1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Even if they did a 2-in-1 (preferably a DX; which I'd buy), I don't think I could bring myself to sell this. It truly is a masterpiece. It's funny because, other than the base, the hands, and (for some) the kryptonite, he has no accessories, and yet, this is one of those figures that is truly amazing. I think that's a testament to how great this guy is, in that he is almost universally loved by those who have him (and some who don't) without relying on accessories, and, dare I say, packaging. This guy could've came in a paper bag with a tupperware lid for a base, and I'd be just as blown away as I was opening that awesome box.

Yeh, because that kryptonite really makes or breaks the figure :monkey1

No. But for me to spend the cash on Supes...I want all the accessories I can get my hands on. Which...aside from an oversized box (reminds of this girl I dated) and a fancy dancy stand. This figure is minimal at best when it comes to accessories.

Even if they did a 2-in-1 (preferably a DX; which I'd buy), I don't think I could bring myself to sell this. It truly is a masterpiece. It's funny because, other than the base, the hands, and (for some) the kryptonite, he has no accessories, and yet, this is one of those figures that is truly amazing. I think that's a testament to how great this guy is, in that he is almost universally loved by those who have him (and some who don't) without relying on accessories, and, dare I say, packaging. This guy could've came in a paper bag with a tupperware lid for a base, and I'd be just as blown away as I was opening that awesome box.

LOL
Ya couldnt wait 30 secs until I posted mine first huh? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

No. But for me to spend the cash on Supes...I want all the accessories I can get my hands on. Which...aside from an oversized box (reminds of this girl I dated) and a fancy dancy stand. This figure is minimal at best when it comes to accessories.

Yeh, fair enough especially while it's still available through SSC at MSRP - I was more meaning that not having the kryptonite shouldn't be a deal-breaker. This is one sweet figure...

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture

Just keep in mind that "5-7 days" means business days. Too many people around here forget that.

:horror I didn't know Janet Jackson was dead!
:monkey3

Yeah... I got that. Not in a rush, just glad they are looking into the defects. As long as it is taken care of, I'm good.

It just seems a shame to only use this sculpt once to be frank I would I would love to see somebody do a custom superman in black suit. Not really in to the clark figure but you never know.

I finally opened mine up today and am very pleased with it. I like it a lot more than Indy, that is for sure.

I have owned the CKING v1, the Cinemaquette (which I returned the day I opened it), and now this one. I personally think this one is the best so Reeve so far. Head sculpt looks great to me! I have him displayed in a museum style pose on the simple black base for now.

This piece, the Bale Batman, and the Arnold from T1 are all top notch IMO.

Heard back from Sideshow in Friday regarding the snags in the suit on mine, they have stated that they are unable to replace it due to the ones they have checked all having snags too and have offered a £25 refund instead.

Heard back from Sideshow in Friday regarding the snags in the suit on mine, they have stated that they are unable to replace it due to the ones they have checked all having snags too and have offered a £25 refund instead.

Sounds like SSC is fibbing about the snags, since it would probably just cost them more to replace this suit.

DCD and Mattel have both made Reeve Superman products recently. HT is the only one to actually give us something that looked like him though :lol

HT spoke openly about having likeness rights. You'll also notice Mattel did not.

This ended up being a home run for HT, and for AK... the HS is so amazing.

Which...aside from an oversized box (reminds of this girl I dated)

If you meant this the way I took it very very funny, reminds me of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiam, :lol:lol:lol

My Supes will be going back to Sideshow for a replacement. There are gouges/rub marks on both sides of the neck and the top of the S shield looks a little sloppy.

p1060236l.jpg

p1060247ze.jpg

p1060242a.jpg

Can you post a pick

150460d1322438981-action-figures-img_0883.jpg
150459d1322438958-action-figures-img_0879.jpg
150461d1322439003-action-figures-img_0892.jpg
150462d1322439021-action-figures-img_0896.jpg
150463d1322439044-action-figures-img_0910.jpg
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEbaqHY7MR0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEbaqHY7MR0[/ame]

Back