1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a wait list conversion e-mail from Sideshow for the regular version. My wait list order was placed on August 14.

Some of these pics .... Repainted ones, assuming its not better photography make her look more like AH, quite like her actually. So, i wonder why cant HT do that right from the beginnng. They take months or rather years to come up with a figure and most of the work almost 70 pct is head sculpt and still usually needs a bit desired. I also wonder if some of us see more of her than others in these sculpts because each piece is marginally different and depends on what paint batch we got that slightly puts the accuracy off for some of us. Just thinking aloud here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
I like this repaint too:
1175644_10202039233212233_1069860795_n.jpg

Whoa.....who did this?

Whoa.....who did this?

Well the only thing I know is that name you could see and veibo account. And the guy actually implanted her eye eyelashes.
The one who posted these pics is Alec Shih. That's all I could say.

I think it is not drastically different eye paint than the original one. But he worked hard on eyelashes and hair line. I actually do not like the fact she is too pale in this version.

If you have Bane, the DX12 and the Batpod, it's definitely worth it imo. But as a stand alone piece, I'd say no.

I disagree, I don't have any of those, just by choice. I think her as a stand alone piece makes a good collectible, especially if you customize her.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. :lecture :dunno

guyver1 said:
I disagree, I don't have any of those, just by choice. I think her as a stand alone piece makes a good collectible, especially if you customize her. But everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I love the figure (fragile goggles aside) and I don't regret picking her up. I think you've done a phenomenal job customizing her, especially with the latest pics. But I think the majority of collectors picked her up to complete or complement (she looks great with the Batpod) their TDKR collection rather than as a single piece to represent the movie. There might be other figures like HT Hulk or EB Jordan that work better as stand alone pieces, at least in imo.

But if he can get her for retail, then I'd say go for it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the figure (fragile goggles aside) and I don't regret picking her up. I think you've done a phenomenal job customizing her, especially with the latest pics. But I think the majority of collectors picked her up to complete or complement (she looks great with the Batpod) their TDKR collection rather than as a single piece to represent the movie. There might be other figures like HT Hulk or EB Jordan that work better as stand alone pieces, at least in imo.

But if he can get her for retail, then I'd say go for it.

I understand believe me. It's weird how collectors as you said feel that they have to collect pieces to complete a set, that's their choice, I'd prefer to just collect the characters that appeal to me, especially if the costs are expensive which they are. There are exceptions of course like the Avengers, all of them are worth getting as a set, but I can only afford what I can get out of that group, and I know I missed out, but oh well. :slap

I like Batman, but I'm not a big fan of the Bale Bats, so it didn't bother me that I passed on some of the figures and won't kill me to not pursue them.

I have a feeling HT's will probably come out with the improved versions of TDKRS line including a better Catwoman anyway.

Again this is just my opinion. :lecture

No need to defend your collecting choices my friend. :1-1: I've always wanted to take a plunge into the Avengers line, but collecting that and TDKR at the same time made that impossible for me. I have been entertaining the thought of picking up a HT Hulk, the Silver Centurion or the Tony Stark diorama because I like those pieces and the characters a lot. I think what matters is that you enjoy the collectibles you have and not fret over what figures you want or need.

I nearly jumped on the Avengers line but it was going to spread me very thing. I'm glad I didn't. I don't regret not buying them.

I have a feeling that when both Age Of Ultron and Superman/Batman both come out, we might be singing a different tune. :lol

Might we see AH revisit Catwoman or will they reboot the character and actress if they decide to put her in the new movie?

So glad I started collection when I did. (Early 2012) I was able to secure the entire Avengers line plus a few extra. I would love to have started the Nolan Batman line but I missed the boat on the releases from the 1st 2 films. Thank goodness for the Joker 2.0.... That's an amazing piece!

I nearly jumped on the Avengers line but it was going to spread me very thing. I'm glad I didn't. I don't regret not buying them.

Me neither. I HAD to buy a hulk, because, well, it's Hulk. I sold the mark VII for more than I ever hoped to, and I was somehow lucky enough to grab three hawkeyes when I had the chance to do so. I've always been a fan of Renner's work, therefore I never opened them.

Who would've thought that one of those suckers can cover almost 85% of the cost of a 1989 batmobile?

I am really late to the party on this one, but here is my review vid for this figure. I have a lot of complaints with this one to be honest. It looks like others share the same when it comes to the paint job on the head sculpt. I may try a repaint myself but to be honest, I plan on posing her with the mask on so I may not bother.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag-NbVIREy0&feature=c4-overview&list=UU49YDUvxn7xH08UIrHjKDXw[/ame]

Me neither. I HAD to buy a hulk, because, well, it's Hulk. I sold the mark VII for more than I ever hoped to, and I was somehow lucky enough to grab three hawkeyes when I had the chance to do so. I've always been a fan of Renner's work, therefore I never opened them.

Who would've thought that one of those suckers can cover almost 85% of the cost of a 1989 batmobile?

Wow you scored big!

Back