1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Hey guys... I know I am really late to the party on this guy but I just got around to opening this one up today and I took some quick shots along with a YouTube video. Since he has been around for a while I made it not only to review him but more of a tribute to Reeve. :)

DSC_1402-1.jpg

DSC_1401-5.jpg

DSC_1397-4.jpg

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p50J0PTR3o&feature=plcp[/ame]

Hey guys... I know I am really late to the party on this guy but I just got around to opening this one up today and I took some quick shots along with a YouTube video. Since he has been around for a while I made it not only to review him but more of a tribute to Reeve. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p50J0PTR3o&feature=plcp

I saw your Black Spidey review. You convinced me to get it :) Great stuff and thanks for your reviews!

I saw your Black Spidey review. You convinced me to get it :) Great stuff and thanks for your reviews!

No problem..and enjoy Spidey!! He's another great looking figure.

Thanks!!

Please pardon me for interrupting the flow of the conversation, but didn't Arnie Kim say something on Facebook or somewhere that he had been commisioned to sculpt a Reeve Clark Kent head as well, at the same time he sculpted Supes? I seem to remember someone here on SF, maybe in the old thread, reposting pics from Arnie's post where he had side by side portrait shots of Reeve as both Supes and Kent (not the headsculpts, just vintage WB studio portraits of Reeve). Any idea what happened to Clark?

I have and love this figure...:) I still chuckle every time I look at it and remember all the post with "fail" and looks like "Tom Cruise".. I bet sometimes the folks at HT just get a huge kick out of all this...:)

Please pardon me for interrupting the flow of the conversation, but didn't Arnie Kim say something on Facebook or somewhere that he had been commisioned to sculpt a Reeve Clark Kent head as well, at the same time he sculpted Supes?

He showed off a private work (perhaps a commission) of a 1/4 scale Reeve as Superman. It was impressive. I can't find the image right now.

Just saw this video. Wow!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWt-Yu-Y8Fc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I don't want to make waves or anything but is there a reason why my post never made it up in this thread?

I posted some pics of my HT Superman but they never came up.

Can anyone tell me why? Should I try it again? :(

Maybe try a different picture host. I don't see where you posted in this thread before.

I don't want to make waves or anything but is there a reason why my post never made it up in this thread?

I posted some pics of my HT Superman but they never came up.

Can anyone tell me why? Should I try it again? :(

im-not-saying-its-a-conspiracy-its-aliens.jpg

Maybe try a different picture host. I don't see where you posted in this thread before.
It couldn't be the host, I've posted other pics in other threads on this board with no problem.

I'll try again and see what happens....

photo0077qt.jpg

photo00764.jpg

Here goes nothing...

I finally got around to ordering this guy, in my mind there is no other Superman period. While I think the new version looks interesting, you just can't replace Christopher Reeve as Superman. He's timeless and classic at the same time. I can't wait to get him in the mail. Now I just need to choose which Batman he'll look best with..

I finally got around to ordering this guy, in my mind there is no other Superman period. While I think the new version looks interesting, you just can't replace Christopher Reeve as Superman. He's timeless and classic at the same time. I can't wait to get him in the mail. Now I just need to choose which Batman he'll look best with..

The answer is...

What is the HT Michael Keaton DX.

The answer is...

What is the HT Michael Keaton DX.

11kxyqo.jpg

Correct. That was the daily double so that brings your cool points to 1,000.

No red underoos or Reeve, not Superman.

25q4vgx.jpg

To me this outfit looks awful, and WTF is up with the hair?

11kxyqo.jpg

Correct. That was the daily double so that brings your cool points to 1,000.

No red underoos or Reeve, not Superman.

25q4vgx.jpg

To me this outfit looks awful, and WTF is up with the hair?

I agree with you there. I can't stand this "New Look" DC has come up with this "New 52" crap. It just ain't superman to me. I'll see the movie but I think I'll wait till it's out on cable. I'm not wasting my money on a fake Superman movie.

As far as which Batman the HT Supes looks best with, It's definitely the 89 Keaton Batman. That's the one I've got on order. :)

I agree with you there. I can't stand this "New Look" DC has come up with this "New 52" crap. It just ain't superman to me. I'll see the movie but I think I'll wait till it's out on cable. I'm not wasting my money on a fake Superman movie.

As far as which Batman the HT Supes looks best with, It's definitely the 89 Keaton Batman. That's the one I've got on order. :)

All black Batsuit, no details, nothing fancy, just muscle mold. The colder the Batsuit, the better.

I wasn't really a fan of Superman Returns but I think that Supes suit changed my mind. They mixed it up with a sleeker look in SR but it was basically the same suit.

Christopher Reeve started and ended the mold. It's a shame Reeve & Keaton never met face to face on screen.

Them in a film about Batman & Superman... would destroy 2/3 of the Earth in epicness.

The new suit does look very good, but yeah, with no red underpants it doesn't look complete

Back