1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

The box is a huge beast, but instead of packing it away I'm gonna take just the "S" logo (upper box) & hang it on the wall somewhere in the man cave...a couple of screws in the wall & presto...wall art.
Problem solved.

Last edited:

Two screws thru the bottom blue box in the top corners, & slide the top "s" over it.

Big azz box coverted to wall art. Me likey.

walls_1.jpg
walls_2.jpg

Hehe I plan on doing this too, I think its a great idea. Looks really good up on a wall imo. Good job.

Nice use of the box!! I like it, I'm still deciding what to do with my huge box, it's too nice to be put away.

I'm not going anywhere thanks.
Nam doesn't post pics why? Probably because he doesn't have any of these figures and just likes to troll his way through threads.

I've got the figure and since this thread is about the figure - I will post whatever and whenever I want. Thanks so much.

:goodpost:

you sure about that?

Got the SS Ex today and wow,this one looks even better in person.I really hope HT will do a Clark Kent because he is,to me,just as important as Superman.A DX 2 in 1 Superman/Clark Kent would have made this figure so much more popular.

I can't see what PERS would bring to this figure. As it is, I think it's an overhyped gimmick that adds nothing but fragility to HT's already potentially troublesome products. This release just proves how unnecessary it is and I applaud them for deciding against it here.

you sure about that?

:horror Get Out of Jail Free card revoked! :lol

Again playing devils advocate here the guy is just responding to the immature backlash that he's being met with. This forum is the worst with stuff like that when some specific members, and they always seem to be the same handful of members disagree they like to attack the guy. In a thread like this where 99 percent of us love the figure it can be quite an annoying and alienating experience to deal with all the people trying to tell you to shut up for posting your thoughts. You have stones thrown out at you and if you try and deflect them 5 more join In on the stoning.

Irregardless I'm not helping the issue posting about this either I know so I'll stop so it blows over finally... But I think that needed to be said

Anyway I can't wait to mess around with this guy later! He looks so great in his suit! So realistic! Info find im continually pushing down his manties though, the hips look weird when they rise too high.

Some AMAZInG poses in this thread by the way! Maglors especially, Maglor you are a natural at posing.

Remy and voduns look great too!:hi5:

Great post. Needed to be said.

I can't see what PERS would bring to this figure. As it is, I think it's an overhyped gimmick that adds nothing but fragility to HT's already potentially troublesome products. This release just proves how unnecessary it is and I applaud them for deciding against it here.

:horror Get Out of Jail Free card revoked! :lol

Unless they figure out how to put tiny laser lights in the eyes, that when turned on are the heat vision....PERS would aim that.....

Unless they figure out how to put tiny laser lights in the eyes, that when turned on are the heat vision....PERS would aim that.....

man I like where your going with that! can you imagine :yess:

man I like where your going with that! can you imagine :yess:

That would be cool. Maybe someday. I was half way kidding, since the laser wouldn't fit in the eyes, and the cost associated with them. But, you never know right?

I'll be receiving mine tomorrow. I know that beast of a box will not fit in a detolf... does anyone know if the the S lid will fit in a detolf?

no way, it's about 1.5 dets wide if that makes sense...

That would be cool. Maybe someday. I was half way kidding, since the laser wouldn't fit in the eyes, and the cost associated with them. But, you never know right?

what if inside his head there was a super bright red LED, and his pupils where hollow?

Our grand kids are going to be lucky SOB's I tell ya! haha

Given there'd be wires involved, batteries and the extremely limited space in the head to have a PERS mechanism and still maintain articulation, it'd be an "either or" situation. You'd either get a button that activates glowing red eyes or PERS and in either case, neither really make the figure anything but more expensive. I have a handfull of Terminator figures with light-up eyes and don't use that feature. Likewise, I have a handful of figures with PERS that I've posed (with PERS) once and left. They're overhyped gimmicks that really don't get used much (if even more than the novelty "WOW" and left off). These aren't NECA toys you pop down off the shelf and play with daily. We hear nightmare breakage stories from kids who treat them as such. In the end one has to ask if it's necessary and does it contribute substantially to the figure? A T-1 T-800, possibly. A Reeve Superman? No, not really. Less likely if it's a Clark 2-in-1. :huh

You know what? It's totally and utterly OK you don't like this figure. Seriously you have nothing to defend. I've hated a lot of figures people seem to like , leonidas is one of them, not getting why it was so revered and had to deal with a bunch of maniacs trying to convince me I'm crazy because I don't like it.

