1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I also recommend the free version of Avast to friends who aren't comfortable enough to run without that kind of software. Except for Windows 7 when they can just use Microsoft's own tools.

No idea why it would complain about that web site. I would probably turn off the page scanning feature anyway, but that's just me. I've never run any virus monitoring software on any of my computers (going back 30 years now).

Actually, I also recommend the free version of Avast to friends who aren't comfortable enough to run without that kind of software. Except for Windows 7 when they can just use Microsoft's own tools.

No idea why it would complain about that web site. I would probably turn off the page scanning feature anyway, but that's just me. I've never run any virus monitoring software on any of my computers (going back 30 years now).

Yeah, I'm not sure why the alert came up. Nevertheless, apologies for the false warning everyone.

Hey guys, I missed out on this guy when he came out and really need him in my collection. I can get him new in box for 250 shipped on ebay, is that decent or should I look somewhere else?

Hey guys, I missed out on this guy when he came out and really need him in my collection. I can get him new in box for 250 shipped on ebay, is that decent or should I look somewhere else?

In my opinion I would wait. Hot Toys will eventually be making a DX version with him in his Superman suit and Regular Clark Cent. Or they may also just make another regular superman from 2 or 4 MMS style. The prices on eBay are ridiculous. I have also missed out but holding out for them to make another.

In my opinion I would wait. Hot Toys will eventually be making a DX version with him in his Superman suit and Regular Clark Cent. Or they may also just make another regular superman from 2 or 4 MMS style. The prices on eBay are ridiculous. I have also missed out but holding out for them to make another.

Well I certainly wouldn’t want a superman from IV. Okay I guess I will hold for a better deal or wait for a future figure. I didn’t think 250 was that bad but if its a lot more than the retail price then forget it.

Well I certainly wouldn’t want a superman from IV. Okay I guess I will hold for a better deal or wait for a future figure. I didn’t think 250 was that bad but if its a lot more than the retail price then forget it.

It's a good figure it really is but I don't think it's totally worth it. If you want it go ahead and jump on it I'm not stopping you. I just think Hot Toys will be improving more on it in the future like the Evil version has some improvements. If they make a DX set than its a holy grail for me. Just my two cents.

It's a good figure it really is but I don't think it's totally worth it. If you want it go ahead and jump on it I'm not stopping you. I just think Hot Toys will be improving more on it in the future like the Evil version has some improvements. If they make a DX set than its a holy grail for me. Just my two cents.

Yea I hear you man, what improvements has the evil Superman made? I thought it was just a repaint :slap

How would you tell the difference between a Superman from II or IV? Same suit, same sculpt. Chris Reeve didn't change much between 1978 and 1987.

Tha being said, I can't imagine a DX Reeve looking better than the MMS version. The whole moving eyes thing doesn't look very good on the figures NOT wearing mascara.

Yea I hear you man, what improvements has the evil Superman made? I thought it was just a repaint :slap

Well most think it is but I believe the head sculpt was tweaked with the clothing being darkened but the first Superman the suit was super bright and sparkled. So the suit itself was tweaked also. Besides the new base that's really it. Both great figures. I'm just holding out for a DX set. Not much but in the future Hot Toys will improve much greater.

How would you tell the difference between a Superman from II or IV? Same suit, same sculpt. Chris Reeve didn't change much between 1978 and 1987.

Tha being said, I can't imagine a DX Reeve looking better than the MMS version. The whole moving eyes thing doesn't look very good on the figures NOT wearing mascara.

I actually thought reeves hair in 2 was much different from the other films. Seems different to me. Also think if Hot Toys were to make another the suit can be toned from the first but not as dark as the Evil version. So there is things to do plus give us Clark Kent!

I wouldn’t be able to tell, but it would be the fact that its from that movie. Like the evil superman. I think it looks great but I don’t want it because its from the third film. Same for spiderman 3 figures.

How likely do you think it will happen?

At SDCC, the evil Supes head just looked like a repainted regular Supes head.

Having owned the regular and seen the evil one in person, I have to say they are one in the same. If there are any changes, it's negligible. He has no scowling expression like the peanuts at the bar scene. Or a look of disgust like he had fighting Clark Kent. If he had, it would have been an instant buy for me.

Just got this guy in, awesome figure, only thing is his neck seems to be wet, anyone else have this problem? Can it harm the figure in anyway?

Back