1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I didn't scroll back to see if this had been posted yet, but ...

This is from CapedWonder, and is Sebastian Columbo's slight alteration of Kim's sculpt ...

246758_203084089733803_162643873777825_517712_2018656_n.jpg

I think Kim's sculpt is great. I pre-ordered the first day. But, I have to admit that Columbo's alteration takes Kim's sculpt from great to amazing.

SnakeDoc

You're more than likely about to get hit with the "I see no difference" squad but I think those corrections even if they just did the nose corrections, would vastly improve this figure. If someone can honestly look at that side by side and say the left is more accurate I'll be at a loss.

After seeing that... even though i knew it wasn't perfect, it really does kind of annoy me... it's so close and yet, not. :(

Got to widen the eye position at the very least...

M.

:D

All joking aside the alteration looks sick! But seriously though, all that from just using photoshop?

Wow that photoshop is amazing!! i mean hot toys's sculpt is great , but if they alter it like that photoshopped picture, the sculpt will become the definitive superman 1/6 scale head.

:D

All joking aside the alteration looks sick! But seriously though, all that from just using photoshop?

Yeah, the more i look at it... the more it seems like a real CR pic might have been used a little in that... So who knows? :dunno

It won't stop me from getting him though...

M.

The above modification is 100% perfect.:monkey2

do you think anyone from hot toys would ever see this image? because i if they did they'd surely see the massive difference the alterations make

how realistic is it that changes could be made do you think?

having said that, i suppose it's easier to manipulate a 2d image than to actually alter a 3d sculpt to match every angle.

still, that right pic looks slick

do you think anyone from hot toys would ever see this image? because i if they did they'd surely see the massive difference the alterations make

how realistic is it that changes could be made do you think?

having said that, i suppose it's easier to manipulate a 2d image than to actually alter a 3d sculpt to match every angle.

still, that right pic looks slick

I posted the pic on their FB page.

Still not sure where that came from!? Nothing in the specs indicates that (not even a listing for "batteries included/not included").

:dunno

Sideshow Order page description reads:

Amid high anticipation, Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the Superman 12-inch Figure from the 1978 classic superhero film Superman. The movie-accurate Superman collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Christopher Reeve as The Man of Steel, highlighting the authentic head sculpt, movie-accurate costume and detailed light-up figure stage imitating the Fortress of Solitude.

Hi, I'm from the UK too and use OSB, they are an excellent company and their packaging is great so your figure will get to you safely. They charge great prices to. :yess:

Thanks, I feel much better now that having placed my order. I have emailed them but they are yet to reply but if you guys say they are sound then I'll relax and wait till I hear back. Man, I can't wait for this figure to be delivered!!

:horrorwhoever says that this doesn't look like chistopher reeve is lieing.

247825_10150209430607825_171015147824_7109359_5744826_n.jpg

10102842AChristopher-Reeve-Superman.jpg

I hope it's just the lighting. The hair looks grayer in these photos, like old man superman. Has to be. The proto pics are dark.

I didn't scroll back to see if this had been posted yet, but ...

This is from CapedWonder, and is Sebastian Columbo's slight alteration of Kim's sculpt ...

246758_203084089733803_162643873777825_517712_2018656_n.jpg

I think Kim's sculpt is great. I pre-ordered the first day. But, I have to admit that Columbo's alteration takes Kim's sculpt from great to amazing.

SnakeDoc

Wow. That mod really is the real deal. I hope they do make some changes like that. It makes a great figure look even better.

Ok, now we're talking. :rock

That is the 1st alteration that is 100% perfect, just look at that will ya :clap :bow

Just by widening the top of his nose which made his eyes farther apart totally captures the Man of Carbon Fiber!

Man, did that do the trick, now i'll never look at the original the same way again :gah:

It's on Sideshow's order page in the specs at the top part only. No other site has that listed; which is why it's strange.

Sideshow Order page description reads:

Amid high anticipation, Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the Superman 12-inch Figure from the 1978 classic superhero film Superman. The movie-accurate Superman collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Christopher Reeve as The Man of Steel, highlighting the authentic head sculpt, movie-accurate costume and detailed light-up figure stage imitating the Fortress of Solitude.

Weird. Because in the actual specs there's no mention of there being a light up feature or any mention of batteries etc.

:dunno

Back