1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

No rock, no sale.

But on a serious note, I am a bit disappointed with this one. I really enjoy accessories and changing up my displays often, so a figure with hands and a gun doesn't do that much for me. Since I'm of the opinion there won't be another Catwoman figure from Dark Knight Rises, I'd much rather Hot Toys give her a Selina Kyle look as well.

A magnetic mask that's removable an a simple black dress with the pearls would have gone a lone way to making me feel like this is the ultimate Catwoman/Selina Kyle figure. And at Hot Toys current prices, every figure should feel like the ultimate version of the character in question. Throw in the prison jumpsuit and you have a release that covers nearly all the bases, even better than offerings like the DX Jokers.

I would rather pay $40 for for a DX figure and be completely satisfied than save a few dollars for a bare bones release.

I still have issues with the likeness as well, but that's a lesser concern to me as I can always display it goggles down.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Told ya the mask wouldn't come off.

Glad it doesn't as it looks more accurate on. You know it wouldn't be a perfect flush fit, or it would look too big, if it came off.

So what's the point of the Batman mask?

It´s cleary for using with the DX12 Batman.

If you want to display Batman using the amazing Christian Bale HS, you can use the mask to let him holding it.

In fact, I already purchased one on ebay just for that reason, cause I NEVER think HT would do something like it...

At least I don´t need to worry what "specific markets" are about...

Going up for sale on Sideshow some time today.
From Twitter!

Very nice, I think having a removable mask would've made it over the top.Too bad. :(

Ive said before that she should have a removable mask, but now Im not so sure. If it was removable there would need to be a way of securing it because otherwise we will need to keep readjusting it.

Do you own a Sucker Punch Amber??

I can't believe how insenitive Ht is by not having a removeable mask so customs could be made! :nana:

The hi res pics are amazing. I know some love a lot of accessories, but if it comes to more accessories being a higher price, I'd rather it be bare bones. I think this is near perfect all around.

I do find it interesting that the stand only say Selina Kyle when the figure is titled Catwoman / Selina Kyle. I wonder if that will change in production?

I will definitely PO the exclusive through SS.

Also, if Animarket is any barometer, it should be $189 through SS. Wolverine show $235 on Animarket and that exactly what he was. I'm good with $189.

It´s cleary for using with the DX12 Batman.

Ah, okay, thanks for clarifying.

That is kind of funny that she does come with a separate mask...for Batman. :D

I would rather pay $40 for for a DX figure

I'd rather pay $40 less for a figure with a likeness that isn't screwed up by PERS. :)

I'd rather pay $40 less for a figure with a likeness that isn't screwed up by PERS. :)

Yep.

There's absolutely no reason for this to be a DX. I can't believe there are complaints.

I could see if collectors were upset that the goggles don't light up, that I can see but this *****ing and disappointment over a removable mask and/or alternate outfits (that aren't even Catwoman outfits) is insane. Then a secondary headsculpt? She was never unmasked as Catwoman, ever.

Do you guys not realize how crappy that mask would be if it was removable? We'd all be complaining about how odd it would look or how flimsy it was. Not to mention the QC issues that would come with it.

I know some love a lot of accessories, but if it comes to more accessories being a higher price, I'd rather it be bare bones. I think this is near perfect all around.

Didn't used to, and Nick Fury and Hawkeye come with a good few accessories and maintain a "low" price :lecture

The HT staff in HK just announced that they will make the mask removable. Got the news from Toysdaily.com, maybe it's true...oh well.

She's never referred to as "Catwoman" in TDKR. Maybe that's the reason for only saying Selina Kyle on the base.

She looks great. I am glad to see that the goggles on the show display weren't final.

The base looks cool.

As far as I'm concerned HT is already giving us two HS options: goggles up or down. Nothing more is needed (or wanted.)

I really don't see how anyone can complain about this figure (unless she ends up with an outrageous price tag of course.) Right up there with SSC's Baroness, possibly even better since she looks more lifelike. She even has curves for crying out loud.

546136_10151026232212344_1867813972_n.jpg

527197_10151026232507344_2104816970_n.jpg

Back