1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Come on SSC, just throw her up so I can get other stuff done.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

The HT staff in HK just announced that they will make the mask removable. Got the news from Toysdaily.com, maybe it's true...oh well.

Man I hope that's not true.

I'm pretty sure she was listed as Selina Kyle/Catwoman in the credits.

There's also the fact that the script has her as "Catwoman".

This figure is Catwoman, the character is Catwoman. Just because she's never named doesn't mean she's not Catwoman. :lol

How can you avoid customs?
All mine have always been stopped...like you said its a pain...customs stop it ...you then have to provide receipt for item and get stung with another nice bill.

Not really.
Get the item TRACKED, but marked low.
I recieved the MKIV and Gantry last week, marked as "Toy parts, $15, gift".
Got to me just fine.
And no extra charges.
With tracking it can't go missing, and with a low marked value you won't get stung with charges.

Is that the same gun as black widow.....

The idea of defending a non removeable mask is as silly as one can go. This figure is supposed to be Selina Kyle/Catwoman. It should have the pearls, her gun, and her mask should be removeable. It doesn't matter that she did not run around without it on while wearing that outfit. That is not the important thing here. It is a simple goggle attachment so to make it not removable is stupid. Would people complain about a fabric hat that looks nice if the character always wore the hat?

For a figure with a blank expression, this is a shockingly barebones release. Simply put she doesn't come with anything. The generic gun is nothing worth mentioning and if the goggles are sculpted on then that isn't even an accessory. She comes with pretty much nothing. Babydoll came with guns and a sword and such and she was reasonably priced. This is going to once again be the scalping prices Hot Toys knows they can get away with these days.

And having the mask be removable opens up a lot more posing options; it isn't just about customs. You could have her holding the goggles about to put them on or something. It could make for more lifelike displays.

This figure is barebones enough to make me wonder why it wasn't featured in some immense Batpod + Catwoman set like how Ghost Rider was done. I wouldn't be surprised if we do get another release that just has her in her various outfits worn. They have the actress likeness and they are missing all of her accessories so might as well.

The idea of defending a non removeable mask is as silly as one can go. This figure is supposed to be Selina Kyle/Catwoman. It should have the pearls, her gun, and her mask should be removeable. It doesn't matter that she did not run around without it on while wearing that outfit. That is not the important thing here. It is a simple goggle attachment so to make it not removable is stupid. Would people complain about a fabric hat that looks nice if the character always wore the hat?

:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

Frankly, I'd look forward to hearing people ***** about the removable mask not staying on the figure and that they wished it was non-removable.

It's not silly at all, you guys are just being ******s about this and I'm not sure why. It's just as bad as all the people that were crying and whining on Facebook about the DX 09 Batman not having a Bruce Wayne Keaton sculpt (despite the fact that he was never shown in suit without the cowl).

The argument this time is even worse though because it ruins the quality of the figure. Make the mask removable and it makes them even more fragile and/or cheap. People will complain about it scuffing the headsculpt or the flesh turning black around the eyes or nose (like what happens with figures with sunglasses like Terminators). Then "oh, my mask snapped, I have to glue it" or "it's too hard to get on". It causes more problems, it's that simple.

I can't believe people are so obsessed with this idea of having her sans mask. She's NEVER like that in the movie, not once. A removable mask just makes the figure less durable.

You got the goggles going up above her head and rotating around her eyes, JUST like in the film. Why the **** do you want more? Anne Hathaway's likeness? It's right there in the figure. Her eyes, her mouth, the nose, it's all there with a mask and the goggles up.

The fact that you have to jump to defend your opinion with short essays every ten posts should make it apparent you're the one in the minority here. Try actually considering that the other side might have a noteworthy point.

Or here's another one for you. Since people seem convinced we won't see another Catwoman figure, then that makes it even more important we actually get her full likeness accessible. It's not just about customs. People are buying a figure of Anne Hathaway in a black jumpsuit. They should be able to see her full face. It's not like Iron Man where you are buying a robot with a man inside of it. There is definitely a reverse mentality to that sort of thing.

I don't think they're going to make significant changes now. Either the mask was designed as removable, or it is not. Besides, it may not have even been up to Hot Toys to allow Anne Hathaway's full likeness to be part of this item in the first place.

Scarecrow wasn't called Scarecrow in batman begins...

Well...

Carmine Falcone said:
Scarecrow.... Scarecrow... Scarecrow...

It already looks completely removable.

I'd say that's an artifact of them having to make it as a separate piece and glueing it on after the face and mask are painted.
It MIGHT be removeable and the scarring left might be fixable with a bit of paint and CA remover.
Or they might decide to make it removeable between now and next july when it gets released.
No-one will know till the figure turns up in hand.

Don't forget...

Rachel: Crane?

Crane: No... Scarecrow.
Besides, it may not have even been up to Hot Toys to allow Anne Hathaway's full likeness to be part of this item in the first place.

*Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Anne Hathaway :wink1:

It's not silly at all, you guys are just being ******s about this and I'm not sure why. It's just as bad as all the people that were crying and whining on Facebook about the DX 09 Batman not having a Bruce Wayne Keaton sculpt (despite the fact that he was never shown in suit without the cowl).

The argument this time is even worse though because it ruins the quality of the figure. Make the mask removable and it makes them even more fragile and/or cheap. People will complain about it scuffing the headsculpt or the flesh turning black around the eyes or nose (like what happens with figures with sunglasses like Terminators). Then "oh, my mask snapped, I have to glue it" or "it's too hard to get on". It causes more problems, it's that simple.

I can't believe people are so obsessed with this idea of having her sans mask. She's NEVER like that in the movie, not once. A removable mask just makes the figure less durable.

You got the goggles going up above her head and rotating around her eyes, JUST like in the film. Why the **** do you want more? Anne Hathaway's likeness? It's right there in the figure. Her eyes, her mouth, the nose, it's all there with a mask and the goggles up.

you have a point!

but guess those that want it removable want a selina kyle and not thief girl version head so that they can make another figure.

ht should include a non-removable mask and normal headsculpt like goblin in sm3) and charge the price similar as bane (fair price!! then again bane had nothing much for accessories).

win-win.

until the price goes up cause of the extra head and people will complain again...

:panic:

*Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Anne Hathaway :wink1:

you could say the same for tony stark (robert downey jr) and look how that turned out...

well cept for the fully realized but its never fully realized is it?

Last edited:

The goggles are definitely a separate part to the headsculpt. Since her hair is rooted it has to be tucked under the goggles and the only way for that to happen is if they're two separate parts.

Though at this point I'm unsure if they glue it onto the head after the hair rooting or what. Still I hope the mask is removable, only because stray hairs will pop out and then you'd have to stick them back under the goggles and it'll be a mess without the goggles being removable. :lol

Back