1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Thanks Highlander! Will have to set that up n post more pics.

HEY if any superman fans bought the symbiote spidey the plastic pole that came with spidey is a bit taller from the sandman base is a little taller then supermans .......hence you could use for superman making him fly even higher in your collection if wanted....

Wow, I was a little worried that my S symbol was curling on one side, so I won an auction for a spare Superman suit for US$30 from loontentoys. But when I asked if they could confirm if the S symbol was fine, they said they could not guarantee the quality of the S! The said all suits are brand new, but a perfect S is "infrequent". So he offered to cancel the transaction. I think I'll cancel, since my original figure isnt too bad (I think I'm just OCD).

The said all suits are brand new, but a perfect S is "infrequent".

He speaks the truth. Good honest reply from a trusted seller. However, for $30 that's not a bad deal for a spare.

He speaks the truth. Good honest reply from a trusted seller. However, for $30 that's not a bad deal for a spare.

Yeah, I think $30 is pretty good, but I didnt want to spend that and then perhaps get a dodgy symbol anyway. Plus I've spent enough money buying spares already what with DX08 Joker trenchcoat (damn clip snapped off), DX09 Batman cape (futzing is a PITA), DX04 Bruce kungfu pants (used on extra body), and DX05 Indy jacket!! Those were all $30+, so quite a bit of money on spares.

Other than a tiny bit of curling in one corner, my current Superman suit is perfect. And I'm pretty careful these days with handling, so I might pass this time. Put the money to saving for the Joker 2.0 since i missed the first time!

Another CK to Superman pic..

68d4d309.jpg

^you may want to hide those wrist joints, looks like suits been too long in the dryer

Cant believe it. I had a group of friends over who hadnt seen my Hot Toys collection. And even though all my DXs, Spidermans, and Predator were on display too, they only commented on how good the Superman looked, and how good the head sculpt was! I had to point out the DX08 Joker and DX06 Jack specifically for them to look at them!!

I think this is due to the bright colours of the suit, that really draw the eye, and the ability to do flying poses. It's a fantastic figure, but I couldnt believe they thought it was better than all the DXs!!

Cant believe it. I had a group of friends over who hadnt seen my Hot Toys collection. And even though all my DXs, Spidermans, and Predator were on display too, they only commented on how good the Superman looked, and how good the head sculpt was! I had to point out the DX08 Joker and DX06 Jack specifically for them to look at them!!

I think this is due to the bright colours of the suit, that really draw the eye, and the ability to do flying poses. It's a fantastic figure, but I couldnt believe they thought it was better than all the DXs!!

It is one of hot toys best, It is a simple figure that was done so exceptionally well. I am not a big superman fan but do prefer reeves over all others, I did not jump on this early ether but after getting him I was so impressed I got another just to keep in the box:) Great figure all the way from the sculpt to the costume to the body to the box. Its is about as good as it gets except that base leaves something to be desired, but no one buys this guy for the base.

i think this figure is so much more photogenic than the keaton batman.

all the batman photos look exactly the same, with the superman figure you can really get some variation in the way you display him.

i think this figure is so much more photogenic than the keaton batman.

all the batman photos look exactly the same, with the superman figure you can really get some variation in the way you display him.

89 bats is another awesome figure that was done extremely well, however your point is correct in that the suit is very restrictive where as supermans is not. I don't do dynamic poses anyway so not a issue for me, both are must haves for the dc fans.

Badass. I wasn't planing on reposing any time soon, but now I'm not so sure...

Im always reluctant to change Supes's pose (esp the cape) but in the end you just realize
there are just many cool possibilities with this fig :yess:

It is one of hot toys best, It is a simple figure that was done so exceptionally well. I am not a big superman fan but do prefer reeves over all others, I did not jump on this early ether but after getting him I was so impressed I got another just to keep in the box:) Great figure all the way from the sculpt to the costume to the body to the box. Its is about as good as it gets except that base leaves something to be desired, but no one buys this guy for the base.

Thats my story too :lol
and i agree about the base
i might remove the two largest crystals soon to balance the look

89 bats is another awesome figure that was done extremely well, however your point is correct in that the suit is very restrictive where as supermans is not. I don't do dynamic poses anyway so not a issue for me, both are must haves for the dc fans.

agreed both are must haves for DC fans. my first hot toys as a matter of fact. slippery slope as i now own 89 joker and will pick up the dx 2.0 joker, bane, catwoman, 89 batmobile and any of the returns figures....arkham batm...

anyways, yes CR superman grail figure so well done. im not a huge superman fan but will always remember going to the movies and being in total awe. this figure captures all that is great about the man of steel.

Back