1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Did they improve the sculpt :dunno

You have to admit put this next to the '89 figures and no way the likeness is the same calibre

Like what do you mean?

Are you saying this looks better than Joker and Batman, or worse?

I think he looks much better on display then in the official release pics.

M.

Did they improve the sculpt :dunno

You have to admit put this next to the '89 figures and no way the likeness is the same calibre

In all honesty I see CR...but to date JN's joker is by far the best work they have done so I think it's an unfair comparison. There have been many HS that Had nit picking here and there but none come to mind with Joker, HT TOTALLY nailed it...and with that said they've raised the bar so much that it's gonna be hard for them to top themselves. I hope they do though.

I will own Supes and enjoy him...if down the line they re release it and it happens to look better maybe I'd buy it, maybe not as, personally, I'm happy with he way he looks.

Yeah i really don't like that aspect of the Burton films - Killer batman!

That said, I still think they're very good films, and the nostalgia alone has me convinced that these figs are must haves.

My heart lies with the Nolan interpretation though without a doubt.

I don't want to start a Nolan vs. Burton debate, but the whole "I don't have to save you" thing kind of bugged me too. The "real" Batman would have tried to save him, because, philosophically, letting someone die is as bad as killing him, in my opinion anyway.

Like what do you mean?

Are you saying this looks better than Joker and Batman, or worse?

I think he looks much better on display then in the official release pics.

M.

I meant why should we have got past the likeness bickering since the sculpt is still the same one originally shown and its still as off as it always was IMO

The 89 figures have MUCH better sculpts.

He does look a bit better on display than the official release pics but HT figures always look better on display than the official pics for some reason.

Nevertheless, I'm not a big fan of this sculpt but the figure is too iconic for me to pass on it. I've got it on order

I meant why should we have got past the likeness bickering since the sculpt is still the same one originally shown and its still as off as it always was IMO

The 89 figures have MUCH better sculpts.

He does look a bit better on display than the official release pics but HT figures always look better on display than the official pics for some reason.

Nevertheless, I'm not a big fan of this sculpt but the figure is too iconic for me to pass on it. I've got it on order

Ah, ok... gotcha.

Yeah, i don't really think the 1989 Batman looks great on display in th epics i have seen so far... bad lighting i would blame it on, but the production shots are awesome.

I am not a big Superman fan at all... but like you, he is going to be too iconic to pass up.

M.

I don't want to start a Nolan vs. Burton debate, but the whole "I don't have to save you" thing kind of bugged me too. The "real" Batman would have tried to save him, because, philosophically, letting someone die is as bad as killing him, in my opinion anyway.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Besides, Nolan's Batman was a murdering bastard when it came to torching the whole League of Shadows, but Void keeps skirting that. :lol

I think Bruce thought of it as, "These aren't civilians, they're my equals, and if I can escape, so can they."

Wasn't there a small piece in the Death of Superman novel, can't recall if that was the exact title, where Batman makes an appearance and tells some scumbag that normally he'd kill him but out of respect for Superman, in Metropolis, he'd let him off? Or is that a false or incorrect memory?

I think Bruce thought of it as, "These aren't civilians, they're my equals, and if I can escape, so can they."

What about the civilians he could have potentially killed in the Batmobile chase in BB or in TDK when he was blowing up cars with the Batpod to clear a path? In the latter case theres no way he knew for a fact no one was in those cars!

It was pretty apparent they weren't escaping and he did nothing to go back and save them despite having caused the very thing that led to their demise. That's at the very least, manslaughter. There's no shades of gray.

Anway, Superman is almost here! :yess:

I was just referring to that scene, none of the others, though, the way he was pancaking cop cars, surely at least one officer died.

I was just referring to that scene, none of the others, though, the way he was pancaking cop cars, surely at least one officer died.

Or falling debris from his rooftop trollop in the tumbler, or the train crashing down on the street, etc.

I think Alfred had a line 'Its a miracle no one was killed' but still - he could have killed people, innocent people and all he says is something like "I didn't have time to observe the proper rules of the road Alfred". Well Tsk tsk.

I think Alfred had a line 'Its a miracle no one was killed' but still - he could have killed people, innocent people and all he says is something like "I didn't have time to observe the proper rules of the road Alfred". Well Tsk tsk.

Kevin Conroy Batman would NEVER do this! :)

The "real" Batman:

images

72724469.jpg

21899439.jpg

17437752.jpg

17120616.jpg

Can't wait for this amazing figure to come out. The Jack Joker and the Batman still have not impressed me as much as this figure

Can't wait for this amazing figure to come out. The Jack Joker and the Batman still have not impressed me as much as this figure

Are you getting Batman or Joker??Both them looks perfect.

I can't comprehend this.

I think it sucks. Nothing to do with faithfulness or anything. I just think it's stupid. Returns is worse.

:dunno

:)

I'm actually fine with hating it. Superman > Batman

I thought it would be cool to have a World's Finest display using figures from 'classic' films. Problem is the closest to classic film Batman is Burton's.

It's not a big deal. Classic, schmassic. Bale and Reeve will go great together. Both men capture the essence of the character, and so do both figures.

:lol @ the people hating on the '89 suit but praising Nolan's suit. The BB suit was clearly inspired by the '89.

BB suit was why I ignored it when it was in the threaters. My thought process went something like, 1) just like the Burton suit, 2) just like the Burton films, 3) this Batman movie is going to suck.

I've recovered now.

Yeah, Burtons movies in general are pretty timeless. Can't say the same for Superman 78.

I'm getting the Reeve Superman instead of a potential Cavill Superman because I have strong emotional connections to the '78 movie. I have no connection with '89 Batman, other than the contempt I felt for it upon release. (Incidentally, I was not a comic reader.)

I don't consider either film to be profound in any way shape or form, but I can easily sit down and watch the first two Superman films. I will leave the room if the first two Batman movies are on.

Back