1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep 2 supes: Custom & Original.
The custom Not totally evil supes. I just want to have this guy older and the cryptonite is not his biggest fear anymore. Also combination on after battle cape.....maybe gonna do a bit on tearing parts later. Drop the green color on the pupil suggesting he conquers everything especially his weakness:

https://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1699/gsu6.jpg

Custom by caplank.

I keep 2 supes: Custom & Original.
The custom Not totally evil supes. I just want to have this guy older and the cryptonite is not his biggest fear anymore. Also combination on after battle cape.....maybe gonna do a bit on tearing parts later. Drop the green color on the pupil suggesting he conquers everything especially his weakness:

https://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1699/gsu6.jpg

Custom by caplank.

I like the concept and your figure kicks hot toys evil versions backside.
Excellent job:)

Still one of the best figures! :clap

image-1.jpg

image.jpg
Simple, effective, and bad-***!

Great pics.
I love flying poses best too.
So much detail in the face in this one.
A well taken shot could have been a still from the movie.

IMG_2967done_zps33b4fbbb.jpg

IMG_2962done_zps271d012f.jpg

IMG_2913done_zps74d124a1.jpg

IMG_2932done_zpsd80186c8.jpg

IMG_2982done_zps03068d58.jpg

IMG_2928done_zps091a0b03.jpg

wow! how the heck did you make those flight pose without seeing wires or anything?.very impressive

wow! how the heck did you make those flight pose without seeing wires or anything?.very impressive

You'll believe a toy can fly.

Awesome flying shots.

Thanks guys.
Very simply done.
I had him up on a ten foot pole on a nice sunny day and took a few hundred images from various angles with the arms/head in various poses.

Then i very crudely photoshopped out the pole.
I only did ten images in total.
Gallery here: https://s52.photobucket.com/user/Al...Reeve Superman images?sort=6&start=all&page=1

Here are the shots before and after(It's easy to see where the pole was if you are looking. I think the whole point is that in general, most people are drawn to the figure and aren't looking for where the pole was.
Also, notice that i had to clone out the waist grabber stand holding him to the pole):

IMG_2913a_zps655b398b.jpg

IMG_2913done_zps8279afbd.jpg

IMG_2932a_zpsc06c70ac.jpg

IMG_2932done_zps8e6ee116.jpg

IMG_2962a_zpsa96bb48c.jpg

IMG_2962done_zps7338aca7.jpg

IMG_2982a_zps7874b198.jpg

IMG_2982done_zps537cb166.jpg

I wonder if anyone can help with a slight issue I have with my Supes figure? I got one that was perfect out of the box, but after a while the front \S/ loosened and shifted slightly, and I used the head for a Clark Kent custom. I got a new one and the \S/ on the back is printed imperfectly, there's a bit of black smeared on the yellow.

I thought I might be able to switch the capes out, but as it's sewn in that's a no go. I would like to take the good rear \S/ from the first figure to replace the dodgy one. I was thinking a hairdryer on a low heat would do the trick to get them off, but what adhesive should be used to re-apply it? Any tips would be appreciated.

Show off! You still, bar none, have my favorite HT Superman shots of all time. Spectacular.

Thanks a lot. I have used that technique for years to photograph flying models.
All you need to replicate those shots with a HT figure is a waist grabber, at least six feet of 10mm tubing, and something to attach it all to so that you can stand under the figure and get pictures shooting straight up at a blue sky.
Lens flares and clouds are okay as they help sell the fact he's actually there, but the most important thing is bright sunshine. It helps tie the images together in a way that a picture taken in your living room and edited into a sunny sky will never look right due to the shadows being different.
After you have the source images, all you need to do is clone out the background. I only took about ten minutes per image with mine to save time, but it's possible to do a lot better than i did.

I just picked up the EX for $200 flat, and this figure is amazing. I cant believe how cheap this guy is. The bare bone HT release are now $195, and this guy has an awesome base and plenty posability. Im glad I got him after acquiring Evil Superman.

Can some one please give me the full dimensions of the box, each piece separately, I would greatly appreciate it!

Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

What kind of paint did you use on the figures armor and boots?

Back