1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Got the figure for Christmas. He really is something special.

I inspected him when he was shipped just in case, but I missed the fact that he is missing the plug in the right thigh. I remember somebody else having the same problem with his. Not that big of a deal to me and it's not really that noticeable. Still interesting that multiples have the same issue. Oh well.

I have that same issue! SSC is looking into what they can do for me :)

great figure! but i got a snag on a part of the suit of the costume when i was trying to display it. So, What to do? If i buy an extra suit off of ebay, how hard is it to put on? If anyone has any experience that would be great. thanks

I'm told its not too hard - the tricky part is taking the belt apart as its glued together. I haven't attempted it myself yet. My first Supes had 4 snags on him and my replacement has one rather large snag on his leg - and that's before I even took him out of the box. I'd like to get a suit off Ebay and swap it. Trick is getting a snag-free one with a straight shield. Wish we could just contact HT directly about this.

Anyone who has encountered those annoying snags there is a solution. I think it has been mentioned before but you can work them out if they are not to deep. Pinch the fabric where the snag is and roll it through your fingers. This will work the fabric around and make the snag almost invisible. I would suggest wearing a latex glove when doing this to prevent any further snags.

Anyone who has encountered those annoying snags there is a solution. I think it has been mentioned before but you can work them out if they are not to deep. Pinch the fabric where the snag is and roll it through your fingers. This will work the fabric around and make the snag almost invisible. I would suggest wearing a latex glove when doing this to prevent any further snags.

Thanks for the advice - but I think I misspoke when I said my outfit has a snag. Its more like a run in the sheer fabric. Got a fix for that?

I have that same issue! SSC is looking into what they can do for me :)

Unfortunately, I don't see what could be done even if they did provide a new plug as the suit is skin tight. The suit could very easily be damaged trying to install the missing plug part. It might be best to leave it as is.

Thanks for the advice - but I think I misspoke when I said my outfit has a snag. Its more like a run in the sheer fabric. Got a fix for that?

If it looks like this then yes you can work them out.

84436718.jpg

I used a pair of finger nail clippers to carefully trim the snagged threads. Then work out the run with your fingers. Should work fine unless it is deeper then the one shown above.

If it looks like this then yes you can work them out.

84436718.jpg

I used a pair of finger nail clippers to carefully trim the snagged threads. Then work out the run with your fingers. Should work fine unless it is deeper then the one shown above.

I would work on the run first, then clip any extra thread. By working it, pulling at the two end of the run you actually pull the snagged thread back in.

I need to vent...I'm a little pissed with the packaging...on my 2nd Supes the clamshell that holds the HS in place has a indentation designed I guess to prevent it from moving around...I personally believe that's what's causing some of the shiny spots as they all seem to be on the left side of the face. Dumb move...they should have packaged it the way they normally do. While its not bad on the 2nd its slightly marked up and is making my OCD ping ping ping ping ping!

Last edited:

I need to vent...I'm a little pissed with the packaging...on my 2nd Supes the clamshell that holds the HS in place has a indentation designed I guess to prevent it from moving around...I personally believe that's what's causing some of the shiny spots as they all seem to be on the left side of the face. Dumb move...they should have packaged it the way they normally do. While its not bad on the 2nd its slightly marked up and is making my OCD ping ping ping ping ping!

group-therapy-1.jpg

picture.php

Unfortunately, I don't see what could be done even if they did provide a new plug as the suit is skin tight. The suit could very easily be damaged trying to install the missing plug part. It might be best to leave it as is.

No way that I'm leaving it as is. I blew over $200 on him, and I want a figure that doesn't have a hole in his leg.

SSC'd better make sure that they send me a new body, of which the suit is intact. If they cannot provide, I'll contact Hot Toys directly and complain.

There just really is no way that I can let something like this slide. Especially considering how it would hurt the resale value.

If you buy a new car at a dealership, and they deliver it with a dent in it, would you drive it off the lot?

Just be-careful in undressing Supes, ... I've done changing at least 4 times now, without creating a pinch..

No way that I'm leaving it as is. I blew over $200 on him, and I want a figure that doesn't have a hole in his leg.

SSC'd better make sure that they send me a new body, of which the suit is intact. If they cannot provide, I'll contact Hot Toys directly and complain.

There just really is no way that I can let something like this slide. Especially considering how it would hurt the resale value.

If you buy a new car at a dealership, and they deliver it with a dent in it, would you drive it off the lot?

Bad analogy I suppose... more like your car missing a floor mat. A plug hole is really a trivial problem...

Unlike broken hips... even with this I'm not asking a refund/replacement. (Which I'm entitled) I've plugs on mine:
broken_superman_body.jpg

@ Bandito: The point is, I would need to break part of my collectible figure to replace the part (I would need to break the belt then reglue). And it's fine that you undressed your Supes 4 times without having a hitch in terms of snags, etc. But the point is, I shouldn't have to take that risk.

Hardly the same as a doormat missing on a car which can be easily replaced, and is nowhere near as obvious as a big dent in your figures leg.

And you should ask for a refund/replacement with your figure's broken hips. You paid for a new item that is marketed as high-end, yet you receive something that is broken and in no way acceptable.

There is no way you should settle for anything other than what you paid for. Especially considering the item's cost, and what us collectors ultimately have in mind, the future value of these things!

J
Bad analogy I suppose... more like your car missing a floor mat. A plug hole is really a trivial problem...

Unlike broken hips... even with this I'm not asking a refund/replacement. (Which I'm entitled) I've plugs on mine:
broken_superman_body.jpg

Wy in the world wouldn't you ask for a replacement for that? Did you break them?

Wy in the world wouldn't you ask for a replacement for that? Did you break them?

Nope, arrived as such, not worth the time for me to resent and wait a few weeks for the return... though sending postage will be refunded.

I suppose it'll just take 1 hour of my time to repair. The Man of Steel will have Stainless steel hips (pin inserts)

My Supes is almost here, been tracking it on Fedex site, currently at Bris customs.

Last edited:

Just be-careful in undressing Supes, ... I've done changing at least 4 times now, without creating a pinch..

Is there a way to do that without breaking the belt? It's mentioned that the belt is not meant to be removed in the instruction manual. If I got a replacement plug, I was just hoping that I could roll up the pant leg and install the missing part, but I don't that that will be possible. I'd have to remove the whole suit and break the belt seal.

Is there a way to do that without breaking the belt? It's mentioned that the belt is not meant to be removed in the instruction manual. If I got a replacement plug, I was just hoping that I could roll up the pant leg and install the missing part, but I don't that that will be possible. I'd have to remove the whole suit and break the belt seal.

lower leg plug... easily (roll it up)..

thigh plug rather, hard though

Back