1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Probably receivership, bankruptcy protection, etc...

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Do you think they may fill those orders to help pay their obligations? Or do you think someone else just picks up their quota of pre orders?

I assume the latter, if it's something like what was mentioned.

HT would end up with extra stock, but we have no idea how, when, our where it would show up. It may be months after the initial shipments too.

I read that Modelzone are using the same administrators that HMV used and all there pre orders were cancelled.

Had this figure on pre order from Modelzone. Just found out they've went into administration so guess i won't be getting it.

No way, that sucks. I've just recently discovered them last year but they were great. A real shame.

I hate the wait

The wait will soon be over, it seems. With Hulk out now, they can get onto the next round of ridiculously delayed figures.

BRING IT, HT!! BRING IT!! :panic::panic:

..& with the added bonus of a PHICEN Hathaway sculpt thrown in for long suffering HT devotees. :lecture

phicen
541-811-thickbox.jpg

Hot toys collectors removed the catwoman head from their facebook

I was more worried about the paint on the head rather than the sculpt

Again, I thought it was pretty obvious it was Hot Toys. No one else produces a similar sculpt, nor one of that style, of any character. Phicen and Kumik are done with a completely different process and it shows clearly.

You don't see people complain that the next iPhone (or whatever) is ugly/terrible when images of single pre-production parts show up in spy and leak shots. Not sure why there's so much overreacting with that head sculpt.

The only ugly thing about an iphone is a cracked screen. And game center.
That head was ugly. Her nose was smushed and the paint sucked. I can live with the sculpt cause ill leave the mask on but that paint got me scared

Again, I thought it was pretty obvious it was Hot Toys. No one else produces a similar sculpt, nor one of that style, of any character. Phicen and Kumik are done with a completely different process and it shows clearly.
I was having a laugh, more than anything - of course you can tell the difference between those companies.

As far as other heads surfacing, there were knock off HT XMO:W Wolverine heads / figures getting around not too long ago. Sure the timing of said pieces surfacing might be different with CW & Logan, but as I'm sure you're aware.. it happens.

Anyway, I'm not really concerned. We all have the option to either buy - or not. :)

I have no source for this, just my gut feeling from reading all these different dates from Taiwan, Japan, Singapore & Hong Kong...

I would say pay attention to the week of 7/8 & 7/15 in Hong Kong...

Back