1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

I never go by the first in hand pics we see, because the lighting could be off or photographer might not have the best camera, or the pose might be off.

Ok, you guys realize that it's not the lighting nor photo quality here, the sculpt is completely different than the one used in the promo/press shots.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Let me offer a slightly different perspective. I did not like the Nolanverse characters and the way HT has handled them (DX02 & DX12 are to me disappointing). However, it wasn't until I have the AVG Black Widow in my hands that I realized how far female figures have improved! (I still have my IM2 BW) The realization hit me that with the Catwoman outfit being even more detailed that BW's, this figure is bound to be even better than BW! I don't think the face mask was properly set in either the recent pictures at Toy Sapien or at the ones last yr where she was riding the Batpod. If the mask is indeed removable, it would be really cool and a big plus. I am really glad that I got the batpod for her and this figure is going to be good, real good.

This looks like a perfect example of “IF IT AIN’T BROKE, DON’T FIX IT”, the pictures of the prototype were perfect, whatever this thing is that Lucyfer took pictures of looks so bad I could find something better looking at Wal-Mart or Toysrus.

you gotta love these boards...here it is in a nutshell:

1. Said license announced
2. crazy excitement ensues
3. Proto is revealed
4. excitement for about 4 pages
5. nitpicking begins with complimentary PS'd arrows
6. bad pic from toy sapiens arrives, 50% chance of more bashing
7. OMG/Luka/Vodun pics arrive excitement ramps up
8. figure arrives in hand and is best HT ever...with a few minor gripes i.e. Bane, Black Widowand too many more to name.

:clap:lol

I've been here a very short time and that pattern seems to be 100% true.

forgot:

6a. someone posts the list of how this is the predictable reaction and everyone should just chill out until official pics arrive.​

: D

I feel like a broken record. This isn't about a bad pic. No one has an issue with bad photography. This is a new sculpt. I'm reserving final judgement until final paint app and better in-hand photos, but that doesn't change the fact that this sculpt is not the one used in the promos.

This is *not* what happened with Luke. This is not what happened with Black Widow, DX12 Batman, or the others mentioned. This *DID* happen with Resident Evil's Alice where the final scalp most certainly did not look as much like Mila as the original promos, although it was still a nice sculpt.

you gotta love these boards...here it is in a nutshell:

More like this:

Endless wait for proto ensues, maybe its canceled?
It is
Its not
It is
Its not
It is

3. Proto is revealed
6. one bad pic from toy sapiens arrives, everyone panic!

Guys, its just the light reflecting off the glass; polarity of the sun
Nope they ruined it, Im about to cancel !
SELLING ENTIRE COLLECTION!

Endless wait for release ensues, maybe its canceled?
It is
Its not
It is
Its not
It is

Released!

8. figure arrives in hand and is best HT ever...with a few minor gripes i.e. Bane, Black Widowand too many more to name.
9 Begin the Modifications !
10 Oh No why did I cancel ?! its sold out everywhere!

Endless wait for 2.0 ensues
They're not making 2.0, theres no more movies!
They will
They won't
They will
They won't
They will
They won't
2.0 announced !
Endless wait for proto, maybe its canceled?

More like this:

It is
Its not
It is
Its not
It is

3. Proto is revealed

It is
Its not
It is
Its not
It is

Released!

They will
They won't
They will
They won't
They will
They won't
2.0 announced !

I LOL'ed for 5 whole minutes! :lol :lol :lol :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

More like this:

It is
Its not
It is
Its not
It is

3. Proto is revealed

It is
Its not
It is
Its not
It is

Released!

They will
They won't
They will
They won't
They will
They won't
2.0 announced !

Awesome :hi5::rotfl

This isn't another DX Luke Skywalker situation is it?

Remember all the palava over the first pics of that figure and it looked nothing like it in the final in hand version?!

Short memories I guess?!

It did look like the in hand figure IMO. Just everyone got into the mass hysteria about how good it was because they had already spent $300 on it.

Luke is the best Star Wars human character we have gotten (not hard), it's still quite a poor HT release though, IMO.

this looks to have taken a nose dive from "must buy" to wait and see some better pics, no doubt these are crap pics, but look at the hair, the printing of the teflon area? the lips, good pic or bad pic those things look poor.

:dunno

First early crappy shots of luke
283547_285192521592160_1478995361_n.jpg

What we got inhand
HTLuke10.jpg

Calm down people im sure once the pro photos are up when she is released she will be fine, im even considering picking her up and im not big on collecting female figures

* Very Bad pic and very good pic of the same mediocre head sculpt. Reality lies somewhere between the two.

