1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Has anyone attempted a Clark Kent bash with this fig yet?

Would require heavy modding of the hair on the sculpt as has to be opposite. Unless you cover with a hat.

I wonder what the new HT Indy's hat would look like on the Supes head??? :lol

pavehawk78 said:
Anyone have trouble assembling the fortress base? Seems like none of the crystals fit like they are supposed to on mine. Any tips would be appreciated :)

I finally put the base together,

Put the base on the floor
heat only the base with a hair dryer for 5 mins then put the crystals in one by one, when you get it put together, let it all cool down before moving it, the black clip has a screw to loosen it when you attach it to the clear tube stand. be careful not to impale yourself on the largest crystal, Nothing fits when the base is cold, good luck.

The crystals fit perfectly if you heat up only the white base enough,

but the crystals won't fit if the base is cold.

Last edited:
Anyone have trouble assembling the fortress base? Seems like none of the crystals fit like they are supposed to on mine. Any tips would be appreciated :)

Heat the base only using a hair dryer
5 mins or so
Then put it on the floor and push the crystals in firmly, they will all fit, nothing will fit unless the base is hot.
Let it all cool and it should all fit like glue.

Mine will be arriving today.

His name is Kal-El! He will call himself Clark Kent, but the world will know him as Superman!

Mine's in town on a UPS truck to be delivered today. I think I'll be ducking out of work a bit early.

Just popped my Supes open and he is great! Had the same problem with the base and the crystals not fitting.... but thanks to the suggestion on here about using the hair dryer trick they fit perfectly! Can't wait to get the '89 Batman in to display with Superman.

Arrived today. Going to savour opening later.

Mine arrived today, pics of it do not do it justice.

Only problem with mine is a pulled thread on the front of the outfit next to the 'S' sheild, not that noticeable but I have emailed Sideshow to enquiry about a replacement.

Congrats Marf! :hi5: You beat me! :pfft: :lol
What are you using for a base?

I take no pleasure in this :lecture

For the base, I took a blank HT TT base, drilled a hole in the existing slot just big enough for the pole that comes with the figure, used a dab of crazy glue for good measure and shoved it in there :naughty Very sturdy, and doesn't take up any space :rock

Hey Marf, don't mean to point it out but your "S" is really high on his chest. Or is it just me?

It's riding a little high because the material above it is bunching up for some reason. Avenger tried water treating it, but said it left a water spot he had to rub out. I'm still debating on whether to try it with distilled water...

For the base, I took a blank HT TT base, drilled a hole in the existing slot just big enough for the pole that comes with the figure, used a dab of crazy glue for good measure and shoved it in there :naughty Very sturdy, and doesn't take up any space :rock

Brilliant! :lecture

I will almost certainly do this!

I received mine today, Awesome figure but i then noticed a CATCH IS THE MATERIAL ON THE FRONT CHEST BELOW SHOULDER RUNNINING ACROSS, Gutted, My eyes are just drawn to this rather than admire the awesome scult. I contacted Sideshow and they requested pics to be sent, Problem is i dont think my camera will pick it up, Anyway best go and get that done now.

Sorry to hear that. The suit is durable, but easily snagged. Everyone would do well to be careful with fingernails or scabs (gross) when handling it. Anything a person might find on their fingers that can catch it.

This might sound funny, but I was thinking about buying a box of cotton gloves to use when handling my figures. :lol

This might sound funny, but I was thinking about buying a box of cotton gloves to use when handling my figures. :lol

Don't sound funny to me. They're expensive, so you can't be overly protective when handling them. You have my support on this decision. :lecture

For those with minor snags. Rub and stretch the material around the snag. You can make them pretty much go away by working them, but you'll still have the tiny little loop of thread from the snag that will look like a piece of dust. Sometimes you can snip it off with fine scissors. But, be careful not to cause yet more snags doing that.

Back