1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Superman isn't 100%, but at least I can see CR there. Still, this is really irritating.

Maybe when Indiana Jones is about to ship he'll post pics of a HFord sculpt worth owning.

I wonder if HT has learned from this?

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

I don't get it- looks just like CR to me......oh well what do I know???

Last edited:

I actually LIKE the new Man of Steel suit!! Really do we need ANOTHER regular suit like CR wore- that is HIS suit and it should be his. The new suit very much retro in a way like the Fleisher cartoons and early Action Comics with 21st century style thrown in. Hope HT will make this figure- like I'm sure they will!

I love the golden age S. I don't care about the shorts. Even the "pinstriping" is pretty low key.

If they had not done the texture on the new suit I probably wouldn't say anything. But the material looks too much like Spidey's new suit.

What does that mean? He could mean he feels it's perfect and doesn't care what anyone thinks. :lol

That's how I interpreted his comment too. I think it may be a language barrier thing, his meaning really isn't clear especially in the context of the comments he seems to be responding to asking him to update the HT sculpt. He could be saying: "please don't worry. Hottoy is Perfect!"...as in you've got nothing to worry about, we've fixed it and it is now perfect...OR..."please don't worry. Hottoy is Perfect!" as in...What are you guys worried about? It's already perfect as it has been shown. Maybe there is no language barrier, and he is being intentionally cryptic. :lol

I guess we'll all see in a few months.

Funny. Before this piece showed up people were bashing and degrading him to hell. :cuckoo:

Can't blame them - His Indy was (and remains) one of the worst HT sculpts i've seen and the 1/6 Reeve shown so far (as opposed to this new 1/4 version) doesn't look all that spectacular to me.

Until this 1/4 Reeve I had seen nothing from him to change the perception that he was a one trick pony.

Worst HT sculpt ever?

You must be new to HT.

Their Drago takes that prize.

rocky-12-ivan-drago-figure-hot-toys--2132-p.jpg

Worst HT sculpt ever?

You must be new to HT.

Nah, this guy..

WM7U85QzjQ2DqfV.jpg

I still love my Hudson figure though.

Worst HT sculpt ever?

You must be new to HT.

Nah, this guy..

WM7U85QzjQ2DqfV.jpg

I still love my Hudson figure though.

:slap Uh.... HUGE DIFFERENCE guys. Unlike your examples, HT actually has the rights (through Sideshow) for Ford's likeness.

Honestly, this new look isn't any further removed from the source material than the '89 Batman, if you guys honestly stop and think about it.

That was met with a lot of criticism at first (most people didn't realize he was supposed to be wearing body armor), but there was no internet back then to let people dwell on it. As it was Bats was already seeing a lot of tweaking in the comics depending on the artist (length of ears and cape, symbol design, blue or black cowl, etc), so those reading the comics were a bit more open to the design (though they were deeply split on Keaton's casting).

That was met with a lot of criticism at first (most people didn't realize he was supposed to be wearing body armor), but there was no internet back then to let people dwell on it. As it was Bats was already seeing a lot of tweaking in the comics depending on the artist (length of ears and cape, symbol design, blue or black cowl, etc), so those reading the comics were a bit more open to the design (though they were deeply split on Keaton's casting).

With the exception of the internet, it's amazing how much of this post can be applied to Superman right now. :lol

Honestly, I have no issue with it. It's better than the silver-on-black costume, that thing Burton wanted, electric superman (red and blue) and the mullety abomination from the 90's, so I can easily take a wait and see approach.

You had me at pantywaist. :1-1:

I know, sugarbuns. :inlove

Last edited:

A number of people I knew called Keaton "Bat Vader" before the movie in 89. But Anton Furst was the man. Brilliant designer. What a shame he killed himself.

Even when forums were on the go 10 years ago there was less prats. Now everyone has a keyboard to voice their views. Today... a fricken mess.

When did you first get online? same goes for nam, and DiFab...

vlcsnap325288wo.jpg

Back