1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Does anyone else think that this figure looks a little cross-eyed?

Does anyone else think that this figure looks a little cross-eyed?

tumblr_loedkyH2B11qexyu2.gif

The same conversation was had re Spiderman. My logic to the doubters applies equally here: IT'S SUPERMAN. Not talking prince dasdan, or kevin fynn, or even Iron Man (now with new hat). But Superman. And probably the best Reeve Supes that will ever be produced. You don't pass on HT doing Superman. It simply isn't done.

BEST POST OF THE THREAD!!! :bow

(was that a Malibu Stacy reference? :lol)

The only thing that would make me cancel Supes would be if the 11th Doctor Who figure from Big Chief was shipping at the same time and I only had the money for one...

No, scratch that.... I would take Supes, even then.

I don't see the vibro axe as being necessary to the figure. But if you do, more power to ya. I'm not so sure either Viper or RnR will have the Ex come back in stock given they're both heavy hitters.

I think my big problem is that...I really don't like the movie that much. :dunno

What Reeve did for the role was epic. I can't disagree with that, or that I have a lot of emotional connection to the film. My dad's favorite comic hero was Superman, and I can remember him being really excited to rent it for us when we were little.

I just never got into it. I love Superman, his mythology, and everything he stands for, but if I have a PF to look forward to down the road, this figure is redundant for me.

However, if I had a friend with three sons between the ages of 1 and 10, who does not collect because he spends most of his discretionary income on games, toys, movies, and comics for those boys...Merry Christmas to my friend.

would be silly if we see post like these a year from now:

'finally got him for less than $400!:yess: should've kept that preorder:slap'

:peace

Well, depending on final product, I may sell two of my three Supes, so if it hits the $400 mark, I'll be a rich guy!

... though it's a tough calculation as this fig will probably worthless in one year when they release the DX version... :(

Even if they release a DX, this will hold its value.

The v1 TDK batman still sells for $250+ on eBay despite there being a DX Batman

v1 Joker i've also seen go for near $200

true. the dx 2 in 1 with clark kent head sculpt and suit.

i'd be the silly one if i say i'd pass on that though, the hot toys zombie that i've become...

But it will happen. And more than once.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

Even if they release a DX, this will hold its value.

The v1 TDK batman still sells for $250+ on eBay despite there being a DX Batman

v1 Joker i've also seen go for near $200

Dream all you want. HT's already been public with the fact that PERS didn't really work with the character. I don't see them changing their mind and since that's the defining characteristic of a DX, that means no DX.

Last edited:

I couldn't care less if they released a DX or not :dunno

Just sayin' IF they did, this will still hold its value.

Man, that must have been really horrible if they considered that the PERs system was worse than a cross-eyed figure!:rotfl

... yet I still bet there will be a better one in a year or two. Remember how there were claims at the begining it would be a two in one and all, We'll get that two in one! HT can't pass such an opportunity! I'm even sure we'll get a black outfit Jor El! All this is cheap and easy to produce and is sure to be a real bestseller among collectors! It WILL happen, and thar shall be PERS! Will work with another headsculpt. Here they went for fast and cheap (for them).

The next one will be be great! Remember: "Hottoy is perfect" (Chinese accent)

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

Dream all you want. HT's already been public with the fact that PERS didn't really work with the figure. I don't see them changing their mind and since that's the defining characteristic of a DX, that means no DX.

Man, that must have been really horrible if they considered that the PERs system was worse than a cross-eyed figure!:rotfl

... yet I still bet there will be a better one in a year or two. Remember how there were claims at the begining it would be a two in one and all, We'll get that two in one! HT can't pass such an opportunity! I'm even sure we'll get a black outfit Jor El! All this is cheap and easy to produce and is sure to be a real bestseller among collectors! It WILL happen, and thar shall be PERS! Will work with another headsculpt. Here they went for fast and cheap (for them).

The next one will be be great! Remember: "Hottoy is perfect" (Chinese accent)

I think your lazy eye is giving you the impression of the figures being cross-eyed. Good thing is, the money you'll save never intending to purchase this figure in the first place (planning to cancel when the 30-day hits) and just trolling this thread, you can put towards your optometrist visit so he can get you some corrective lenses that allow you to see a non-blurred reality.

Oh, and....
Kim is Korean

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

As penance you must eat cheese that is neither moldy nor tastes like a foot.

I think it's a greater penance to eat old kimchi that's been fermenting in a pot for several years :D.

Back