1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Catwoman/Selina Kyle

The likeness isn't an issue to me - I see Anne.

annelikeness.jpg

Could be that both Anne and Liv look somewhat similar when masked...:dunno

That is pretty an amazing likeness when put next to each other. With the barbie body you forget that HT are meant to be pretty good at making HSs :clap

The body looks out of proportion, I hope they fix that.....

The only thing I hope they fix are the way the sunglasses sit on her head. Right now they sit too high.

This may have been brought up already but I just noticed that the flesh tone on her head is lighter than her neck. I hope it's just the lighting in the pics.

Well, I was not looking forward to real hair. Sort of makes it a Barbie. However, it does look all right. It's a basic no frills figure that won't be expensive. I will get this one for sure.

Body needs to be fixed to fit the head. I think those goggles of her should be shorter so that it brushes the hair so when you pull it back you will see more of the cat ear instead of a large overhead visor.

I hope the hands are simply for the Batpod that will come with her. :monkey1

If not...I hope there will be an exclusive 1/4 scale Anne/Catwomen that will come with a 1/4 Batpod! I will gladly pay 1000 bucks or more for it!!!!!:exactly:

Above the belt, she looks nice. Her hands look um, odd, but if that was the only issue I wouldn't have a problem. Below, uh... That's where the troubles start. It's that fear of female hips and lack of understanding of the way they're built all over again. Anne might not be amazingly curvaceous, but she's still a woman. In what appears to be a corset, too. (Or, more like "a tiny bit of boning built into her suit to shape her waist and hips" - but regardless, in her suit she's even more curvy than she normally is) That Alice(?) figure posted earlier gets it closer, by the way.

I am kind of hoping that it's just the angle of the photo though. It looks like it was taken slightly from above. On a white background we don't have a way of orienting the figure in space, so it looks shrunken - while in reality it's distorted because of perspective. That won't fix the shape of her thigh, which is the biggest offender, but it might fix the calves and the oversized head.

guys and girls, i am having trouble deciding so please give me some of your advices!! Should i sell my Jill valentine Battle Suit to get some extra funds for Catwoman? Or Should i sell just sell the body but keep the HS so i can swap with Anne's HS ?? god, this hobby is no JOKE!!

I'd advise getting all the money you have towards Selina and if you can the pod :)

I thimk the Alice body would be better for her, I know Anne doesn't have HUGE hips but nor does Milla.

I think bigger hips would look better in that suit, The head is perfect but the hair and the goggles need to be a little more accurate. Smalles hands but I can't really figure what accesories she should have...

maybe the gun she uses in her first fight and I dunno.. a knife?.. she must have something else

oh.. and again, a bigger ass (Alice's body)

hot toys = great with guy figs, sucks with the ladies.

this is just another barbie from them. the best ht female so far is milla's alice, all others look like dolls to me. i'm fine with rooted hair IF they can make it look realistic, but so far the only thing it does is take away the realism from the fig. it's not just the rooted hair; proportions are always off, heads too big, hands too big, bodies too slim, etc etc. same problem here with catwoman as with past figs.

and lastly, this is my biggest gripe... do. not. use. real. zipper.

real zipper and 1/6 scale do not work - it always always gives the impression that the outfit is 2 sizes too big for the figs, this is especially distracting with the female figs since zipper/zipperline is always front and center in their costumes. personally, i dont need to dress/undress my fig to see the boobs underneath. the female fig just need to look beautiful displayed. so pretty please, with sugar on top, just make a fake 1/6 zipper that looks right for the fig's scale.

end rant.

Back