1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Just received my superman figure. It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen can't stop looking at it. :)

Just got my SS exclusive delivered. It's my second Supes so interesting to compare a few things that people have mentioned such as paint/tone issues etc.

As far as head sculpts go I don't think they could have done any better at this scale and the pics that have been posted highlight that. I've seen a lot of attempts at all scales by the likes of Bobby C and Mike Hill and they just can't nail the Reeve likeness IMHO. HT and Arnie Kim really got this right.

If they relaease a 1/4 figure using the Arnie Kim sculpt that was shown, I'll be all over it like a fat kid on a cup-cake.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwG5CnrwRQI[/ame]

Very funny. That was good.

Don't know if you ever saw this, but here is a custom Omega Man I made about a year ago:

omega7.jpg

That's awesome! I'm almost inspired to bash one myself.

Got mine today and I am more happy with it then I thought I would be. Everything looks great. S emblem is on straight, no shiny forehead, belt buckle is flat. Color of the suit looks great in person. Slight issue with the ice crystals in getting them in decent. Also I can see the post that holds up Superman will bend over time. Probably going to have to turn it around after a few months. Also you guys were right, the box is enormous. It's beautiful and I really want to display it but I have no room at all for it. I may have to ween out some of my 7" figures to make room for another detolf anyway so it'll go on top of that eventually when I get another detolf.

Here's a pic:

View attachment 41469

Yep. This figure is a prime example of how unnecessary PERS is. Sometimes I wonder how they decide what gets it and what doesn't. I felt it would've actually added depth to a release like the T1 T-800 but they instead gave it to Indy, who suffered for it. :cuckoo:

In the end I'll be glad when it's gone. :lol

I really agree for the most part, since the Indiana Jones is REALLY awkward-looking (though I think that the entire sculpt is a little off, honestly), but I do want to point out that the DX Bruce Lee is amazing, and really benefits from PERS (not one, but TWO head sculpts). A buddy of mine bought it, and in-hand it is stunning. I'm curious how the other PERS figures look in-hand, since there are plenty of times when people say "Pictures don't do _____ figure justice."

I really like the idea of PERS, but it seems very hit-and-miss. With more misses lately, than hits. Which seems kinda backwards, since Hot Toys usually makes strides as time goes on, and in this case it seems like they are regressing a bit.

I really agree for the most part, since the Indiana Jones is REALLY awkward-looking (though I think that the entire sculpt is a little off, honestly), but I do want to point out that the DX Bruce Lee is amazing, and really benefits from PERS (not one, but TWO head sculpts). A buddy of mine bought it, and in-hand it is stunning. I'm curious how the other PERS figures look in-hand, since there are plenty of times when people say "Pictures don't do _____ figure justice."

I really like the idea of PERS, but it seems very hit-and-miss. With more misses lately, than hits. Which seems kinda backwards, since Hot Toys usually makes strides as time goes on, and in this case it seems like they are regressing a bit.

I agree, and owning Bruce I can say it does work with him, but I think Bruce would've been just as good without PERS. Though what I find odd is how they were able to make it look fitting with Bruce, given the overall almond shape of his yes, and yet both Joker and Jones look like meth addicts. :lol

I failed to procure the awesome Fortress of Solitude poster to go with this figure. Today has not been a Boba Ben kind of day.

I failed to procure the awesome Fortress of Solitude poster to go with this figure. Today has not been a Boba Ben kind of day.

Which poster?

I agree, and owning Bruce I can say it does work with him, but I think Bruce would've been just as good without PERS. Though what I find odd is how they were able to make it look fitting with Bruce, given the overall almond shape of his yes, and yet both Joker and Jones look like meth addicts. :lol

I've thought about this, too. I think that the biggest thing is for the eyes to be sculpted as closed as possible. The more open they are, the more the face looks intense, whereas the faces are usually sculpted to be kind of neutral/relaxed. So you've got a mix of intense and relaxed at the same time, which doesn't look natural, because, well, it ISN'T natural. Does that make sense?

Bruce's almond/slanted eyes match the rest of the expression on his face perfectly, and (without being insensitive) that's why it works so well, in my opinion.

Anyways, I do hope that Hot Toys continues to innovate and refine the technology so that all future DX's that incorporate PERS are wonderful.

I wish SS would hurry up with getting back with me on an exchange....I sent them an email last Saturday and called them on Monday and still nothing. They must have took the whole week off or something.

I'm calling them Monday for just an outer main box and box base replacement for my Supes.

Since it's an odd request, hopefully they can do something for me.

While I'm grateful that my figure is mint, I shouldn't have to accept a beat up box.

NO you shouldnt you think a fragile sticker should be on the outside of every box we get.........

I wish SS would hurry up with getting back with me on an exchange....I sent them an email last Saturday and called them on Monday and still nothing. They must have took the whole week off or something.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Anybody else who pre-ordered at Alter Ego Comics not even have they card charged yet? I'm wondering if I should send them an email, or if they're still getting around to my order.

Indy looks fine in-hand :dunno

Yea, first time i did see this figure in person was at Toys2 as he had one displayed in the front window and the sculpt and pose he had it in looks great.

Indy looks fine in-hand :dunno

Woulda looked better without PERS though imo. PERS was scrapped on Supes because it hurt the accuracy of the sculpt is my understanding.

Anybody else who pre-ordered at Alter Ego Comics not even have they card charged yet? I'm wondering if I should send them an email, or if they're still getting around to my order.

Same here...I did read a post somewhere they would be getting the rest of their orders out early next week.

Back