1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

IMG_4964.jpg

Wellp...
Caved in and bought it. Anyone else for the Comic-Con book as a gift?

I've thoroughly inspected my Superman and he's near flawless. Guess I gotta go eat crow for all the hating I did with Hot Toys (not saying it still isnt deserved I just don't have a right say anything right now).

Thankfully no shiny sculpt. Only thing to tinker around with is the wrinkled cape from being in the box which I don't mind one bit since it's how I enjoy 1:6s best. Certainly a keeper and I'm sure Superman will continue to grow on me.

I, like a lot of you who have posted, have wanted this figure since I was 5. I actually tried to make my own several times before I realized there was more to it than just drawing Superman.

Just opened mine up, beautiful figure. No real issues with putting the base together cause I put it in hot water for a couple of minutes.

Awesome setup.

Have you thought of placing the kryptonite in another place (hand, etc)? The crotch area is a bit...:horror :)

I see what you mean...I'll give it a shot on changing it around.

Just opened mine up, beautiful figure. No real issues with putting the base together cause I put it in hot water for a couple of minutes.

I need to try this cuz that damn stand was falling all over the place.

I see what you mean...I'll give it a shot on changing it around.

I need to try this cuz that damn stand was falling all over the place.

I might also be a good idea to put it in cold water after it has been heated up and assembled.

Just a couple quick pics....Supes in my display room in the man cave & working with Bats to protect my desk from evil doers (like my wifey ;) )

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

OK, looks like I was a bit hasty declaring myself done with this toy. Sideshow finally responded to my replacement request about the crooked S-Shield, and are sending me a replacement piece. No offer of $25 refund at all. If it has a snag or two, I'll be fine with it, and long as the S is more centered.

I'm really loving this figure, I haven't found any issue with mine yet. He's at the top of the list and the best figure I've gotten this year, he looks wicked powerful next to my other figures. Here's hoping Capt. turns out as good.

My wife insists on me taking Superman's costume off so she can see what's giving him the big bulge. :(

My gf finally kicked Aldo Raine out of bed and is now having an affair with Superman.

It's ok though..i get it.:(

My wife insists on me taking Superman's costume off so she can see what's giving him the big bulge. :(

How's it going flosi? you should tell your wife that she should go and play with her own toys...:lol

Wellp...
Caved in and bought it. Anyone else for the Comic-Con book as a gift?

I've thoroughly inspected my Superman and he's near flawless. Guess I gotta go eat crow for all the hating I did with Hot Toys (not saying it still isnt deserved I just don't have a right say anything right now).

Thankfully no shiny sculpt. Only thing to tinker around with is the wrinkled cape from being in the box which I don't mind one bit since it's how I enjoy 1:6s best. Certainly a keeper and I'm sure Superman will continue to grow on me.

I, like a lot of you who have posted, have wanted this figure since I was 5. I actually tried to make my own several times before I realized there was more to it than just drawing Superman.

Although, I know ultimately a HT figure should be judged when in hand, it does make me extra excited when I hear people admit to having to take back some of the negativity once they get it home. Pics don't do it for alot of these figs. Thor, Spider-man and Cap come to mind. Iron Man always looked good in pics though. So has this Supes to me.

I cant wait to get mine!!!:yess:

My gf finally kicked Aldo Raine out of bed and is now having an affair with Superman.

It's ok though..i get it.:(

This is the first crush she's had on a figure... and I won't even have it in hand till tonight!

How's it going flosi? you should tell your wife that she should go and play with her own toys...:lol

:lol If I do that I might never get laid. :(

Too bad you never picked up the Spinal Tap figures, you could've handed her Derek Smalls' foil wrapped cucumber and said, "mystery solved!" :lol

Maybe substitute a 1/6 sock? :huh

Back