1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Very, very, nice.

Love that pose. It really works well when viewed above the figure. Iconic Supes, right there.

Just pulled the trigger on this...imagining that it will look great next to the upcoming keaton bats!

Nice posing! Real excellent!

Tweaked the neck and head to tilt a bit more towards the camera's direction. Now I'm happy with the pose! And this'll keep for a long while.

i was debating to myself if I want a hovering or a standing-proud pose, as these are also classic Superman poses, but finally decided on a flying pose, really iconic...

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Wish I had a better camera, though...

That's one of the best poses I've seen and certainly the best flight pose.

If you take the image from him above (the top pic) you could easily make a poster or comic cover out of it like he's blasting through a wall. Good job.

If you're going to look how the Face was sculpted, it looks like his smiling..

Why, thank you, thank you very much! Appreciate your votes of confidence!

Although, truth be told, when viewed from the side, it seems that that pose is really awkward. Just goes to show how comic art is really so far off from reality...

Tweaked the neck and head to tilt a bit more towards the camera's direction. Now I'm happy with the pose! And this'll keep for a long while.

i was debating to myself if I want a hovering or a standing-proud pose, as these are also classic Superman poses, but finally decided on a flying pose, really iconic...

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Wish I had a better camera, though...

That pose is truly fantastic. :bow I'd be tempted to try it if I hadn't settled on a standing pose.

The only thing that looks a little off about it (and this could be partly due to lens distortion) is that the bend in the torso might be a tiny bit too extreme. It's not really noticeable when he's looking right at the camera, but in the last pic my eyes go straight to his right side. It almost looks like he's cramping up a bit there.

Other than that the curves of the pose are very natural. The tilt in the torso is definitely necessary. It creates the feel that he's leading with a powerful fist, so great call there. I'd suggest just dialing that one joint back a bit. :peace

Thanks, Maglor. I'll try to do your torso suggestion when I change the pose again to the right, trying to get this pose,

25893_77_big.jpg

which is just a reverse of my previous pose.

I'll post the pics as soon as I'm done.

Changed the pose, and this is what I got. Sorry for the iPad pics, wish I have a better camera. I'm gonna get one one of these days, and post better ones for sure.

25893_77_big.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

Just panning the shots from below going up...

Wow, I can't believe you actually started from square one and were able to do it identically on the other side! I do think I like the over-all execution of the left fist first pose better though.

This pic shows what I'm talking about with the torso.

Perhaps you should stop listening to me at this point, but forget about trying to get it as identical to that comic pic as you can and go for what looks natural.

To be clear, your posing is fantastic.

i think this is the best flying pose i have ever saw

I agree. :)

Back