1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Indy may be crap but HT are nailing all my favourite superheroes. This, Spiderman and Keaton Batman are all ridiculously good figures.

I am thinking about getting a second one, and that would be a first.

12174713y18a1gd9s9t848.jpg

I get it now. :wave

:yess:

Well yes, if you get the whole figure lined up perfectly from the knees up. Personally, for the most part, I find that I can get a figure to stand better with ankle articulation. I get the body from the knees up to look how I want it, and then it's all about ankle articulation to get the figure to 'stand good'.

The obvious exception is weak ankles, but there are several ways to fix that.

Hot Toys figures tend to have a gift for balance. I think it has something to do with the True Type design. You can get away with a lot above the knee once the feet are flat.

One of the problems with soft boots and articulated ankles is that the rubber still pushes back. That compromises the stability you get with hard plastic boots. The other option is the method Sideshow uses for their clones and stormtroopers, but that would require a hinge in the boot itself. I don't think a lot of people would be game for visible ankle joints in Superman's boots.

Yeah, I've been thinking about a hinged boot, and I think I prefer no ankle articulation.

Man this figure is phenomenal! If I had the cash I would have gotten this instantly. Has anyone posed him with a 1/6 American flag? Like have him flying with him holding it on one hand? I would display him like that.

Even after seeing so many pics of how amazing this figure is I still thought this was a real picture of Christopher Reeve, I'm not being over the top when I say that after spending my whole life as an action figure obsessive this is the best figure I've ever seen. CAN NOT WAIT!!!

They could have done removable boots. One pair to stand poses and other to pose it flying.

Yeah, I've been thinking about a hinged boot, and I think I prefer no ankle articulation.

What might work are ratchet ankles, but they'd have to be really fine teeth because without a fine range of motion, they'll be more frustating than anything else. Just ask the G.I.Joe section.

They could have done removable boots. One pair to stand poses and other to pose it flying.

Do feet really change position when a person flies? Even leather boots would give enough support to keep the ankle mostly right angled.

What I've seen in all the flying poses people have posted so far, the feet look natural.

^^^ Looks like plastic, but still not sure.

Yeah, the Takara Batman came with hinged boots and a lot of people hated them.

Actually the Takara has the same style ankles as the HT Bats. Barbell joint covered with a rubber boot.

The giant clog-like base of the boot is the ugly part of the Takara.

A beautiful Superman figure, no doubt. But not CR at all for me.

A beautiful Superman figure, no doubt. But not CR at all for me.

Yeah, I'm not seeing Christopher Reeve at all. Looks more like Manny from Scarface to me.

mannyribera2.jpg

Amazing

Superman-03.jpg

Great profile, great everything. Thanks Arnie Kim for fixing the prototype.

If only that could of been said for his Indy to :gah: but at least I've got an awesome Superman coming :rock Supe's is going to be getting displayed slap bang right in centre of my collecton. Indy's on the other hand is going straight the bottom shelf.

Back