1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been saying from day zero, she dosnt look like AH. I know with some lighting etc and some angles she does but mostly does not look like AH. I ignore all other issues usually as head sculpt is mostly what matters to me so long other things are in a good enough likeness catagory. Hot toys still do not have the capability to do female face scultping with same precision as the male figures.

I look at it like this: we wait close to 10-12 months on each figure and if the likeness is "somewhat looks like" types, its not impactful for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did you see the aftermarket repaint? This sculpt is 100% dead on.
It's just the HT paint app that lets it down.

I have been saying from day zero, she dosnt look like AH. I know with some lighting etc and some angles she does but mostly does not look like AH. I ignore all other issues usually as head sculpt is mostly what matters to me so long other things are in a good enough likeness catagory. Hot toys still do not have the capability to do female face scultping with same precision as the male figures.

I look at it like this: we wait close to 10-12 months on each figure and if the likeness is "somewhat looks like" types, its not impactful for me.

Did you see the aftermarket repaint? This sculpt is 100% dead on.
It's just the HT paint app that lets it down.

1073815_194130934087728_1998732659_o.jpg

Ill sort of elaborate as to why I think it sucks, someone listed it as about a 6.5 out of 10. I'd give it a 6 here's why:

-The head looks plasticy, undersized compressed vertically almost and has a mearly a passing likeness to Hathaway,

-the hair looks really fake, most of their real hair attempts look fake but if you look at some customizers attempt like Lalla, you know real hair can be pulled off convincingly. The hair is also a frizzy mess

-her neck is too short

- the hair line is atrocious, it's a very unsightly gap and the attempt to blend it with paint hurts more than it helps

- the mask holes are too small for the eyes and rhe goggles are fragile

- the body frigging sucks. Odd proportions aside, I hate hot toys female bodies. They are terribly unfeminine and have a poor range of motion. You can't get them in feminine poses that look realistic. The Eva body from triad was a peice of junk but the best female body ever. Hot toys needs to buy that design.

- hand pegs are flesh not black?

- you can't pose this thing at all, her legs won't bend front to back which eliminates a lot of good posing same for the ankles it's not easy to bend them side to side. Maybe of you twist the joint in the peg after you tear up rhe pleather boot trying.

- oddly proportioned doll looking overall,

- the texture in the suit is pretty cool I like it but its too thick,

- it's not about panty lines on the butt it's that it looks like a huge diaper she is wearing, i don't get how anyone can say its simply "panty lines" panties over depends maybe. For the record the the way her shoulders look bug me as much as her butt does , I don't care if you're not looking there all too much it's an unsightly area in a premium highly realistic figure. Every area should look good. It's the same reason why Keaton batman loses huge points with me with that stupid chunk in the back of his head.

And to the guys urging me to sell it, I feel like that's maybe innevitable but I'm a completionist in the sense where i want the character in the line up. Lets face it Two Face sucks also. At least I was able to fix him up. Mayne catwoman can be worked with if Hot Toys figures out how to do a decent female one of these days.

To me the redeeming points are few and far between. To be honest I take back my original statement; Indy is by far the worst in recent years. Ironically a lot of the batman figures suck IMO. Two face (though its older) Scarecrow was bad, begins batman (again it gets the older pass) DX01 ( hated it so much but totally love 11) DX12 (I like it after mods, but come one, the eyes, the cape the FACE? Too much to fix to say its a winner). Bane (sorry I'm not a fan either, his mask dips too far in on his nose, his costume is inaccurate he can't assume the proper poses, his body type is wrong for him. Etc. etc.

Every release has problems theres no way I'm expecting perfection, but i was more or less totally satisfied when I got Reeves superman, DX sparrow, avatar, mark 4, spider man the list goes on and on (interestingly it seems my buying of 1/6 has not slow downed but hot toys is not offering figures i care about recently). People could pick apart things about all of the above releases and some times I think nitpicking goes to far, I look at overall presentation and the total package to determine of its a pass or fail. I think catwoman is a fail.

