1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

I was mostly joking when I said the butt thing. But you do kind of expect catwoman to have a nice butt, the same way you expect bane to look huge. I'm more curious how people who feel that way about the bane figure are content with a catwoman with a flat butt?! I'm not arguing, just curious because its the same issue right? I preferred a lifelike Tom hardy, but I sort of wish they just took some liberties with her butt

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

I dont have any problems with Bane's physique, either.

The thing to remember is, these bodies are pretty much "stock." We don't get a new sculpt for each figure, they just put the head on the body type most closely matching, and go with that.

If you are talking about a statue, that's something else since the whole piece is being sculpted at once.

If they are going to have to start sculpting individual HT bodies for each character, I'd imagine we'd be looking at a pretty steep price increase. These things are expensive enough...

I say leave CW alone, and Bane too for that matter.

The thing to remember is, these bodies are pretty much "stock." We don't get a new sculpt for each figure, they just put the head on the body type most closely matching, and go with that.

If you are talking about a statue, that's something else since the whole piece is being sculpted at once.

If they are going to have to start sculpting individual HT bodies for each character, I'd imagine we'd be looking at a pretty steep price increase. These things are expensive enough...

:goodpost: :exactly: :yess: :clap :hi5:

Is it me, or does HT figures require modifications out of the box nowadays to make them look good. The heck is going on with this hobby?

it's you

The difference is negligable on a lot of Hot Toys pieces that have come out lately... Some folks here just have a rod up there ass and need to change many things to be happy with in the end is only a piece of plastic... To that I say why so serious people?!?

:goodpost::exactly:

Yeah the stuff being done to DX 12 to make it "much better" baffles me..looks slightly different but no better.
They love to say how superior it looks but DX 12 looks great, accurate enough to me but to those who have to alter figures to satisfy themselves- great- go for it.
I just don't see trashing the figure is justifiable.

I usually have a hard time seeing any difference with most of the mods people have done on the DX12. :dunno

About 0% of my figures have their back to me when displayed so the whole size of her ass seems fairly irrelevant. I will have my Catwomen on the Batpod though so I will be gutted if she dont look like this.

catpod_zps0c3ab88f.jpg
:yess:

That pic was of her stunt double

Who. Cares.

It's a figure of "Catwoman", not Anne Hathaway. More than one actor can lend their talents to bringing a single character to life on screen. Such was the case with both Batman and Bane as well. Therefore I, too, want this figure to feature screen-accurate hindquarters. :naughty

It's a figure of Catwoman played by Anne Hathaway, so I'm sure everybody cares if the figure will look like her.

It's a figure of catwoman and not Anne Hathaway? What kind of crack are you smoking?

It's a figure of Catwoman played by Anne Hathaway, so I'm sure everybody cares if the figure will look like her.

It does look like her. The face likeness wasn't being addressed, but rather the shape of her backside. Since Hathaway contributed the face and the stunt double contributed the butt, the figure should represent both as they were seen on screen.

It's a figure of catwoman and not Anne Hathaway? What kind of crack are you smoking?

See previous and/or above post. :rolleyes:

Anne has curves, but the skin tight suit a smidge....

To be fair, in the movie Anne used the high heels to help her push her tail bone up which makes her arse look bigger or rather fuller. In the video posted a couple of pages back, she doesn't appear to do that because that posture stresses her backbone so she only did it during filming.

Last edited:

They do actually make new bodies for many characters like Perseus, Leonidas, all the T-800's, Cap, Thor, etc. Anytime they do that HT will specify it in the specs as "newly developed body". But it’s true that they also use the existing platforms, like many figures are on what are essentially TTM18’s and Indy is on a TTM19

I'm still a little undecided about Bane. There are certain angles in the movie and there are some promo shots where he looks extra jacked. Then you also see a lot of stills from the movie and certain angles where he looks a lot more like the thinner physique of the figure.

I think people are hung up on that idealized look of Bane and want the figure to be more jacked than Hardy is in real life.

As far as Cat Woman...as long as the hair isn't a problem, this might be their most perfect upcoming figur

They do actually make new bodies for many characters like Perseus, Leonidas, all the T-800's, Cap, Thor, etc. Anytime they do that HT will specify it in the specs as "newly developed body". But it’s true that they also use the existing platforms, like many figures are on what are essentially TTM18’s and Indy is on a TTM19

I'm still a little undecided about Bane. There are certain angles in the movie and there are some promo shots where he looks extra jacked. Then you also see a lot of stills from the movie and certain angles where he looks a lot more like the thinner physique of the figure.

I think people are hung up on that idealized look of Bane and want the figure to be more jacked than Hardy is in real life.

As far as Cat Woman...as long as the hair isn't a problem, this might be their most perfect upcoming figur

This is one of the things that turns me off of Cat Woman vs. Black Widow. She gets a new body "highlighting her distinctive body shape" but CW gets put on a regular female one. I will still probably get her but wish they put more into it.

This is one of the things that turns me off of Cat Woman vs. Black Widow. She gets a new body "highlighting her distinctive body shape" but CW gets put on a regular female one. I will still probably get her but wish they put more into it.

Scarlett Johansson is curvier than Anne Hatheway, hence probably the need for the more distinctive body shape.

Just because some people like big butts, doesn't mean we need to give every female figure a big butt - these are supposed to represent the characters, not any given individual's "female ideal."

Besides, the flatter the butt, the happier I am :lol I like skinny girls, I don't like butts.

We are really seriously talking about the butt detail on a toy?
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

We are really seriously talking about the butt detail on a toy?
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Detail *period*

It's about screen accuracy. Just because it happens to be the figure's lower region doesn't mean anything other than the fact that it's misshapen. I, for one, see these figures as works of art. Inaccuracies, by default, niggle me. How's that for nerdy answer?

Back