1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Since there have been so many great detail shots of this amazing figure, I decided to pay tribute to my favorite poster image from the 1978 campaign, using this outstanding figure as my model:

globe2.jpg

Awesome work Professor. I'm glad you ended up getting him.

I haven't had any issues with figures all year until i go pick this guy up and there is a tiny hole in the inner lower right thigh region god damn it.

This figure is marvelous though, just obviously very delicate as well.

Some of my pics...

i2u3pl.jpg

in5vzn.jpg

Though I'm not a big fan of the "sparkly" suit, it really looks great in these pics. :clap

One thing about returning the figure for "the silliest, slightest" things.

I do agree that most of us can be a bit ____ about this stuff however I didnt have nearly if any of these defects on my older figures. Ever.

So why are they on almost every HT figure I buy now? Not OK in my book.

Here is a list of the flaws I have gotten in recent HT releases and some have had way worse with the same figures.

Ex Batman/Bruce : shiny spot on head, fixed with dullcoat

Superman: slightly crooked logo with glue marks. shiny spot on head fixed with dull coat, a few snags (all minor)

Sweeny Todd: Foot pedals broken in box. glued them, still annoying

Spiderman - crooked eyes, had to take them off and reposition

Thats 4 out of the last 5 hot toys I have.

Before that the only other flaws I can remember are

Comedian - falling part

DX Batman - leaky juicefest, even with the hard plastic abs

Godfather, leg snapped off right out of the box, easy to fix with another TT

Anything else, which is still minimal, was caused by myself so i dont count.

Any way you chop it up things are bad now. I heard they delayed the release of the Classic predator due to QC issues. A wise move, they best be delaying things more to perfect the,. They will turn a bigger profit in the end

Oh boy, I thought I had a perfect one when I opened it, boy was I wrong. :lol

I have a reg. coming tomorrow, my second (my first is the ex.), can't wait to see what problems it has . . .

So wait... what ended up being wrong with your ex?

Given the problems im hearing others have i can live with my defects. But now i want to look at his crotch to see if there are any holes. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

the rest should be examined enough to say it;s tolerable for the most part

Ok, I heard back from SSC re: outfit flaws/snags.

Bottom Line: $25 Credit towards future purchase or partial refund to card charged are the only options available.

Here's a pic of mine, snags on each thigh, hard to see looking at the figure so I can live with it. :D

aaaasupesflaw.jpg

Mine came out of the box with two snags. One is pretty close to the shield. But I've had no intentions of getting a replacement. Earlier someone described a technique for futzing away the snags that actually works very well. You basically just work the fabric gently north/south to cover the opening and then carefully snip off any fabric that might be sticking up with a fine scissors. I don't even think about my snags anymore.

Mine also has a slightly crooked shield, but it can easily be futzed away. :)

Last edited:

Given the problems im hearing others have i can live with my defects. But now i want to look at his crotch to see if there are any holes. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

the rest should be examined enough to say it;s tolerable for the most part

Sounds kinda gay.

I can see the point on how superman is by all means plain compared to other figures. When I got this guy in I did do some fritzing to center out his S. That was all I noticed. Problem fixed, put on display.

Now when I go through this thread every now and then just to see what else may arise it trips me out how ppl catch little things I myself would have never noticed, glue marks, tiny snags, they have the 'eye' for this stuff. Some ppl say its being picky while others say its being thorough.

Take the glue marks for instance, I would have never noticed that on my own. After reading that and after looking, mine had it too, very unnoticable. Hell I didnt catch it but its there, am I gonna send it back? noooooo. Why? because its not noticeable and it doesnt bother me. Unless you KNOW its there 95% of people arent gonna see it and I bet most the ppl here didnt know about it until they read that post by the one person who caught it.

Look at batman. I was gonna keep mine boxed until I buy a glass display cabinet, but with all the problems being found I opened him up. Sure enough I had the ab dent (a small one which isnt bad at all) and a tiny shine on the bw sculpt, no broken joints or the matte finish rubbing off. I didnt send him back cuz I didnt think they were that bad at all. But I admit the problems with this guy were pretty bad, I just got lucky mine werent as bad. What did I learn from this? Wear rubber gloves when handling him :wink1:

All in all it what one person may catch another person may not and vice versa. If its something you can live with keep it, if not send it back. Consider me happy with what I have :hi5:

My gf implied she might be getting me Supes for Christmas. Joy!

I haven't seen any pics of Superman with the Begins Batman yet, so here's my awful flash photo. I really need to learn how to properly light and photograph these things.

batsandsupes.jpg

So for heating up the base to fit the crystals with the hair dryer technique, do I heat up the bottom of the crystals, or the spots inside the base? or both?

Also, how long should I use the hair dryer for? Will I be able to tell?
Sorry, I'm a male, so first time using a hair dryer here.

I heated the top of the base, and worked the crystal it without heating them. The bottom of the base and the crystal are made of a plastic that is a lot harder anyway, where the top of the base is more like vinyl.

One thing about returning the figure for "the silliest, slightest" things.

I do agree that most of us can be a bit ____ about this stuff however I didnt have nearly if any of these defects on my older figures. Ever.

So why are they on almost every HT figure I buy now? Not OK in my book.

Good point. Although, some of the replacement claims are obviously based on an internet panic, HT figures get more expensive, and the problems more obvious. But you can't really blame people if they get more picky when they put down up to $240 for a HT 12" figure - And that's without shipping and taxes.

My guess would be that HT produces more figures now compared to some years back, and, therefore it's more likely for defective figures to be produced, and to slip though the QC. Perhaps a result of a higher production tempo? More pressure. Just look how many different figures HT produces yearly now.

But what ever, it shouldn't be that way. If you pay $200+ for merchandise, it should be free of defects. But if you do receive a defective item - which always can happen, you should be able to get a replacement, no matter if you're the first customer to receive the goods, or the two thousandth customer - unless it's a limited item with a fixed edition run. A good manufacturer should have a fairly good idea of production failure, and should be able to supply sufficient replacements.

It's up to HT to keep their quality in pace with their fame (price).

Last edited:

Just got mine in the mail! Awesome figure! No major issues, cape is a little bunched up around the neck, but I think thats fixable and the S is ever so off center, but meh. No snags or anything as far as I can tell. Yippie!!!

Back