1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

how do you get the Green Kryptonite ???

Let me be the first to say, Wheres "89 Batman?!?! EPIC FAIL HOT TOYS!!! lol, just kidding. Other than the "89 batman, which was the first real superhero movie from my childhood, this is my most anticipated figure, and it couldn't be better. I'm toying with the idea of making a few special edition cases for it.

You need to read most of the posts in here because you've obviously missed them. I've seen very few say that this is anything less than best head sculpt that can be made of Christopher Reeve, it's 100%, it's the best figure ever made, it's the best likeness HT's has ever made, this is the last figure I'll ever collect, it can't get any better than this, etc, etc. That's not hyperbole? I'm as excited about this figure as the next but there are only a handful being rational about it. It's a great representation of an iconic character that has flaws, that could definitely be improved on, but it's not a deal breaker in the end. Is it the best mass produced Reeve to date? Sure, but that's not saying anything. Does it look like Chris Reeve? Yes. Could it look a lot more like Chris Reeve? Yes. Should people be happy and excited? Yes. Should people be dissappointed if they wanted a closer likeness? Yes. Should people want the figure to be the best in the end? Yes. Should both sides be able to voice their opinion? Yes. Is Elvis really dead? Maybe.

Okay, so you do like it.

You're in murky territory though. In the past, I've brought up similar feelings pertaining to people's thoughts on "BEST FIGURE EVAR". But you have to understand, it's people getting caught in the moment. For some, pronouncing that "THIS IS THE END ALL BE ALL FIGURE, EVAR" is a fleeting moment, a rash spur of the moment feeling about how they feel. For others, it might be exactly that, the best figure they've ever seen and better than any thing they've owned prior to this. Don't you think you're being too judgmental, we've only been a few hours into this announcement, of course people are going to get excited.

Who are we to judge? Why analyze it. You know how you feel, who cares about others. If they annoy you, take some time off the boards. That's what I do honestly.

But, anyway, while I've been there before and know how you feel, I wish you'd just give in to the good feelings and mood of this thread. It was doom and gloom for months with tons of bickering and over analyzing and hyper posts but now there's this mutual agreement that this thing is great, which I think it is.

You need to read most of the posts in here because you've obviously missed them. I've seen very few say that this is anything less than best head sculpt that can be made of Christopher Reeve, it's 100%, it's the best figure ever made, it's the best likeness HT's has ever made, this is the last figure I'll ever collect, it can't get any better than this, etc, etc. That's not hyperbole? I'm as excited about this figure as the next but there are only a handful being rational about it. It's a great representation of an iconic character that has flaws, that could definitely be improved on, but it's not a deal breaker in the end. Is it the best mass produced Reeve to date? Sure, but that's not saying anything. Does it look like Chris Reeve? Yes. Could it look a lot more like Chris Reeve? Yes. Should people be happy and excited? Yes. Should people be dissappointed if they wanted a closer likeness? Yes. Should people want the figure to be the best in the end? Yes. Should both sides be able to voice their opinion? Yes. Is Elvis really dead? Maybe.

You are absolutely right in whatever you think, man.

And so are we. This figure is perfect. YEAH!

It's a great representation of an iconic character that has flaws, that could definitely be improved on, but it's not a deal breaker in the end.

This is pretty much how I feel :lecture

WOOHOO! Let the preorders begin!

This figure is not to miss! Gonna be one one of Hot Toys' BEST ever!

Sigh..I think, with this figure, Spiderman jumped back onto my 'will buy' list after having been off it for a couple of months. I'm back wanting all my favourite Superheroes - Supes, Batman and Spiderman. I have Wolverine and the Nolan Batmans so I'm sorted there.

Winnie: I sure like to hate disgruntled. Wasn't that fun, Piglet?
Piglet: Y-yes, but the best part is when it stops... Oh d-d-d-Dear

8687.jpg

*reuploaded bcoz photobuket sux*

Your funny, you say both sides should be able to express their opinion, then call it hyperbole when they do. You can't have it both ways. If people want to say it's perfect isn't that their opinion?

Its probably stated somewhere but I didn't find. Did find some info but not a concrete answer so sorry if repeated question:

Is it confirmed that Sideshow will carry it as they technically don't have the license? but will be carrying him?

Please let me know!!!!

Some local shop here already have this on PO for $221 :horror

I'm expecting him to be around $170-190 but not like a DX price :thud:

Still need to canvass :rolleyes2

Could someone help me out with links of places that have this for preorder?

Thanks

Yes SS is carrying it.

Really can't wait to have HT Reeve Superman, Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker on a shelf :rock

I can't say I'd drop $$$ on Luthor as I just don't find Hackman (even though I love his portrayal) that interesting looking, but if I could get a HT Zod I'd be all about it :rock :rock :rock

Are you kidding? I'd love to have a Hackman Luthor to go with this. Of course, Zod would be the priority if there was a choice.

Your funny, you say both sides should be able to express their opinion, then call it hyperbole when they do. You can't have it both ways. If people want to say it's perfect isn't that their opinion?

An opinion and hyperbole are two completely different things.

It feels like 1987 when I see this! :rock

Use to hunt and hunt shops on holiday in Torquey yet nobody had the little 6 inchers. My god that is just gorgeous.

htsupermanpr15.jpg

From this pic it does look like the cape is wired but not too overtly. Has HT ever put wires in any of their capes? Was it a success or a fail?

An opinion and hyperbole are two completely different things.

If someone says they think a sculpt is 100% dead on, that is opinion which you may perceive as hyperbole since yours differs.

Hyperbole is actually saying the sculpt looks more like p!tu than CR.

Back