1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats man! Enjoy. I bought the evil version for a very noce price since this one was getting too pricey.

Thanks for the link! BTW, if you don't mind me asking another question, how easy/difficult was it to install this? Do I need to remove the clothes to disassemble the body?

I think my figure may have this neck issue to. The head basically just sits in the joint but never actually clicks in as it should. The hole doesn't seem deep enough almost. I've always had him in a museum pose so it isn't noticeable but if I tip him forward slightly the head just falls off. Rules out any kind of flying pose.

Thanks for the link! BTW, if you don't mind me asking another question, how easy/difficult was it to install this? Do I need to remove the clothes to disassemble the body?

Pop the head off and you will see the neck connector within the neck.

I used a small jewelry pliers to grab the cracked one and pull it out. It was in surprisingly tight so be careful not to damage the outer rubber neck.

I used a hair dryer to heat up the new neck connector and attached the head to it. Then I lined it up and pushed the head and neck down into the body until I felt it lock in place. It doesn't click in or anything but you should be able to feel it connect.

Other people may have an easier way to do this swap. Not sure my way is the best.

hot toys superman vectorpunkmods.jpg
hot toys reeve vecmods.jpg

Congrats Matrix! I've modded bits and pieces of mine. I have no intention of selling it and I'm not worried I'll damage it. I've updated it with hair, torso, neck and cape mods. At some point I'll have to try davejames "S" decal mod as it looks more authentic to me.

Attachments

• hot toys superman_vectorpunk mods.jpg
    hot toys superman_vectorpunk mods.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 178
  • hot toys superman vectorpunkmods2.jpg
    hot toys superman vectorpunkmods2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 187
I just managed to get this for a great price, and I was wondering what are some of the easier mods to do to it? Someone mentioned a neck mod? Is that the same one as with the battle damaged T1 Terminator where you just stuffed the neck with stuff to fill it out more?

I don't believe the figure really requires any actual mods other than perhaps replacing the suit for a more accurate S glyph.

How much are they and where can I order?

The only one I'm aware of that was somewhat mass produced was Tony Mei's. Not sure if he's still making them though. There was another one in a video that I posted on page 1438, but that person contacted an actual superhero 1/1 replica costume producer and had them fashion a 1/6 scale suit. As mentioned, that apparently cost $1300.

If you want to change the glyph on the suit and cape to look a bit better (which was really the main purpose for getting a new suit anyway), you might at this point want to just consider doing what davejames did on page 1439.

The only one I'm aware of that was somewhat mass produced was Tony Mei's. Not sure if he's still making them though.

I asked him about it about a year or two ago (maybe longer) if he'd make more and he said no b/c it was the hardest thing he'd ever done. Though now he's saying the BvS batman cape was the most difficult thing he's ever done so maybe he just says that as a general reason to not do more runs :lol can't blame him. he has no obligation to do any more than he wants to. One can dream though

Bloody hell, the box for this thing. I thought it was the same size as a regular Hot Toy box just shaped as the superman crest and I figured I could just pop it in my bag on my way home. Needless to say I was surprised when I actually got it in hand.

Back