1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

true, but its skipping really fast

I'm sure HT can put the complaining into proportion. It's quite impossible to judge a figure by pictures only. You really need to have it in hand to make a just comment, and even then, some things are still up to the 'mind' of the viewer. People see with the brain, and look with the eyes.
I'm sure the cross eye effect on some pictures we've seen is due to lightning, and the neck, yes, the lens utilized to make the pictures sure has an effect on that also. So perhaps the photographer should have done a better job?

I think the figure is fine, and that's why I bought it. Despite all the surrounding things that do annoy me, like the high price tag and the fact that the regular version gets free US shipping/discount on international shipping and the exclusive doesn't.

Sideshow always finds a way to polarize. Or, as the optimists would put it: you can't please everybody!

I just had a guy on Facebook pretty upset with me, because I am defending the figure, and things got personal.
Thing is I love how this figure looks, but I have other stuff, like my Dad having a major operation after his heart attack, rather than get into major arguments with people over a figure. I don't think I will comment on it any more. I will say this though. This film holds a lot of good memories for me, it's one of the films my Dad took me to see back in the 70's, and he even got me into Superman by buying me the comics, and dressing my bedroom in Superman wallpaper. I guess that's why I am so passionate about it.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he's recovering well.

My introduction came to both Superman and Batman at the same time when I was a youngster. I had a cape that was red on one side with a yellow Superman symbol and Blue on the other side with a Black Batman symbol. I had the matching underoos to go with both characters as well that looked like the actual belt and briefs they wore.

Poxa DFanatic! Tu é Brazuca? Eu li aqui de alguém que comprou que não era americano nem europeu! Queria saber como ele conseguiu! Sacanagem isso!

Eu fiz a pre-order do meu direto no site da Sideshow e não deu erro, nem cancelaram minha pre-order nem nada. Também sou brazuca. Mas eu tenho uma carta na manga: se der problema na hora de enviar, eu tenho parentes que moram em Londres. Aí peço para enviarem para eles e eles enviam para mim.

Ok, espero que de certo. O problem de comprar no sideshow e que o seu shipping address precisa ser o mesmo que o seu billing address. Eu falei com um cara do Sideshow e ele disse que em breve eles entrariam em contato com que compraram EX e nao mora nos US ou na europa para mudar o pedido para a edicao normal da figura. Boa sorte!

Ei, da onde vc's sao? Conhecem algun site brasileiro pra colecionadores?

I just had a guy on Facebook pretty upset with me, because I am defending the figure, and things got personal.
Thing is I love how this figure looks, but I have other stuff, like my Dad having a major operation after his heart attack, rather than get into major arguments with people over a figure. I don't think I will comment on it any more. I will say this though. This film holds a lot of good memories for me, it's one of the films my Dad took me to see back in the 70's, and he even got me into Superman by buying me the comics, and dressing my bedroom in Superman wallpaper. I guess that's why I am so passionate about it.

its nice to have those memories, i remember having a Superman dress up suit when i was little it was my pride and joy and i used to watch the new adventures as well as all the old movies religiously. Hope your dads ok nothing is more important what do you think he will make of the figure? .There will always be the doubters and people who just want to be different as long as it means something to you it doesnt matter.

Right ive been listening to the soundtrack now off to watch the film....

Last edited:

Arnie have seen the last photoshopped pic,so there is hope for improvements and im sure he will.

I wish i never saw that last photoshopped pic though,before that one showed up i thought the HT sculpt was near perfect allready.

Okay, so I've pre-ordered two and it's a dream come true...

That said, I can't help but be disappointed! I mean I'll never get these companies.

The sculpt is solid and could have been considered awesome... if not for Eric Sosa's sculpt. I mean that now that I've got this sculpt, I can't help but see how far from Chris Reeve this sculpt is!

Why the hell don't these company contact those great artists that have scored a likeness rather than keep a really sub-par sculpt?

HT should have contacted Trevor for their Indy and Eric for their Supes, just like Triad should contact Trevor for Dexter. Instead of that, probably to cut on prices and use one of their own artist, we'll be stuck with underwhelming figs.

I remember how disppointed I was with Blade or Bruce Lee and now they keep doing it with Superman.

