1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Is that a muscle suit or did this guy really bulk up that big?! Holy cow. After seeing the Immortal trailer, I didn't think the guy would be able to fill out a Superman suit. Clearly, I was incorrect.

It's a muscle suit. Don't matter to me though, as long as it looks natural on screen.

And yeah that painted picture of the new Arnie sculpt shows how good it is.

Reeve_Painting_Simulation.jpg

Amazing!:clap

When it comes to CR's sculpt aside from BL, Arnie's the man for the job! :exactly:

Arnie Kim just posted this on Facebook:

Looks a lot better than the one on the HT figure to me. Hopefully they'll change it still :dunno

323190_2288970071308_1460645150_2676292_430494_o.jpg

Woah. :google :eek :eek: :thud:

His style works incredibly well for some material, but not for others. The Batman movies make me think of the 60's show with a different color template. It's borderline comedy and I can't stand it. Keaton and Nicholson are the best things about it, but they're still trapped in that world. It's limiting.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Schumacher. ;)

No. It seems it is a personal sculpt of his (Arnie Kim)

its a 1/4th scale Superman, this is not the the one that is going to get released.....

And still it looks off :lol
No seriously it is :naughty

I like the prototype expression infinitely more than the 1:4 scale, but the likeness on the new one is flawless.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Schumacher. ;)

I don't think either director took the material seriously.

Chin looks a bit exaggerated on the 1/4 sculpt, but it's a very fine piece of work indeed.

How pissed is HT going to be over Arnie posting that? Unless the final sculpt is really improved, Arnie has just damaged the perception of this figure.

This would be like an actor apologizing for a film about to come out and saying "My next movie will be much better". Even if it's a good movie the actor has still affected the way it will be viewed.

Arnie Kim's sculpt has no articulation and does not need to conform to the needs of a poseable figure. It also is a larger scale. He's also done photoshop work on the final image.

Last edited:

How pissed is HT going to be over Arnie posting that? Unless the final sculpt is really improved, Arnie has just damaged the perception of this figure.

This would be like an actor apologizing for a film about to come out and saying "My next movie will be much better". Even if it's a good movie the actor has still affected the way it will be viewed.

Last I heard Arnie said the HT sculpt was "perfect".

Hes selling the 1/4 Bruce Lee bust for $5K.

I think he will be selling the 1/4 Supes bust for the same amount, if anyone is willing to pay that price :panic:

Superman isn't 100%, but at least I can see CR there. Still, this is really irritating.

Maybe when Indiana Jones is about to ship he'll post pics of a HFord sculpt worth owning.

I wonder if HT has learned from this?

Back