1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Catwoman/Selina Kyle

USA stomps the world in the Olympics and lands on Mars while Hot Toys drags their feet showing dolls.
deanshylaugh.gif

Don't see a reason to complain about the hairline, really. The way I see it, the only fix would to either have sculpted hair or have the each hair punched in. For the former, sculpted would hinder neck articulation, and if I didn't want the neck to move I'd go with the DC 1:6 or 1:12 statues. The latter shouldn't even be expected seeing how none of HT latest females with "real hair" have had that sort of treatment. There's always going to be give and take with scaled collectibles, and I feel especially with the articulated 1/6 scale hobby.

Well my issue with the hairline is the lame painted bit - I think that should be got rid of altogether.

Last edited:

Don't see a reason to complain about the hairline, really. The way I see it, the only fix would to either have sculpted hair or have the each hair punched in. For the former, sculpted would hinder neck articulation, and if I didn't want the neck to move I'd go with the DC 1:6 or 1:12 statues. The latter shouldn't even be expected seeing how none of HT latest females with "real hair" have had that sort of treatment. There's always going to be give and take with scaled collectibles, and I feel especially with the articulated 1/6 scale hobby.

I see what your saying and you have a good point. It's the fact that the hairline is so bad that it has to be brought up. It's the only thing I see when I look at the figure. Her face looks like a mask almost.

My new display cabinet's arriving tomorrow
gonna be an awesome day if this gets announced too

:pray:

maybe they are fixing it. stop complaining that its not out yet.

Catwoman has room for improvement but so far it's far better than Bane, apart from that horrendous neck joint.

I'm sure they're gonna fix it.....right? They can't leave it as is.....can they?
:panic: Not sure you can get rid of all the seams but the fact that I can see 3 different colors in there isamakingmecrazy.....:slap:lol

Time for some official release photos I think :lecture

htcatneck.jpg

If you actually make use of that dolly hair... you can drape it over her shoulders & hide the neck area.. somewhat.

Cool, so it indeed has a purpose. :lol

I don't know about that,

18.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

? Huh?

Those pics show that the colors ARE matched. What don't you know about?

You also don't see the joint if properly posed like long haired figures should be.

Well the colours will be matched I'm sure but the cutoff of that neck is atrocious

What I don't understand is this: why don't they simply follow the natural line of the jawline to the mastoid process behind the ear as the "cut off" for the head sculpt? Pretty sure that HT have done this with many other previous figures?? That 'neck stump' is unnecessary and stupid, very Medicom...

Back