1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Here we go again

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

The Luke palava went on for days and there was many utterly convinced folks that it was the final prodcut. But it wasn't!

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but those last two Luke images are of the exact same sculpt. People may not like the first photo due to lighting and paint app, but the sculpt is the same - if not exactly the same, differences are so minor as to be barely perceptible. Unlike the Selina Kyle images we're seeing here, where none of the differences are due to lighting nor bad photography. I think with the same better paint app treatment that Like received however, people will be pleased with the results. It will be different than the original proto images, but could be a better likeness.

My pre-order isn't getting canceled, because I know Hot Toys aren't going to ship a product that doesn't look like it has no paint application nor facial texture. The final results of completed paint work on the new sculpt remains to be seen, but it will most definitely (no question) look better than the photo examples recently posted.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but those last two Luke images are of the exact same sculpt. People may not like the first photo due to lighting and paint app, but the sculpt is the same - if not exactly the same, differences are so minor as to be barely perceptible. Unlike the Selina Kyle images we're seeing here, where none of the differences are due to lighting nor bad photography. I think with the same better paint app treatment that Like received however, people will be pleased with the results. It will be different than the original proto images, but could be a better likeness.

My pre-order isn't getting canceled, because I know Hot Toys aren't going to ship a product that doesn't look like it has no paint application nor facial texture. The final results of completed paint work on the new sculpt remains to be seen, but it will most definitely (no question) look better than the photo examples recently posted.

It is bizarre I will grant you that but I still think something is a miss here.

Hot Toys always improve on the proto and never, at least in my experience put out something that is less than the proto.

Marcus Wright, Blade, Superman, DX T2 and Bane were all improved. I cannot think of an example that went the other way!

I say this is a very old version of the head sculpt we are seeing in those photos.

It's entirely possible, but I'm not sure why HT would send out such an early sample if that's the case. My bet is still on sculpt refinements but lacking final paint. And it's the paint that is most affected by poor lighting and making it look more doll-like. I loved the proto images and I think that sculpt looks great, but it has a number of issues when compared to Hathaway in the movie - maybe HT is trying to address those, plus make the mask removable as rumored.

And for those examples you've given I'll give you Alice from Resident Evil. ;)

Last edited:

I thought the proto was perfect and that's why I Po'd it last year it looked like a mini Anne. new pictures look like a doll.

All the recent releases, Black Widow, Bane, Joker DX11, etc... came out to be great, I have a strong affirmation HT will bring out a great figure. I highly doubt the final stage will look like those pics.

The position of the eyes and the way the mask fits looks very toy-like. I didn't want a removable mask if it messed with the final appearance. It looks like that might be the case.

We shall wait and see.

I'm sure it will be fine, there is no point in getting all worked up over photos like this.

If I were buying this figure I would hope the eye position would revert back to the way it is on the proto. Don't make her look like a cave-woman Hot Toys.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAx-NP4T9CY[/ame]

you gotta love these boards...here it is in a nutshell:

1. Said license announced
2. crazy excitement ensues
3. Proto is revealed
4. excitement for about 4 pages
5. nitpicking begins with complimentary PS'd arrows
6. bad pic from toy sapiens arrives, 50% chance of more bashing
7. OMG/Luka/Vodun pics arrive excitement ramps up
8. figure arrives in hand and is best HT ever...with a few minor gripes i.e. Bane, Black Widowand too many more to name.

3. Proto is revealed
8. figure arrives in hand and is best HT ever...with a few minor gripes i.e. Bane, Black Widowand too many more to name.

I've only been here a short time and I already figured out just to trust the end product. I can't imagine how long this endless cycle has been going on and everyone acts like it's the first time.

But if we didn't do this....there would only be 10 pages to a thread......and the thought of that makes me saaad:dunno

Pretty much. Same bull**** that happens with every other release.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

3. Proto is revealed

I've only been here a short time and I already figured out just to trust the end product. I can't imagine how long this endless cycle has been going on and everyone acts like it's the first time.

:exactly::goodpost::lol

3. Proto is revealed

That's what I love about these boards.Everyone coming together to complain...reminds me of home!:pfft:

3. Proto is revealed

:goodpost::clap:exactly::goodpost::clap:exactly:

Can I copy this and make it my signature?

Give me a break one of my only pleasures in my sad bitter and perthetic life is to have a gods moan. :banghead:Flush

3. Proto is revealed

I never go by the first in hand pics we see, because the lighting could be off or photographer might not have the best camera, or the pose might be off.

My proof has always been my own eyes and what the figure looks like in hand as soon as I take it out of the box. Especially with HT's and since the Spider-man Movie HT's I've been very pleased with HT's. :lecture

Back