1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Testors dullcoat man... I've been saying. it will take you thirty seconds... no replacement, no sideshow, no waiting..

just mask off the rest of the head with tape and hit the spot with a light spray.

Where would I be able to find and buy some? Does it only come in spray form or is it also available in the little testors jars?

I'm not all that confident in my abilities. Truthfully for what I paid for this figure, CA tax and all, I don't think I should have to drive to the shop, buy more materials, and fix a flaw that shouldn't even be there. I understand that a lot of you guys really enjoy customizing and doctoring your figures. I've always admired that here. But there's just something about these figures that makes me want to keep them as case fresh and mint as possible. I did not want to mod my DX Batman's neck or cape, for example. Or chrome my Big Chap Alien's teeth. If I bought the HT Indy I wouldn't even try to remove the guy liner, even though I'm sure I probably could improve the look of the figure that way. I feel almost as though I devalue them if I tamper with them. Not for secondary market purposes, because I never buy anything I don't intend to keep, but more for my own satisfaction. I like to keep them looking as new as the day they arrived for as long as possible. A form of collectors OCD I suppose. Does anyone else feel this way?

So I had a glossy spot on his head, a very small amount of glue visible above the S-shield (like it slid down slightly after first being applied), and most importantly, a slight ding on his neck where his chin was pressed against it. Sideshow guy said that he checked 3 other stock pieces and they all had these issues. Anyone else noticed the neck problem right out of the box?

If not, I'm considering sending it back and just playing the odds with some regulars, but I would like to be able to keep the Kryptonite necklace :(

I also had neck issues but on the sides of the neck/shoulders. The S-shield is also kind of jacked on mine along the top as well compared to others I have seen on here.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3996909&postcount=9548

Where would I be able to find and buy some? Does it only come in spray form or is it also available in the little testors jars?

I'm not all that confident in my abilities. Truthfully for what I paid for this figure, CA tax and all, I don't think I should have to drive to the shop, buy more materials, and fix a flaw that shouldn't even be there. I understand that a lot of you guys really enjoy customizing and doctoring your figures. I've always admired that here. But there's just something about these figures that makes me want to keep them as case fresh and mint as possible. I did not want to mod my DX Batman's neck or cape, for example. Or chrome my Big Chap Alien's teeth. If I bought the HT Indy I wouldn't even try to remove the guy liner, even though I'm sure I probably could improve the look of the figure that way. I feel almost as though I devalue them if I tamper with them. Not for secondary market purposes, because I never buy anything I don't intend to keep, but more for my own satisfaction. I like to keep them looking as new as the day they arrived for as long as possible. A form of collectors OCD I suppose. Does anyone else feel this way?

I am like that as well. I hate to even buy a mass market figure and see a flaw in the paint or loose joint. For the price, everything should be perfect. But that is in a perfect world. I hate it for you because I can feel your pain. I am not a perfectionist about the snags or the crooked emblem but the head sculpt and paint should be perfect.

Oh man. So it finally arrived and it is perfect. Best Superman figure I have ever owned. Straight out of the box it was just stunning. The base was perfect and easy to put together. Now all he is missing is his Dark Knight partner to complete the World's Finest.

Oh man. So it finally arrived and it is perfect. Best Superman figure I have ever owned. Straight out of the box it was just stunning. The base was perfect and easy to put together. Now all he is missing is his Dark Knight partner to complete the World's Finest.

Wouldnt the 89 Bats be a closer match? First generation movie figures and all.

Man of Steel (if one is done) would pair up nice with the Bale Batmans

superman1938 never specified which "Dark Knight". Maybe he meant the '89 Batman? :huh

Damn it... My figure has been at a sorting station 30 minutes away since Sunday. Normally a package is on my doorstep the day after it arrives there, but my scheduled delivery date is Wednesday, so apparently UPS will just sit on the damn thing till then... Bastards. Does UPS not understand the grief of a grown man wanting his doll in his hands? It’s been like two weeks since I got a new one. :(

Call them and ask them to hold it. I know they say you can't until the first delivery attempt, but I've done that repeatedly in the past and since they're open late with the holidays, you can just go in and pick it up after work. ;)

Damn it... My figure has been at a sorting station 30 minutes away since Sunday. Normally a package is on my doorstep the day after it arrives there, but my scheduled delivery date is Wednesday, so apparently UPS will just sit on the damn thing till then... Bastards. Does UPS not understand the grief of a grown man wanting his doll in his hands? It’s been like two weeks since I got a new one. :(

it's not a" doll" but a collectible peace of art sir......:loland been waiting 35 years for this awesome ____..........

Got him! Awesome! Just awesome! While I can appreciate the care that went into the box and the nice dedication, it's VERY cumbersome. I may just put it back in the shipper. I WISH that the crystal base lit up. I'd probably use it.

Ok, I heard back from SSC re: outfit flaws/snags.

Bottom Line: $25 Credit towards future purchase or partial refund to card charged are the only options available.

Here's a pic of mine, snags on each thigh, hard to see looking at the figure so I can live with it. :D

aaaasupesflaw.jpg

Last edited:

mine arrived today and all i can say is super maaan!!:rotfl almost as if this set is a dx with the awesome crystal base/dio.Sculpt is truly a work of art,the likeness is spot on and imo couldnt be made any better in 1/6!love it:exactly:

Bottom Line: $25 Credit towards future purchase or partial refund to card charged are the only options available.

Yet the figure is still listed as "In Stock". Does that mean that any future purchases from Sideshow get a defective figure?

This is not acceptable. I'll return the whole figure for a full refund if this is the case.

Call them and ask them to hold it. I know they say you can't until the first delivery attempt, but I've done that repeatedly in the past and since they're open late with the holidays, you can just go in and pick it up after work. ;)

I would, but the sort facility is in North Richmond... I'll just let the drivers risk their neck in that warzone and wait another 24 hours. Besides, I always have my wonderful friends here at SSF to complain to. :1-1:

it's not a" doll" but a collectible peace of art sir......:loland been waiting 35 years for this awesome ____..........

I've never been so excited about a figure... ever. This will definitely be a centerpiece figure in my collection.

Back