6.5 is what i gave her. I think mostly cause they fixed the bums better than they looked in the image so i had some wow factor coming in from there ;)

I agree with a lot of what these guys are saying. Selina Kyle looks terrible - it looks like a Barbie. I've been collecting HT for a lot of years now and to think that, in 2013, the company and even some collectors think the headsculpt on this figure looks good? Yet there are people out there who LIKE the DX12 cowl? I don't think I'll ever understand.

Her hairline is awful. Her neck joint is awful. Her face is flat and awful. I keep reading the goggles keep breaking?

Plus her gun is not accurate. It is the gun that HT sticks in a lot of figures and think they can get away with it. They gave it to John Connor and to Abe from Hellboy - both guns being wrong for their respective figures.

Ill sort of elaborate as to why I think it sucks, someone listed it as about a 6.5 out of 10. I'd give it a 6 here's why:

-The head looks plasticy, undersized compressed vertically almost and has a mearly a passing likeness to Hathaway,

-the hair looks really fake, most of their real hair attempts look fake but if you look at some customizers attempt like Lalla, you know real hair can be pulled off convincingly. The hair is also a frizzy mess

-her neck is too short

- the hair line is atrocious, it's a very unsightly gap and the attempt to blend it with paint hurts more than it helps

- the mask holes are too small for the eyes and rhe goggles are fragile

- the body frigging sucks. Odd proportions aside, I hate hot toys female bodies. They are terribly unfeminine and have a poor range of motion. You can't get them in feminine poses that look realistic. The Eva body from triad was a peice of junk but the best female body ever. Hot toys needs to buy that design.

- hand pegs are flesh not black?

- you can't pose this thing at all, her legs won't bend front to back which eliminates a lot of good posing same for the ankles it's not easy to bend them side to side. Maybe of you twist the joint in the peg after you tear up rhe pleather boot trying.

- oddly proportioned doll looking overall,

- the texture in the suit is pretty cool I like it but its too thick,

- it's not about panty lines on the butt it's that it looks like a huge diaper she is wearing, i don't get how anyone can say its simply "panty lines" panties over depends maybe. For the record the the way her shoulders look bug me as much as her butt does , I don't care if you're not looking there all too much it's an unsightly area in a premium highly realistic figure. Every area should look good. It's the same reason why Keaton batman loses huge points with me with that stupid chunk in the back of his head.

And to the guys urging me to sell it, I feel like that's maybe innevitable but I'm a completionist in the sense where i want the character in the line up. Lets face it Two Face sucks also. At least I was able to fix him up. Mayne catwoman can be worked with if Hot Toys figures out how to do a decent female one of these days.

To me the redeeming points are few and far between. To be honest I take back my original statement; Indy is by far the worst in recent years. Ironically a lot of the batman figures suck IMO. Two face (though its older) Scarecrow was bad, begins batman (again it gets the older pass) DX01 ( hated it so much but totally love 11) DX12 (I like it after mods, but come one, the eyes, the cape the FACE? Too much to fix to say its a winner). Bane (sorry I'm not a fan either, his mask dips too far in on his nose, his costume is inaccurate he can't assume the proper poses, his body type is wrong for him. Etc. etc.

Every release has problems theres no way I'm expecting perfection, but i was more or less totally satisfied when I got Reeves superman, DX sparrow, avatar, mark 4, spider man the list goes on and on (interestingly it seems my buying of 1/6 has not slow downed but hot toys is not offering figures i care about recently). People could pick apart things about all of the above releases and some times I think nitpicking goes to far, I look at overall presentation and the total package to determine of its a pass or fail. I think catwoman is a fail.

I agree with a lot of what these guys are saying. Selina Kyle looks terrible - it looks like a Barbie. I've been collecting HT for a lot of years now and to think that, in 2013, the company and even some collectors think the headsculpt on this figure looks good? Yet there are people out there who LIKE the DX12 cowl? I don't think I'll ever understand.

