1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I know that my pics suck compared to most of everyone else's, and this figure has been photographed to death already; but here's mine anyway.

Superman01.jpg

Superman02.jpg

Superman03.jpg

I got my figure yesterday and agree with what Chris has said.

Luckily no snags or marks on mine although the S shield has a pronounced curve at the top rather than a straight edge. Not enough for a swap though.

I am finding the skin tone to be a little dark but it is a minor gripe.

The cape is a bit of a let down, great idea for flying poses but it just does not allow for a natural looking drape for a standing pose which is what i wanted to replicate and the material is odd. The arms not having the movement to go close to the sides of the body affect being able to reproduce the classic Reeve standing promo pictures also. Maybe they will work better clasped behind his back as in the iconic flag photo.

Another nit pick is that the boots should be taller and go to just below the knee. On the figure they fall well short.

But a great presentation overall considering this is 1/6 and helped by a fantastic sculpt.

Your both complaining just to complain...it's an amazing fig.

vodoun, the updated flying pic is freaking bad ass authentic, all your pics are awesome! :rock

:exactly: :goodpost: amazing job.

My Supes doesn't have as much junk up front as Vodoun's :(

:rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

Your both complaining just to complain...it's an amazing fig.

It's not complaining, it is my personal observation from having the figure in hand. Like I said, it is a fantastic overall presentation. But there are certain aspects in the costume detailing that make it fall short of true screen accuracy. There are those who love having an idealized representation of the character and there are those who are interested in attaining a close as possible depiction of what was seen on screen. I understand and appreciate both points of view.

It's not complaining, it is my personal observation from having the figure in hand. Like I said, it is a fantastic overall presentation. But there are certain aspects in the costume detailing that make it fall short of true screen accuracy. There are those who love having an idealized representation of the character and there are those who are interested in attaining a close as possible depiction of what was seen on screen. I understand and appreciate both points of view.

Fact: Nothing is perfect :lecture

Fact: this fig is awesome

Fact: your nit picking when you should be enjoying a beautiful fig

So basically, you complained about the figure for who knows how long, you got the figure (which btw is very well represented by the pictures), and then you immediately put it up for sale. I think any points you made during your constant rants about the figure are rendered moot simply by the absurdity of everything you've done and said in this thread.

:exactly::exactly:

Vodoun, you're photos are on the same level as OMG's. Awesome!

You bet your a$$ I complained about it but as I said all along - I had still got the figure on pre-order and would reserve final judgment until I'd seen it in person.

That time came when I received the figure and it took no more than 10 minutes for me to conclude that it just wasn't what I was hoping for.

ALL of the points I made in my "rants" were 100% correct and valid so the only absurdity around here is when people like you try and convince people like me that this figure is perfect when clearly - our opinions are completely opposite to each other.

So basically, you complained about the figure for who knows how long, you got the figure (which btw is very well represented by the pictures), and then you immediately put it up for sale. I think any points you made during your constant rants about the figure are rendered moot simply by the absurdity of everything you've done and said in this thread.

You bet your a$$ I complained about it but as I said all along - I had still got the figure on pre-order and would reserve final judgment until I'd seen it in person.

That time came when I received the figure and it took no more than 10 minutes for me to conclude that it just wasn't what I was hoping for.

ALL of the points I made in my "rants" were 100% correct and valid so the only absurdity around here is when people like you try and convince people like me that this figure is perfect when clearly - our opinions are completely opposite to each other.

since its such a crappy figure your selling it at a discount right :wink1:

So you wanted a 1/6 Christopher Reeve? Talk about unreasonable expectations.

If you're supposedly such a big fan, why would you not keep this? It's the perfect translation of the Christopher Reeve Superman in 1/6 collectible figure form.

I agree with you about the cape and shoulders, I don't particularly like them either but to write this figure off as "alright, a nice toy that I would have liked as a kid" is extreme, don't you think?

The body type and headsculpt alone makes this figure worth keeping and owning. I'm no Hot Toys apologist or, as some like to call it, pole squatter but did it ever occur to you how hard it would be to not only make this costume (sewing, stitching, creating, dyeing, fabric, form) but mass produce it? We're not talking about ONE 1/1 costume here we're you're fitting it onto an actor. We're talking about a 1/6 figure that has to fit on an articulated body and needs to be made for thousands of customers, AND look identical to each other.

I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting or looking for. Clearly this is a great tribute and work and effort was put into it. I would think that you would understand this considering you're such a self proclaimed "Reeve costume expert" that has, quote on quote,
"has spent a long, long time studying this costume and having displays made in various scales ranging from full size to 1/4 scale".

Surely you would see Hot Toy's effort here.

Personally i think its a bloody amazing figure and worth every penny.

I really like this figure. Nothing is ever going to be absolutely, 100% perfect, but I'm very happy to have one of these figures coming soon.

So you wanted a 1/6 Christopher Reeve? Talk about unreasonable expectations.

If you're supposedly such a big fan, why would you not keep this? It's the perfect translation of the Christopher Reeve Superman in 1/6 collectible figure form.

I agree with you about the cape and shoulders, I don't particularly like them either but to write this figure off as "alright, a nice toy that I would have liked as a kid" is extreme, don't you think?

The body type and headsculpt alone makes this figure worth keeping and owning. I'm no Hot Toys apologist or, as some like to call it, pole squatter but did it ever occur to you how hard it would be to not only make this costume (sewing, stitching, creating, dyeing, fabric, form) but mass produce it? We're not talking about ONE 1/1 costume here we're you're fitting it onto an actor. We're talking about a 1/6 figure that has to fit on an articulated body and needs to be made for thousands of customers, AND look identical to each other.

I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting or looking for. Clearly this is a great tribute and work and effort was put into it. I would think that you would understand this considering you're such a self proclaimed "Reeve costume expert" that has, quote on quote,
"has spent a long, long time studying this costume and having displays made in various scales ranging from full size to 1/4 scale".

Surely you would see Hot Toy's effort here.
:exactly: :goodpost:

Just got mine

One of their best likenesses to date.

Can't wait to have Keaton Bats next to him :rock

I got one with a shiny forehead due to the plastic they wrap around it. Pissed. Anyone else get one like this?

I got one with a shiny forehead due to the plastic they wrap around it. Pissed. Anyone else get one like this?

No mine's fine but i hate that they do that plastic wrap like that.

I'd see if using the hair dryer to blast some heat onto the neck would help.........

It did the trick, the marks on my supes's neck have gone, hope this helps ;)
D

Anyone try this on either the batman bruce head or this head for for this issue. If so, results?

Back