1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

World's Finest together at last. Can't wait.

6701508417_8a5d074dda_b.jpg

This pic reminds me of this Doom track. All about Supes and Bats underlying tendencies. :lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/WgoEB7E2VqE[/ame]

I thought having the core Avengers would be my ideal Hot Toys group display but the World's Finest have them beat hands down. I can just picture Superman hovering behind Batman now. Oh wait, excuse me, i think i may have to change my pants.

I see that Batman has ninja stars.. where in the movie were these used?

Hey people, I just got my Superman out of the box tonight, & I've gotta say, this is one exceptional piece!

On a slightly less positive note, I've been fiddling around with the figure for quite a while now. On first inspection, I noticed the little thin wire in the cape has become exposed in a couple of places. It's poking out on the left side of his collar where the cape meets his suit, & at the bottom right corner of the cape. Has anyone else had this happen with theirs?

Also, the wire in the right side of the cape seems to be less malleable than the left, so it's not staying in the shapes that I'm trying to create that well - i.e; hanging straight down with some nice natural pleats. Rather - it's wanting to splay outwards & behind a bit.

Here's what he looks like currently - I just took a $h!tty camera pic for now:

400560338.jpg

Any advice on a remedy at all guys? :dunno

I had a bit of wire that would stick out on the collar like you and at the very end of the cape. In my case I was able to push it back it enough with a toothpick. The bottom of the cape can be straightened out and you can slowly inch the cloth over to the direction you want. The cape can be made to look natural but it does take time to shape as I discovered.
greenfullsmall-vi.jpg

If Hot Toys made a "convention" exclusive of a blue and gray Batman, kind of like the "Milk" War Machine, that would be an even more EPIC display for Superman.

comicbatmanprojectbluet.jpg

Very cool... Totally reminds me of the Kenner "Iron Winch Batman" from their Dark Knight Collection series...

iwbats.jpg

Hot Toys could even call it "Iron Winch Batman" as an homage to the old school Kenner Batman fans. :lol

Sallah

Yeah, I saw your pic earlier mst3kpimp - that looks really nice man!

I guess I'll make an attempt to get that wire back in slowly - although I've discovered quite disappointingly since having gotten into these 'high end' 1/6 figures.. that being patient with these things, isn't one of my strong points. :lol

I contacted SS 2 weeks ago about a refund/replacement as my "S" shield was really crooked and with a hole in it - not to mention a shiny spot on the forehead. I just got a reply from them...

I wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that a replacement order has been booked for the Superman Body with Head only. The body will include the torso, arms, legs, head and suit. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your replacement order to ship at no cost to you.

Upon receipt of your replacement, please destroy your damaged part(s) only per the instructions below and provide photos within 5 business days. If we do not receive your photos in this time, you will be charged for the extra piece.

Is this typical of SS to send out loose replacement parts? Seems a shame to have to destroy the other body too.

I contacted SS 2 weeks ago about a refund/replacement as my "S" shield was really crooked and with a hole in it - not to mention a shiny spot on the forehead. I just got a reply from them...

I wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that a replacement order has been booked for the Superman Body with Head only. The body will include the torso, arms, legs, head and suit. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your replacement order to ship at no cost to you.

Upon receipt of your replacement, please destroy your damaged part(s) only per the instructions below and provide photos within 5 business days. If we do not receive your photos in this time, you will be charged for the extra piece.

Is this typical of SS to send out loose replacement parts? Seems a shame to have to destroy the other body too.

how are you supposed to destroy said parts?

Smash them with a hammer and take pics as proof.

Out of curiousity has anyone tried to make a custom clark? Can't imagine it being difficult or is everyone led to believe hot toys will eventually come out with a separate one?

Finaly got my 2nd fortress going to get about three more ....but look's Amazing with just two but want more ha ha.....:rock:rock:rock

Finaly got my 2nd fortress going to get about three more ....but look's Amazing with just two but want more ha ha.....:rock:rock:rock

I have 6 now. My wife got me 3 more at christmas, cause she knows I want to build a full fortress dio!

At the moment they are sitting in a box, someday!

:lol

Back