1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go!
HotToys_Superman.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Heres my reeve Superman with my custom light up base - drilled some holes , spent 2 bucks on battery Christmas lights . shoved them inside each crystal block . The battery compartment is connected by a wire going out the back , there was no way I could fit in the hollow base at all.

anyways here it is and let me know if you need any help if you wanted to do this too. - Its easy !! it took about 30 mins in total.

I opted for white colour lights - I just think white looks great
There is something about Reeves supes and the fortresss of solitude look that just strikes a chord with me.

CHEERS :

936620_664051293617042_620050510_n.jpg

1526466_664051270283711_59440838_n.jpg

994100_664048100284028_977901595_n.jpg

1491624_664048433617328_793587778_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good mikesgtrs, getting the base apart is the worse bit.
I did the same but not actually in the crystal, just at the base.
Yours looks brighter, how many leds have you got on yours 10?

I finally put this guy on display last night, now I just need to comb back through this thread for some great pose to copy. Photos forthcoming (after the posing).

hi , \

no I have the small battery compartment running through to the outside , this way I change the batteries whenever I need to .

It runs on 2x AA batteries. I obtained one of those cheap 2.00 portable Christmas Lights they are small and consist of 20 LED lights. They have green, blue, red ,yellow and white for choice. I chose white because they resemble the ice colour more and look a little more movie accurate. - Blue could have worked but i was worried they wouldn't be bright enough or make them look too blue-ish. Green looks good on some others ive seen , but i prefer the white lights because the ice is coloured a light blue

Last edited:
Hi,

it has 20 led lights , i put about 5 or 6 in the big crystals , and 2 or 3in the little ones, , to get the brighter effect of your lights, you will need to put the lights in the crystals themselves , i found they weren't bright enough relying on the glow from inside the ice mound.
cheers

Barry, are there any basic must-futz details for this figure? On mine, it looks like the red overwear and belt might be pulled up too high. Also the inseam doesn't look like it's pulled up tight enough to his crotch. Makes it look almost like someone gave him a wedgie.

The (full sized) image is grainy and blurry - once futzed I'll set up a tripod to get a sharper image with better lighting.

See what I'm talking about his underoos?

Last edited:
Barry, are there any basic must-futz details for this figure? On mine, it looks like the red overwear and belt might be pulled up too high. Also the inseam doesn't look like it's pulled up tight enough to his crotch. Makes it look almost like someone gave him a wedgie.

The (full sized) image is grainy and blurry - once futzed I'll set up a tripod to get a sharper image with better lighting.

See what I'm talking about his underoos?

For sure.
Just gently push them down from the belt area.
I have a few of these things, and they are mostly the same, although i did put them all on long pegs. I just prefer him being taller.
Here are pics of mine(And i have another loose one i picked up for $120 on the way. I know... I have an illness, lol):

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

this might help show how many lights were stuffed in there

Sweet! Thanks for the info.
I did a similar thing on mine, but it's a 20 LED system, i run it from a 9V battery, and it's all internal with a switch on the side.

IMG_2746_zpsf6dca73b.jpg

IMG_2747_zpsb2729c34.jpg

IMG_2750_zps07c26159.jpg

Heres my reeve Superman with my custom light up base - drilled some holes , spent 2 bucks on battery Christmas lights . shoved them inside each crystal block . The battery compartment is connected by a wire going out the back , there was no way I could fit in the hollow base at all.

anyways here it is and let me know if you need any help if you wanted to do this too. - Its easy !! it took about 30 mins in total.

I opted for white colour lights - I just think white looks great
There is something about Reeves supes and the fortresss of solitude look that just strikes a chord with me.

CHEERS :

936620_664051293617042_620050510_n.jpg

1526466_664051270283711_59440838_n.jpg

994100_664048100284028_977901595_n.jpg

1491624_664048433617328_793587778_n.jpg

Looks amazing! :clap

love that internal system there, I couldn't really find anything I could use , we are very limited where I live for that sort of stuff. I might purchase a second one and try the internal light system with switch next time -- great idea mate ! cheers

LEDs: "pre-wired" 12v 5mm LED" on eBay. CHEAP.
Power: "12v transformer" or "12v adapter" also on eBay. CHEAP.

Buy from a seller in asia and they will ship for free to any destination on the planet.

Wire in a switch if you want, or plug it into a switched outlet. Wire all the LEDs together in parallel (all black wires together and all red wires together, then to the negative and positive of the transformer respectively). Done.

Just opened this today, looks like my "new" figure is ex display. The neck post is cracked, the head still sits there but comes off really easy when trying to pose it. Is it difficult to change it out?

Anyone notice Supes boots absorbs a shade of black if you're using the HT standard black figure stand?

Futzed a little bit. Still not happy with the overall tall appearance of the red underwear. I've removed the boots to pull the blue suit upward more, making the fit around the crotch tighter, and I've pulled the belt down some.

Back