1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Catwoman/Selina Kyle

Ah, but what you have to remember is that, in Year One, Holly was still quite young, which led me to believe that their relationship was platonic, and that Selina was more of a protector to Holly. It's all hearsay, really, I think the only way to know for sure would be to ask Miller himself.:lol That being said, if Holly wasn't revealed to be a homosexual until later, there's a good chance that isn't what Miller intended to convey.

Seline was certainly not in a relationship with Holly. She was the mother hen figure. There relationship was delved into further in the Catwoman mini series, as well as a few other flashback stories of the 80s and 90s.

Hah, thought I was looking at 1/6 for a second and got annoyed by how the undersuit cloth texture turned into the 1/4 material. Thank god it wasn't.

In Year One I get sisterly or mother/daughter vibes from Selina and Holly. Selina protects and watches over her.

In The Dark Knight Rises I get lesbian vibes between Selina and Jen. Especially when Jen brushes up against Selina's hair. They have a "thing" before Bruce shows up in Selina's life and she pursues a "clean slate".

In Year One I get sisterly or mother/daughter vibes from Selina and Holly. Selina protects and watches over her.

In The Dark Knight Rises I get lesbian vibes between Selina and Jen. Especially when Jen brushes up against Selina's hair. They have a "thing" before Bruce shows up in Selina's life and she pursues a "clean slate".

Nope. :wave

Agreed completely.

Walking out of the theater, discussing the movie, I learned I was not the only one who got that vibe from Selina and Jen, from their last scene together in the movie. Many of my friends brought it up as well.

Actually after my second time watching the movie, I was pretty sure that Selina was bisexual...

something to remember when talking about straight female/female friendships -- they interact with each other a lot differently than straight male/male friendships do. They touch, hug, etc but it is completely platonic & non-sexual. As a gay guy I've been around so many straight females & that is just the way they interact (especially with other straight females & gay males -- where there is no sexual "want/need" or fear of sex as a consequence) I didn't get a lesbian/bisexual vibe from their interactions in the movie :dunno

While I love The Dark Knight Returns and Batman Year One I really can't stand the way Frank Miller writes female characters, its like he hates women :slap

I can't stand any of his other Batman stuff The Dark Knight Strikes Again is the most awful sequel I've ever read to anything, his All-Star Batman & Robin is fine as long as you appreciate it for Jim Lee's beautiful artwork.

Anyway any idea when we're likely to see the full reveal from Hot Toys?

Hopefully within this month. I'm really curious as to what accessories she will have, but after seeing the Bane figure I won't be surprised if she will come with just some hands and a pistol :slap

Perhaps they will make a 1/4 Selina with a bunch of various outfits and accessories like the finger prints and the clean slate :dunno

Perhaps they will make a 1/4 Selina with a bunch of various outfits and accessories like the finger prints and the clean slate :dunno

Haha, you really want just a stupid little envelope and a thumb drive? Not very interesting.

No, Catwoman won't have many accessories, but she didn't use much in the film, so you can't fault Hot Toys. Wish she had used a whip at some point.

Haha, you really want just a stupid little envelope and a thumb drive? Not very interesting.

No, Catwoman won't have many accessories, but she didn't use much in the film, so you can't fault Hot Toys. Wish she had used a whip at some point.

:lolNah not really, but it's not like you can get anything else out of her and with 1/4 figures they have to have more accessories so I'm just contemplating what they might include if they make a 1/4 Selina.

Hope at least we'll see pearl necklace and orange jumpsuit included....:rotfl

Wouldn't mind some lockpicks as well though. Just for novelty sake. She is a cat burglar after all.

I jus wan a few things for 1/6 Selina
-her led lights on the goggles lights up though it won't
-her goggles do come down and twist to be accurate unlike movie masters
-if not then she will come with another head with goggles down
-her legs goes up to pose "cat got cha tongue" scene
-accessories would be: pearl necklace, pistols,

She was Awesome in the movie.
I mean, not "i died and a bunch of cats licked me back to life" awesome, but awesome in her own way.:)
I will totally be getting this figure, but only if the mask is removable.

I jus wan a few things for 1/6 Selina
-her led lights on the goggles lights up though it won't
-her goggles do come down and twist to be accurate unlike movie masters
-if not then she will come with another head with goggles down
-her legs goes up to pose "cat got cha tongue" scene
-accessories would be: pearl necklace, pistols,

- no way LEDs can be there at this scale, doubt even in a 1/4 scale
- they probably will be able to come off
- even if her true body type can lift its leg up that high I doubt the fabric of her suit will manage. It will have to be at your own risk of tearing/stretching it
- pearl necklace isn't seen when she's wearing her burglar outfit so it probably won't be there.

I reckon that like with Bane she will have various hands and 2 accessories: removable goggles and a pistol.

While I love The Dark Knight Returns and Batman Year One I really can't stand the way Frank Miller writes female characters, its like he hates women :slap

I can't stand any of his other Batman stuff The Dark Knight Strikes Again is the most awful sequel I've ever read to anything, his All-Star Batman & Robin is fine as long as you appreciate it for Jim Lee's beautiful artwork.

That's a common complaint he gets :lol Rightfully so too the way he writes females tends to be ridiculous, but then again a lot of his writing is absurd anyway. Personally I hated the art for Dark Knight Returns but it was a great story. Year One I was actually pretty underwhelmed by, but The Long Halloween is the best comic I've ever read. That was pure class I loved it and it justified reading Year One for me.

Back