1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

TommyD.gif

:rotfl

WIN

Wow it's doesn't take long for folks to be super excited about a HS tweak to complaining about the S emblem :dunno

Boots are too shiny, the head-sculpt looks Asian or a little bit like Tom Cruise, logo does not meet the expectations of a custom project, 5.3 x 3.5 CM, Kryptonite necklace is not made of real Kryptonite. :lecture

:horror WTF?! CANCELLED! :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::mad:

You wanna know the really stupid part? If HT actually read comments on threads like this ... I doubt sarcasm translates very well. These posts would have just as much impact as the actual complaints. Heh.

SnakeDoc

You wanna know the really stupid part? If HT actually read comments on threads like this ... I doubt sarcasm translates very well. These posts would have just as much impact as the actual complaints. Heh.

SnakeDoc

You really think Hot Toys comes here anymore after the sheer ____ing douchery brought on by these OCD nitpickers trashing every single figure since MMS71, ranting about pore placement, eyebrow hairs, pooches, itty bitty moles and fractional placement of Iron Man bolts? :lol

Honestly, if they did, I think their first orders of business would've been slapping BobbyC, Adam and Kato with C&D orders. But since they only acknowledge stuff brought up on their Facebook page, I'd say that's where they've chosen to interact with their fans. Not a forum riddled with trolling self-appointed accuracy experts.

Probably safe to say that the sarcasm isn't getting posted for HT's benefit.

Over 500 page of complaining about the Head sculpt and now it time for another 500 over the 'S'. Then we will move on to the boots next I'm guessing. :cuckoo:

WTF is wrong with the boots??? :banghead

I like the darker red in the new pictures. I assume that the more they improve, the more intense the whining gets?

:dunno :lol:rotfl

:cuckoo:...is right.

Over 500 page of complaining about the Head sculpt and now it time for another 500 over the 'S'. Then we will move on to the boots next I'm guessing. :cuckoo:

We're still do another wave of bad pics and a cancellation panic before he's released next month. :lol

WTF is wrong with the boots??? :banghead

I like the darker red in the new pictures. I assume that the more they improve, the more intense the whining gets?

:dunno :lol:rotfl

:cuckoo:...is right.

:lolNothing, but somebody will find something to whine about.

Hot Toys were more fun when they were Colonial Marines and didn't look anything like their respective actors but we still loved them anyway. I still have those guys and think they're great.

Superman is amazing and I'm just happy we're getting such an awesome representation of the character in 1/6 scale. He also looks just like Christopher Reeve as well.

You really think Hot Toys comes here anymore after the sheer ____ing douchery brought on by these OCD nitpickers trashing every single figure since MMS71, ranting about pore placement, eyebrow hairs, pooches, itty bitty moles and fractional placement of Iron Man bolts? :lol

Honestly, if they did, I think their first orders of business would've been slapping BobbyC, Adam and Kato with C&D orders. But since they only acknowledge stuff brought up on their Facebook page, I'd say that's where they've chosen to interact with their fans. Not a forum riddled with trolling self-appointed accuracy experts.

Anymore? I'd be surprised if they knew this board existed.

SnakeDoc

My favorite (no offense cuz alot of people I get along with here are guilty of this) is the constant nitpicking and inevitable purchase of the same item(s)

I would never support something I don't truly appreciate. If a company neglects that same company should also be boycotted for inaccuracies too. It's the only way they'll learn.

Have to ask, are the Hot Toys figures the only ones you collect?

I'm mainly a 6" collector; I've got all the Ghostbusters, a large collection of Masters of the Universe Classics, all the Green Lantern Movie Masters a US friend has been able to get for me (because we can't get them in the UK, despite ToyGuru saying we would be able to. :gah: ), a few Star Wars figures and a whole bunch of Transformers (amongst many, many, many other collections!). If I refused to buy these because of inaccuracies I wouldn't have any of them!

The GB figures I've got don't have gloves on and they should as the Boys in Grey always wore gloves in the scenes where they were busting ghosts (ironically, Mattel did get that right with the 12" figures. Weird).

The MOTUC figures are generally fine, but they do weird things like sculpting on a dial for an action figure that doesn't exist. :dunno

And don't get me started on Abin Sur having too many fingers!

Now, I know that those are all cheap in comparison to Hot Toys figures and I fully understand that for $200+ you might want pin-point accuracy. But if I've learnt anything over the last 18 months or so, it's that mass produced figures will never be accurate. I don't know how Hot Toys work, but I know how Mattel works and that's "reuse, reuse, reuse"! I suspect Hot Toys have a reuse policy with their bucks too and that the only new tooling is the head, hands and whatever costume the figure comes with.

As far as I'm concerned, so long as the head is as good as it possibly can be for a mass produced figure at such a relatively low price-point, I'm happy.

Someone posted a picture of the new Enterbay T-800 Terminator figure on my forum the other day. That thing looks fantastic... in the face. To me the body's just slightly off. But if I had the $400 asking price I'd still buy the thing because it's a bloody fantastic head sculpt!

I think, as a toy (and, come on guys, no matter what fancy names we might give them, they're just toys!) collector you have to expect some inaccuracies. If you want 100% accuracy, well, you're just going to have to commission it yourself! And that throws up a whole new set of problems! ;)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEgh8TUlpQc&feature=related"]SHUT UP - YouTube[/ame]

Back