1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I remember seeing your vid posted on youtube last week maybe, you did a excellent job and i will be doing the same to mine soon.

Yep, no snags or anything wrong with the EX I received for SST.

I encourage you take the time to work with your cape as it has the potential to really make Supes pop!

Agreed!

mg4775.jpg

All you guys complaining about the cape need to work with it more. Yes it comes messy & unbalanced whereas the movie cape had an elegant structure. I looked at some stills and videos of the real cape and saw that it had alot of folds which allowed it to expand or shrink as needed. I wanted a resting type pose so I tried to smooth out the wire and began shaping. I slowly worked in some folds with my fingers and a bic pen. I tried to maintain an overall balance to bring the wingspan down and look more in scale with the body. I made it so the sides curved out as well. It's not perfect but you can see it makes a big difference and really sells it from all angles. Now I'm even more pleased with the figure as the cape has character. I encourage you take the time to work with your cape as it has the potential to really make Supes pop!

heres a video of the figure as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBUagSRkDg

Thanks for the video, I'll definitely keep it in mind if I get a Superman figure. I'm still contemplating...but it's almost my birthday and Christmas so... we'll see haha.

I think those concerned with the fold in the cape are maybe talking about the upper portion of the cape on top of the shoulders/around the neck. In the film the cape laid on top of Mr. Reeve's shoulders folded 3-4 times...where as Hot Toy's cape sorta lacks the folds and has a either rumpled or flat look...You know how Thor's cape has the folds on the top? That's kinda what Superman needs. However I don't think that will be possible to achieve as there is not enough cape to keep folding and folding haha.:slap

But meh... with a fantastic headsculpt no one is likely to notice the minor cape details. :lol

I Just screwed the cape into a ball then flattened it out, people see it and say. "you really need to Iron the cape"

Great futzing mst3kpimp! :clap

don't mean to nitpick, but have you tried centering the 'S'?
Actually I did but I took that photo before I played with the S, it looks better now.

My brother bought one figure from a store online for 220 shipped. Not bad.

The great news, THEY SENT HIM THREE FIGURES AND ONLY CHARGED FOR ONE.

I guess we'll both be getting a free superman.

Now thats what I call a happy accident.

Awesome so you and your brother are thieves. Awesome! :rock

Awesome so you and your brother are thieves. Awesome! :rock

It's amazing that if the situation was reversed, he'd be freaking out. But it's ok to take advantage of the situation when it favored him. (Get's on high horse) Personally I'd call and send them back... and be honest. But that is just me. :)

Maybe they'd reward the honesty, who knows....not that expectation of reward should be the motivating factor in being honest.

I dig thinking on the toy seller, whose profit margins are likely already thin as a razor, having to wear this loss so you and your brother can enjoy your free dollies. I mean it's Christmas an' all, why not rip someone off.

Haha yeah my bro called the company. Not sure how they could have messed that up tho

I dig thinking on the toy seller, whose profit margins are likely already thin as a razor, having to wear this loss so you and your brother can enjoy your free dollies. I mean it's Christmas an' all, why not rip someone off.

:goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

Back