1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Yet you were one of the big whiners demanding pictures and when you get them you're still unhappy.

Yep my friend, having the opportunity to own the best Superhero portrayal in this format is a must have so the announcement finally came, with a very hyped bonus Arnie Kim as Sculptor, then the pics came, and the results were = Arnie Kim Overrated, mediocre likeness, a lot of issues that could have been corrected if they care about this character, and 209.00 for this, this figure because of the treatment and lack of accessories should be at least @ 180.00 but then again, whatever if your happy is good, at least some of the money goes to charity, that the good news for me........

I'm not going to hold it against anybody if they keep criticizing this thing because they don't see what I saw...again, I'll be the first to admit this pic could be a lot better.
Is true when you have it on hand is totally different but i think they missed big time here, Still if they release another figure of Supes, you know the DX that we were expecting :pray:and if they change the sculptor for the next one and it comes with a more accurate sculpt i would like to hear the opinions of all those that are saying that some of us were completely wrong:wave

Last edited:

Did you see it in person? If you didn't, you can go ahead and think they missed "big time," but you don't know how the figure actually looks.

Did you see it in person? If you didn't, you can go ahead and think they missed "big time," but you don't know how the figure actually looks.

My God i don't have to see it in person to see that:

1. The S in the front is not screen accurate.
2. The boots need more sculpting details to be screen accurate.
3. The face needs more care to make it look like Chris Reeve, remember i said it was IMHO 70% accurate, i know that in person is another thing, but DX Jack S, Joker 89, Bruce Wayne Bats Begins says another story, so can we blame the "promotion picture department" from Hot Toys to take bad pictures of this product?...............:dunno

My God i don't have to see it in person to see that:

1. The S in the front is not screen accurate.
2. The boots need more sculpting details to be screen accurate.
3. The face needs more care to make it look like Chris Reeve, remember i said it was IMHO 70% accurate, i know that in person is another thing, but DX Jack S, Joker 89, Bruce Wayne Bats Begins says another story, so can we blame the "promotion picture department" from Hot Toys to take bad pictures of this product?...............:dunno
I was just talking about the headsculpt. You're wrong about the "S" and the boots will likely be fixed in production, but regardless, I'm picturing you jumping up and down like an angry monkey and slamming your fists on the desk before you typed that. You did, didn't you?

Last edited:

DX Sparrow= 100% accuracy
Bale Batman= 100% accuracy
DX Joker= 100% accuracy
DX Joker 89= 100% accuracy
RE Alice= 100% accuracy

... but...

DX Bruce Lee= 80% accuracy
Indy= 60% accuracy
Superman= 25% accuracy

Clearly, they should have left Arnie Kim where he belongs, (and we would have a 100% accuracy DXBL) and select someone else for Indie and Supes!

Superman is at least 85% accurate and Alice is now 25% accurate :lecture

I was just talking about the headsculpt. You're wrong about the "S" and the boots will likely be fixed in production, but regardless, I'm picturing you jumping up and down like an angry monkey and slamming your fists on the desk before you typed that. You did, didn't you?

No i didn't, no i wont, i am not angry about this! just disappointed thats all, what good would it make to be angry and hitting and throwing things because of a 12 inch figure? i don't want to go back and discuss whatever is been done earlier in this post so here is what i am trying to say:

https://www.supermania78.com/search/label/Super Figures/Statues

Thats all.......just hope it gets fixed by the time the figure goes out for sale.

Cheers!

DX Sparrow= 100% accuracy
Bale Batman= 100% accuracy
DX Joker= 100% accuracy
DX Joker 89= 100% accuracy
RE Alice= 100% accuracy

... but...

DX Bruce Lee= 80% accuracy
Indy= 60% accuracy
Superman= 25% accuracy

Clearly, they should have left Arnie Kim where he belongs, (and we would have a 100% accuracy DXBL) and select someone else for Indie and Supes!

Not that you prolly care, but you've completely lost all credibility in my book.

Is it bad that I laughed at the link not working? Anyway, Cheers to you, too. Like I said, I'm not going to for criticizing this thing because you didn't see what those of us who saw this in person saw, but that doesn't mean you aren't wrong. :nana:

Is it bad that I laughed at the link not working? Anyway, Cheers to you, too. Like I said, I'm not going to for criticizing this thing because you didn't see what those of us who saw this in person saw, but that doesn't mean you aren't wrong. :nana:

it work for me, probably you have something blocking it from your browser, here are the pics.

Chest-Comments.jpg

Cape-Comments.jpg

Boots-Comments.jpg

Seb_Manip2.jpg

:slap:slap:slap

it work for me, probably you have something blocking it from your browser, here are the pics.

Chest-Comments.jpg

Cape-Comments.jpg

Boots-Comments.jpg

Honestly ..that's serious nitpicking, and this is coming from a buyer of kato's joker suit!^^^^ :lol:lol:lol

Seb_Manip2.jpg

This is the only part of your post that has actually matter imo ^^^^

Yeah is good to nitpick when you're paying 200+ for the best Superhero of them all including best performance of them all! Remember this is not DC Direct or Hasbro were talking here

Yep is true if they fixed that the other things don't matter anymore

Last edited:

Yep is true if they fixed that the other things don't matter anymore

Chest-Comments.jpg

That's not right at all!!!!

His emblem should be red & yellow not stencil!!! Stupid Hot Toys! You done wrong again!

I understand nitpicking stuff like the likeness, really I do. But this is going too far with the boots and the emblem measurements. Relatively speaking, getting the likeness as accurate as possible is way more important to recreating the onscreen character in figure form than getting his boots the exact proportionate height or his chest and cape emblems to be the exact proportionate size. Really now, how important are his boots height to the film? How much screen time did his boots get? Now consider, how much screen time did his face get?

Some people just need to stfu! I hope they paint his boots black and leave out his symbol!!

Back