1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

You can see it quite clearly here in Tinister's pics...

Love the simple grace of this figure. Finally getting around to posting some pics of mine.
sup_cover.jpg
sup_cover2.jpg
sup_cover3.jpg

I would normally advise silicone spray to protect the rubber, but I don't know if more damage would be done trying to undress him enough to apply it.

Anybody have the "Evil" SDCC in hand yet? I would love to see some pics of the 2 Supermans together...

....wait...no I don't...if I see them...I will want to get the evil one...

can pre order the evil version with sideshow now. $215 way too expensive for me. especially when the suit is just a darker colour, rather than all dirty and messed up like in the film!

can pre order the evil version with sideshow now. $215 way too expensive for me. especially when the suit is just a darker colour, rather than all dirty and messed up like in the film!

Have we seen the same movie? His suit IS just a darker color in the film. Not dirty and messed up at all. Sure, his hair is a little messier and he hasn't shaved in a day, but he's not covered in grime or filth.

My theory as to why the suit is darker and grimey is because Gus added Tar to the chemical components of the Kryptonite and that was the resulting affect it had.

superman-iii-2.png

My theory as to why the suit is darker and grimey is because Gus added Tar to the chemical components of the Kryptonite and that was the resulting affect it had.

superman-iii-2.png

It’s dirty because he ripped open an oil tanker and he hit the bottle got his leg over and is just a dirty birdy:lol

superman-iii-2.png

You could be right about that.
But there's also the possibility that his change in mental state caused the change. After all, when he breaks free of the effects, his suit is the normal colour again.
It's almost like the suit's cleanliness and bright primary colours broadcast that all is right with him. And if something goes wrong, the suit changes colour as a warning...

You could be right about that.
But there's also the possibility that his change in mental state caused the change. After all, when he breaks free of the effects, his suit is the normal colour again.
It's almost like the suit's cleanliness and bright primary colours broadcast that all is right with him. And if something goes wrong, the suit changes colour as a warning...

Or, it's a terrible movie and Richard Lester said, "Gah! When he's evil he needs a darker suit! Otherwise nobody will know he's evil. Now, somebody go get Richard Prior some Skis and a cape!"

For a second there I thought you might be describing an upcoming Superman sequel directed by Uwe Boll. ;)

Still playing catch up on collecting, but I just got this CR Reeve in the mail today. Superman has always been my favorite character and this figure brought back the kid in me. I can't wait to get another display case to feature him in.
. . .maybe have an evil Supes alongside him as well ;)

Hi guys, I'll post this in the for sale section but thought I'd here as well. Bills are adding up after the move recently and if anyone is interested I have the Hot Toys CR Superman complete but with the Moes outfit which is more movie accurate. I love this figure but need to pay a few bills. Its awesome though and Moes outfit is much better than the one Hot Toys has for the figure. Please shoot me a pm if interested in the figure, much rather sell it to a fellow freak than ebay. I can email pics as well. Its complete with the original packaging including the brown shipper. Its the regular version though and doesn't have the kryptonite. Thanks guys.

Hi guys. I'm new around these parts. Just bought my first ever 1/6 scale figure and went for the ole Boy Scout. The Reeve movies played such a huge part of my childhood and I'm absolutely stoked to have this amazing figure in my superhero display. Any tips or advice for a first-time Hot Toys owner?

Hi guys. I'm new around these parts. Just bought my first ever 1/6 scale figure and went for the ole Boy Scout. The Reeve movies played such a huge part of my childhood and I'm absolutely stoked to have this amazing figure in my superhero display. Any tips or advice for a first-time Hot Toys owner?

Uh... don't get it wet or feed it after midnight?

Hey there Rob.
Just be careful with the fabric of the suit. It's a fine material and will get runs if you handle it roughly.
Other than that, it's a fine first choice of a figure.
Welcome to the forums.

Welcome aboard! Nice choice for a beginning figure! :wave

:welcome

Thanks guys. :) I'll make sure to be careful handling it. Something tells me this is going to be the start of a new hobby...

Back