Who cares. Me personally I love it!

U can post here, why not, I don't care, no one should. There are some, one in particular who immaturely beat a dead horse when it comes to things like this, they come off worse than the guy who posted his opinion and resort to silly name calling.

It's all good bros.

Anyway hot damn I'm loving this superman one of hot toys best of all time in my personal opinion!

Well said:exactly::goodpost: To many people get shot down for having an opinion, And it;s always the same crew with the rifles loaded :chase:exactly:

To much licky bum bum for my liking :cuckoo:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBEOyuTOxx8[/ame]

Given there'd be wires involved, batteries and the extremely limited space in the head to have a PERS mechanism and still maintain articulation, it'd be an "either or" situation. You'd either get a button that activates glowing red eyes or PERS and in either case, neither really make the figure anything but more expensive. I have a handfull of Terminator figures with light-up eyes and don't use that feature. Likewise, I have a handful of figures with PERS that I've posed (with PERS) once and left. They're overhyped gimmicks that really don't get used much (if even more than the novelty "WOW" and left off). These aren't NECA toys you pop down off the shelf and play with daily. We hear nightmare breakage stories from kids who treat them as such. In the end one has to ask if it's necessary and does it contribute substantially to the figure? A T-1 T-800, possibly. A Reeve Superman? No, not really. Less likely if it's a Clark 2-in-1. :huh

I've not bought a PERS figure yet, Jack Sparrow will be the first. Overall, from the figures I've seen this on like Indiana Jones, I'm not in love with it. I'll be like you, and pose it once and walk away. I've seen some figures with googly eyes due to bad QC, and the recessed look you sometimes get (like on Indy) is more damaging to the presentation than any positioning will help. Jack Sparrow just happens to have black eye shadow, and a good deal of the figures like Batman do too, which camouflages it. It seems really hit and miss from what I can tell. And, given these issues, I could live without it too. If that's what makes a DX, I find any extra accessories that come along with it way more worthwhile than PERS. All IMO of course. I'm glad they didn't go ahead and use it on this figure. Knowing they tried, and decided not to in the end, tells us how much it would have taken away from it.

Well said:exactly::goodpost: To many people get shot down for having an opinion, And it;s always the same crew with the rifles loaded :chase:exactly:

To much licky bum bum for my liking :cuckoo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBEOyuTOxx8

Wrong...

[ame]https://youtu.be/yHDcD_xhwAo[/ame]

More like too many "clueless" little girls trying to add to the drama after the mods put an end to it. Too many people got sick of seeing the same post from the same user, over, and over, and over, and over, and over and over again. If you're going to add to a discussion you weren't part of at least do yourself the favor and read back so you have some semblance of a clue as to what actually happened instead of trying to fan the flames like some drama queen late to the party, looking for a fix. :wink1:

what is this ____ usualy see awesome pics of a awesome superman reeve figure i could remake a movie with all the great pics instead infested with winers about nothing at all goshh go backk to your timeout i think your tuckered out playing gay videos on a superman thread........

Two screws thru the bottom blue box in the top corners, & slide the top "s" over it.

Big azz box coverted to wall art. Me likey.

walls_1.jpg
walls_2.jpg

oh man, wish they had made the Batman figure with a batsymbol box so I could steal that idea. That looks great.

realy like the superman symbol mounted on the wall and the other idea of leds put in the crystal base was what i was gonna post about but some just like to argue about nothin i guess

Back