1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Catwoman/Selina Kyle

That's because of HT's tendency to turn headsculpts that should be based on the real-life actors into perfected renderings. The idealized version of a male character is one that lacks facial imperfections which can actually sell the likeness. The idealized version of a female character is... well, doll. At least in their eyes. :cuckoo:

Yeah I agree. Lately Hot Toys has been doing this and I really dislike it. I dislike it on the new Tony Stark and Bale heads for example. I generally like Enterbay's style in this regard more as they tend to try to keep their headsculpts real to the people, imperfections and all.

They did finally add that little mole or skin tag next to Bale's eye though. One step forward, two steps back.

I'm curious to see if they got Anne's eyes right. She has very a distinct eye shape.Hard to judge behind the mask.

Should we be expecting a DX version of this? I'll get this one if that's all they got to offer but I'd rather wait for a DX if it's to be released

I think it's the 1:6 female + real hair = Barbie mentality.
I can see how some would have this opinion, but while I'm one of those who dislikes the 'real' hair (on all HT females so far to be honest) - it's not because of the Barbie thing. If it looked right, & held it's shape well over time.. I'd likely be fine with it.

I just don't like the way it looks - period, for starters. It has a straw-like wiry quality, for lack of a better description - give or take, depending on the character / figure in question. To be fair though, it's damn hard to replicate a real head of human hair that way, so I applaud them for trying at least.

Secondly - longevity. I just don't see it looking great over time. :huh

I can see Joker 3.0 before i can see a DX Catwoman or Bane

I think people just expect a DX of every figure.:lol

:lol true but then again I reckon she was important enough for a DX. She and Bane should both get DXs

P.s. does anyone still associate the pod with Batman rather than Selina? Cos even though her ass looked very fine on it I don't feel like its her vehicle.

Last edited:

I don't see them doing another version of Catwoman at all, much less a DX. First of all -- HT doesn't usually repeat chick figures. Second, this is the definitive version ... and the only costume most people are going to want. I don't see a french maid, or black dress, or Audrey Hepburn version selling all that well. Even worse than a dude in a suit figures is a chick in a dress.

I think they're much more likely to do another Bane -- stock exchange, hijacking, etc. -- though I still doubt a DX for Bane. Probably a trenchcoat Gordon. Maybe a Ras, or Bruce Wayne, or batsuit armory ...

... but I don't see any reason they'd do another Selina Kyle. I'd put good money on this being a one-and-done.

SnakeDoc

I think this is it for Selina too! No where else to go really.

I think the most likely next figures from the TDKR line are going to be a police officer version of Blake, a trench coat Gordon and maybe a Ra's.

The only other possibility I see (and this is a longshot) would be a Miranda tate figure.

You argument seems valid. There aren't really any accessories that she can have and this is her main costume throughout the whole movie. But it would be nice of them to make an improved/DX version of her, she is just not good enough in her current state. But maybe the release pics will prove us otherwise.

As for Bane there will definitely be a stock exchange outfit, but I doubt it will look any good, I didn't like it very much in the movie.

I don't think Tate is interesting enough -- even if they do her perfectly, she'd be a really boring figure. I agree on Blake ... he has to be the favorite at this point. I actually think there's a better chance of two Blakes (cop and plainclothes Detective) than two Kyles.

Probably at least one more Bane. Gordon (doesn't make sense for them to do a SWAT variant without doing the standard). Maybe Ras.

I think there's a better chance of them revisiting Two Face than doing a Tate, another Kyle, etc.

I actually do think they'll do an armory, though. Maybe a Bruce Wayne with armory ... kinda like they did with Stark's suit-up gantry. Actually ... come to think of it ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

SnakeDoc

Tate would be kind of a boring character, but then again she's pretty important and HT is giving us an Avengers Caulson figure.

If they do make a Tate I could see her coming with the following

Spoiler Spoiler:

Blake would be great though. The detective version could come with a shotgun as well.

481111_426075467430787_1832484092_n.jpg

First time we have seen her stood up

Looks really good to me, can't wait for the full reveal. I hope she's unveiled this week.

202611_408775379186189_1773093430_o.jpg

329305_408775752519485_410183383_o.jpg

I think she's really pretty, and HT did a great job on her. I like this figure 1000X better than the AWFUL Angelica.

I may have to BUY Catwoman afterall!! :lol

That is HT's figure? ... Looks unreal if it is.

Thats not the figure ... just a CG Catwoman.

SnakeDoc

She looks too skinny in that standing up picture. I am going to assume that picture is actually the complete Hot Toys and not a prototype. As far as I can tell the neck seems to be the same color as the head there.

Back