Her hairline is awful. Her neck joint is awful. Her face is flat and awful. I keep reading the goggles keep breaking?

Plus her gun is not accurate. It is the gun that HT sticks in a lot of figures and think they can get away with it. They gave it to John Connor and to Abe from Hellboy - both guns being wrong for their respective figures.

8791778905_b04ec182c5.jpg

Just kidding, guys.
:lol

But yeah, opinions and mileage may vary with any figure. Honestly sorry you guys don't like her.

This does make me wonder in my 1/6 collecting newbie-ness--which figure from Hot Toys has been the most divisive so far??

This one certainly has to be up there. From around the internet it seems there isn't much middle ground about this one.

This does make me wonder in my 1/6 collecting newbie-ness--which figure from Hot Toys has been the most divisive so far??

This one certainly has to be up there. From around the internet it seems there isn't much middle ground about this one.

Probably Joker? DX01? perhaps not headsculpt but clothing - the arguments over braces and socks and coat linings and inner jacket and erugh I dont know what else, just went on for MONTHS.

Well I wouldn't go that far. :lol

It's definitely better. I saw this in the dude thread.

Still a crap figure.

:hi5:

To me some good headsculpts are... Enterbay leon, hot toys aldo, enterbay scarface war, ofcourse the joker 2.0, medicom darth maul, whiplash hot toys, mean these are sme of the good ones spread over time. I am saying likeneess wise not overall figure. I think none of the female headsculpts from hot toys wow me, they just almost always screw it up. The prettiest head sculpt to me was of jaimy chung amber, but then she is so pretty that even a brief resemblance to her was pretty enough... But again not accurate!

[ame="https://youtu.be/gxJwX-yDHOY"]https://youtu.be/gxJwX-yDHOY[/ame]

Nice vid from dean here.

Those of us who like the figure will enjoy it.:clap

Those that don't like her, get your airline vomit bags ready. :lol

I actually sent mine to be repainted to figurefans. It seems worth it to me, if she looks like that I'll accept this figure on my shelf

To me some good headsculpts are... Enterbay leon, hot toys aldo, enterbay scarface war, ofcourse the joker 2.0, medicom darth maul, whiplash hot toys, mean these are sme of the good ones spread over time. I am saying likeneess wise not overall figure. I think none of the female headsculpts from hot toys wow me, they just almost always screw it up. The prettiest head sculpt to me was of jaimy chung amber, but then she is so pretty that even a brief resemblance to her was pretty enough... But again not accurate!

Agree with all of those definitely, maybe not the Medicom all the Medicom look like dolls to me but you listed some that are honestly hard to fault and I also agree that there's really no female head that's been a jaw-dropper.

Agree with all of those definitely, maybe not the Medicom all the Medicom look like dolls to me but you listed some that are honestly hard to fault and I also agree that there's really no female head that's been a jaw-dropper.

Like i said. Just the head sculpt of darth maul was good and expressive. The overall figure was ok ok...

So, I finally took the gun out of the box, and as I did, a spring fell on the table. I was able to figure out where it goes, but it appears that I am missing something here:

IMG_6318.jpg

There is nothing holding the barrel on and keeping the whole thing from falling apart.

IMG_6323.jpg

I thoroughly searched the box for the missing piece, and I got on my hands and knees and searched the carpet. Nothing.

Sorry, sculpt is too soft.

Too soft? it's not supposed to be, Desperate Dan.

9451225011_4b0fce8117_z.jpg

Yet there are people out there who LIKE the DX12 cowl? I don't think I'll ever understand.

I do.

8367294913_cc134f507e_z.jpg

But yes, you wont understand if one doesn't have an open mind. What you like or others, wont appeal to you and vice versa. It's all about choice and how much it really means to one.

Back