It is bizarre I will grant you that but I still think something is a miss here.

Hot Toys always improve on the proto and never, at least in my experience put out something that is less than the proto.

Marcus Wright, Blade, Superman, DX T2 and Bane were all improved. I cannot think of an example that went the other way!

I say this is a very old version of the head sculpt we are seeing in those photos.

* Indiana Jones?
The proto stank, the production model was a travesty.

The Luke palava went on for days and there was many utterly convinced folks that it was the final product. But it wasn't!

* It was. :dunno I have two of them and they look exactly like that in similar lighting.

I'm sure when we see better pictures of old cat arse, then the HT fanboys will come on board and say, "see we told you so, it's always the same panic over badly lit photographs".

When the reality is, they are better pictures, it doesn't look as bad, but the actual sculpt is still actually not anyway as good as the proto or as good as a $200+ figure should be. :rolleyes2

Take Loki for example, he looked great in even the ****tiest pics we saw, this looks very poor. Fingers crossed the fanboys are correct.

Last edited:

forgot:

6a. someone posts the list of how this is the predictable reaction and everyone should just chill out until official pics arrive.​

: D

Lol, you are correct sir, good catch :lol

More like this:

It is
Its not
It is
Its not
It is

3. Proto is revealed

It is
Its not
It is
Its not
It is

Released!

They will
They won't
They will
They won't
They will
They won't
2.0 announced !

:exactly: :lecture :rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

OMG, this is all so stupid.

It may be that Hot Toys gave these guys an early prototype for their temporary display and that it is not indicative of the work that has been done since. However, I don't think that's the case. I believe the sculpt has been changed and what we're seeing is the final sculpt of both head and mask.

You have no actual reason to think this, even if you write it in bold, or italics!!! (or both bold AND italics!)

More like this:

It is
Its not
It is
Its not
It is

3. Proto is revealed
7.HT fanboys arrive on the scene and tell everyone they are wrong, that the sculpt is just as good as the proto (which was hand painted by an artist and not mass produced!)
then reference the DX Luke controversy as if it was a precedent case for not trusting first pics. It wasn't, they were bad pics, but still pics of the actual release version.
Everyone was so relieved they hadn't spent $300 on a piece of **** that they are no unable to objectively view the figure or fear to comment on any subsequent preview pics for fear of retribution.
8.Rory gets jumped on for not joining the HT bandwagon.

It is
Its not
It is
Its not
It is

Released!

They will
They won't
They will
They won't
They will
They won't
2.0 announced !

Fixed it.
:lol

OMG, this is all so stupid.

You have no actual reason to think this, even if you write it in bold, or italics!!! (or both bold AND italics!)

No, it's not, it's really funny.

The bold is so people can see the most relevant parts of the text easily. The reasons to think this, are that it's on display in a flagship store and was placed there this past weekend. Does it make any sense to put some old sculpt there instead? How could this be an "older" sculpt when the first promo images we've seen are themselves about 10 months old. Do you think HT would have put a sculpt that's a year or more old and not representative of the final figure on display this late in the game?

You may also notice that apart from the too bright graphic pattern on the side of the mask simulating the fiber weave, this mask is more movie accurate than the promo images. The upper lip is now bigger which more accurately reflects Anne Hathaway's mouth.

This figure has been delayed and some people, including myself, speculated it was being resculpted, potentially to add a removable mask, which was 100% definitely not something that was on the promo and not planned as per the tech specs on HT's own site.

I won't be calling vegas to place any bets, but I'm very confident, like with Alice, the sculpt has been redone, and this is what we're going to get when it's released. I'm sure the hair will look better, the paint app may look better and many people will be happy with the figure in hand. I'm very confident that we will not get a figure in hand with a head sculpt that looks like the promo shots.

Last edited:

This part seems to always happen, doesn't it. :lol

First pics we ever saw of this figure, before the official specs on page 1 of this thread.

Now, why would they suddenly use this POS when the figure is nearing release. They had the above "early" proto available to use here. WTF is going on.:dunno

Oh yah, MJ Thriller was another figure that turned out worse than the proto

Well, I'm in for the long run on this, I used SS points for my order. Those pics suck though. The only thing that makes me feel OK about ordering a piece like this is that the likeness makes it a movie collectible, not a glorified Barbie. If the final production piece is that bad, it will be a lesson learned and she can sit on the Batpod with her mask down in the back of a display.

Back