So, sure, I'm getting this, as I'll get Indy and as I purchased Blade (could never buy BL however, that was too much to ask!), but it leave a bitter taste in my mouth as I see what we'll get and what could have been... :(

Wow seriously ruined the sculpt for me. I just posted it on their facebook page. :monkey5

Edit- It's already been posted like 3 times nevermind. Post removed!

hopefully this will be noted, hadnt really noticed the jaw wasnt wide enough until i saw that pic...

Why the hell don't these company contact those great artists that have scored a likeness rather than keep a really sub-par sculpt?

Just because there's a better sculpt out there doesn't make someone else's sculpt sub-par. And it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with all the amazing talent out there, and even if you do, inevitably someone will do the sculpt you commissioned one better. If they kept waiting for the "perfect" sculpt from the "best" artist, they'd never release anything!

Plus HT has to deal with a licensor, and there is no telling what they have requested of the item.

Just like I thought, they have the full review and display Supes at TH one day after I leave HK...bastards.

"Why the hell don't these company contact those great artists that have scored a likeness rather than keep a really sub-par sculpt?"

It's actually very simple. The toy companies DON'T keep track of artists;to their thinking it's on the artists to make themselves known,which can be challenging to say the least.I was in the industry for 15 years, but unless someone is seriously into dinosaurs they're unlikely to have heard of me.HT is highly unusual for advertising the names of their sculptors;doesn't happen often, or here...PS

Just like I thought, they have the full review and display Supes at TH one day after I leave HK...bastards.

lol we've all been there don't worry

Arnie have seen the last photoshopped pic,so there is hope for improvements and im sure he will.

I wish i never saw that last photoshopped pic though,before that one showed up i thought the HT sculpt was near perfect allready.

Ye, sounds like he agrees. I think he will try and improve it, after all it is a prototype. Even so its still a great piece.

Ye, sounds like he agrees. I think he will try and improve it, after all it is a prototype. Even so its still a great piece.

can you post a link to this. would be interesting to read his comments
thks

Im sure he will work at it, isnt he re-doing the Indy sculpt as well ?

What is funny about all the photochoppers is Hot Toys always tweaks the figures before they are released. People first showed Blade, people whine (and passed, and then had to pay $$$$ to catch up, :lol ) and then bam, released and looked just like Snipes.

Superman will too.

Precisely.

Nothing to keep up with. Its a broken record.

Only in HT's land do records continue to scratch.

Consider how manipulative that PS is. We don't even know if the PS'er added features from an actual Reeve photo. Plus don't forget how weird Toy Hunter photos always look in the beginning. The lighting also plays a big part. Dutch and T2 T-800 come to mind. In the official specs some angles looked spot on ................ its all how you photograph things. We all know HT's aren't photogenic imo.

sure its a comment he made in reply to action figure review on his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph...8983214689&set=p.1988983214689&type=1&theater

he didnt say much in reply but he still agrees.

What did you expect him to say? Its bad enough he's to contend with all of you gremlins he also has to comment like its a requirement. To be honest I feel sorry for the guy (knowing how HT's releases their products)

I've been collecting HT's for almost 5 years now and not once did they release a prototype that looked identical come release time. Then you get the nerds that say "Well because of our complaining they listened and changed it" Yeah I know, the mighty HT's needs a few whining nerds to help run their company into perfection. That small missing ingredient. :rolleyes2

This thread was fun.

The "blame the lighting" is the lamest and most abused excuse. That figure has some Chris Reeve likeness, yes, but it doesn't take a genius to see there's a whole lot of tweaking to get it to LOOK NEAR EXACT LIKE Chris Reeve! It took most of you thousands of posts to even marginally admit a fact a handful of us here have been saying from Day One, that that figure is no way an accurate depiction or likeness of Chris Reeve, but you still declare it as "Wow" or "the best HT can do" or "I'm buying this ultimate figure" or "it's 100% Chris Reeve".

Wake up and smell the coffee... or maybe your delusions are so far up your nostrils you can't smell anything anymore...

If hot toys changes their sculpt then we will have to wait another year till they release it:lol

Personaly i think the hot toys sculpt is great as is, sure the photoshopped one looks better, IMO i think that sculpting christopher reeve is very hard. His face and features are very tricky in perfecting it. Like christopher reeve, the likeness of harrison ford and bruce lee is also hard to perfect in 1/6 scale form. All in all im happy with the hot toys sculpt.

Back