guyver1's comments that heads in hand from that seller are often not the same as what's shown in their photos.

Whatever the case, that definitely looks suspiciously like Hot Toys' original work that's being shown.

It's worth noting too that the head is listed as a preorder on headplays eBay store. So if HT's makes any last minute changes headplay will have time to adapt. The release date is TBD by Hot Toys of course. On a side note, why the **** do they have a 1/6 Avril Lavigne head?

Fingers crossed for this week. They should be announcing their ComicCon/Toyfair exclusive soon too.

Hello folks, long time lurker but thought I'd chip in. I was in the same boat pre ordering this from Modelzone, I didn't want to miss out on her so pre ordered with the good the bad and the robots. Their price was only £8 more than modelzone so definitely worth the extra to guarantee getting her.

Back